These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 
Author
CCP Glaka
C C P
C C P Alliance
#81 - 2011-09-21 10:13:41 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Glaka
baltec1 wrote:
Lors Dornick wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
I would be far too tempted to go climb every volcano I could get to...


Climbing every volcano on Iceland would keep you busy for quite a while.



I know, they are so lucky


You are also lucky to have a country to visit that offers such a experience. We Icelanders take a lot of this stuff for granted, clean water, beautiful landscape and Björk.

HOHOHO

Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2011-09-21 11:25:02 UTC
CCP Glaka wrote:
Sir Substance wrote:
Eugene Spencer wrote:

INCUUUUUUURSIOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to try and go for a few more days this time. I went on the golden circle tour and all that, and we hired a car. But we didn't really get the chance to do much driving around. It'll be different this time though - I fancy driving the full way around Iceland, maybe spending a night or two on the east.


BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

My and my corpies are going to try and get a photo infront of the icelandic ***** museum, but its on the opposite side of iceland to Reykjavik.

Any icelandic devs know if you can catch a local flight there (if so, how much return?) or how long it takes to drive?


http://www.airiceland.is/ this might help you find local flights


Looks like it would cost about 40 euros per direction. Not too shabby at all, cheers man!

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Alissa Solette
Emergency Exit
#83 - 2011-09-21 12:12:57 UTC
I'd sooner go to WOW fanfest tbh.
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#84 - 2011-09-21 12:13:45 UTC
I will attend Fanfest one of these days. Until then, I will sit glued to my computer screen. Cry
Alpheias
The Khaleph
#85 - 2011-09-21 12:17:58 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
I will attend Fanfest one of these days. Until then, I will sit glued to my computer screen. Cry


When you reach of legal age to drink and travel on your own?

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2011-09-21 12:19:45 UTC
CCP Glaka wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Lors Dornick wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
I would be far too tempted to go climb every volcano I could get to...


Climbing every volcano on Iceland would keep you busy for quite a while.



I know, they are so lucky


You are also lucky to have a country to visit that offers such a experience. We Icelanders take a lot of this stuff for granted, clean water, beautiful landscape and Björk.

What about Emiliana Torrini?! Sad
CCP Prism X
C C P
C C P Alliance
#87 - 2011-09-21 12:41:30 UTC
St Mio wrote:
What about Emiliana Torrini?! Sad


We're kind of pissed at her at the moment after her song was used in the Inspired by Iceland initiative. It was rather annoying to have to start making some surreal dance routine every time you pass some random CCTV camera in case it was a direct feed to inspiredbyiceland.com.

Good times!
Epiphaniess
Verboten Technologies
#88 - 2011-09-21 13:18:47 UTC
CCP Prism X wrote:
St Mio wrote:
What about Emiliana Torrini?! Sad


We're kind of pissed at her at the moment after her song was used in the Inspired by Iceland initiative. It was rather annoying to have to start making some surreal dance routine every time you pass some random CCTV camera in case it was a direct feed to inspiredbyiceland.com.

Good times!


You can dance? When do you find the time?
CCP Tolverkr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#89 - 2011-09-21 13:35:55 UTC
CCP Prism X wrote:
St Mio wrote:
What about Emiliana Torrini?! Sad


We're kind of pissed at her at the moment after her song was used in the Inspired by Iceland initiative. It was rather annoying to have to start making some surreal dance routine every time you pass some random CCTV camera in case it was a direct feed to inspiredbyiceland.com.

Good times!


Agreed. I preferred this version.
Epiphaniess
Verboten Technologies
#90 - 2011-09-21 13:46:28 UTC
CCP Tolverkr wrote:
CCP Prism X wrote:
St Mio wrote:
What about Emiliana Torrini?! Sad


We're kind of pissed at her at the moment after her song was used in the Inspired by Iceland initiative. It was rather annoying to have to start making some surreal dance routine every time you pass some random CCTV camera in case it was a direct feed to inspiredbyiceland.com.

Good times!


Agreed. I preferred this version.


That is more like how I picture CCP Prism dancing. And the music fits too.
CCP Manifest
CCP Retirement Home
#91 - 2011-09-21 13:59:33 UTC
CCP Shadow wrote:

Every time I see your avatar, I see Donald Sutherland plotting against me.


Every time I see your avatar, I see someone inching ever closer into my masterfully laid trap.

======== o7 _CCP Manifest | Public Relations and Social Media | @ccp_manifest_

Tetsel
House Amamake
#92 - 2011-09-21 16:05:59 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:
Poor Akureyri, only known to EVE players for its whale dong.


Poor Akureyri, will soon discover how crazy Fanfester can be...
[WTB] Akureyri night bars adress
Pub Crawl in Akureyri ? is it possible ?

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

GM Horse
Game Master Retirement Home
#93 - 2011-09-21 17:06:47 UTC  |  Edited by: GM Horse
Tetsel wrote:
CCP Fallout wrote:
Poor Akureyri, only known to EVE players for its whale dong.


Poor Akureyri, will soon discover how crazy Fanfester can be...
[WTB] Akureyri night bars adress
Pub Crawl in Akureyri ? is it possible ?



Akureyri is 5-6 hours drive away from Reykjavík (each way), depending on how insane your driver is. Probably closer to 7 if you are going by bus. It's not really feasible as a Fanfest event.

That said, Akureyri is a awesome and beautiful town and a great place to visit.

As for night bars, every bar in Iceland is a night bar.
Harek
Delusions Empire
#94 - 2011-09-21 18:46:11 UTC
:) Fanfest 2012....I'll be there for the first time and as my own b-day gift Big smile
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#95 - 2011-09-21 18:50:01 UTC
Harek wrote:
:) Fanfest 2012....I'll be there for the first time and as my own b-day gift Big smile


You will be very welcome. Smile Seriously, I don't want to sound overly enthusiastic here, but Fanfest is an unforgettable experience, and Iceland is a hauntingly beautiful country.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Vanilla Twilight
Partido dos Trabalhadores
#96 - 2011-09-21 18:50:32 UTC
the 2012 fanfest theme probably gonna be monocles
Tetsel
House Amamake
#97 - 2011-09-21 19:38:27 UTC
GM Horse wrote:
Tetsel wrote:
CCP Fallout wrote:
Poor Akureyri, only known to EVE players for its whale dong.


Poor Akureyri, will soon discover how crazy Fanfester can be...
[WTB] Akureyri night bars adress
Pub Crawl in Akureyri ? is it possible ?



Akureyri is 5-6 hours drive away from Reykjavík (each way), depending on how insane your driver is. Probably closer to 7 if you are going by bus. It's not really feasible as a Fanfest event.

That said, Akureyri is a awesome and beautiful town and a great place to visit.

As for night bars, every bar in Iceland is a night bar.



Well my group come to Iceland not only for Fanfest we stay at least 1 week ;) so prior to Fanfest we will try to pub crawl in Akureyri ;) somebody up for this ?

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

Aothereon
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2011-09-21 20:04:17 UTC
CCP Shadow wrote:
Aothereon wrote:
Yes, most definitely.


Oh good, was hoping to meet you too sometime! I read your DUST 514 blog pretty regularly. Bear

Oh yay, I shall meet my first blog stalker! ^^

@Grideris: And you sir, I am looking forward to meeting you as well :)
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2011-09-22 02:51:35 UTC
Tetsel wrote:
GM Horse wrote:
Tetsel wrote:
CCP Fallout wrote:
Poor Akureyri, only known to EVE players for its whale dong.


Poor Akureyri, will soon discover how crazy Fanfester can be...
[WTB] Akureyri night bars adress
Pub Crawl in Akureyri ? is it possible ?



Akureyri is 5-6 hours drive away from Reykjavík (each way), depending on how insane your driver is. Probably closer to 7 if you are going by bus. It's not really feasible as a Fanfest event.

That said, Akureyri is a awesome and beautiful town and a great place to visit.

As for night bars, every bar in Iceland is a night bar.



Well my group come to Iceland not only for Fanfest we stay at least 1 week ;) so prior to Fanfest we will try to pub crawl in Akureyri ;) somebody up for this ?


I'm in. Do you arrive early or stay late? I'll try and coordinate the ninjas to match up.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Chitsa Jason
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#100 - 2011-09-27 01:26:14 UTC
This is going to be awesome. Ill be there and a couple of my alliance mates to represent w-space :)

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me