These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The isk guide that you can buy

Author
Mr Chili Palmer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-02-26 12:34:36 UTC
is the isk guide that you can buy a proper glossy bound book?
i have the pdf version, but quite fancy the book.........

"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried"

"If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail"

Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-02-26 12:37:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
http://eonmagazine.net/2011/03/22/isk-the-guide-3-0-in-our-hands/

Comment

That´s a prototype. The on-sale version will be a properly-bound book, similar to your typical Prima/Brady guide. Not quite hardback. Dogma seems to have gotten his hard and soft mixed up.

Hello, hello again.

Mr Chili Palmer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-02-26 12:44:13 UTC
cheers m8 half price at the moment so may have to invest in one :)

"If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail"

Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-02-26 13:26:16 UTC
Be warned that while that guide is indeed beautiful and I'm glad they made it... buying the book version is a horrible idea currently. Mainly due to 90% of the info inside now being so outdated it's not even relevant. Even the PDF isn't up to date last I checked. (But much closer than the print.)

Sadly it's best to just print it out, and re-print updated pages when it gets updated.
Shame, I really would love one myself.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#5 - 2012-02-26 13:28:34 UTC
Degren wrote:
http://eonmagazine.net/2011/03/22/isk-the-guide-3-0-in-our-hands/

Comment

That´s a prototype. The on-sale version will be a properly-bound book, similar to your typical Prima/Brady guide. Not quite hardback. Dogma seems to have gotten his hard and soft mixed up.

HIs mrs won't be pleased

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Lost Hamster
Hamster Holding Corp
#6 - 2012-02-26 16:10:31 UTC
Abyss Azizora wrote:
Mainly due to 90% of the info inside now being so outdated it's not even relevant.

That 90% I would put to 10% max. The changes what have been done between the book and the current TQ are not that different.
T0RT0ISE
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-02-26 16:15:41 UTC
90% is a really stupid sensationalist claim to make. As lost hammer points out, yes some will be out of date but the general point of the guide is to cover careers and other elements and when it gets into mechanics, anyone with half a brain should be able to infer that a hard copy of information about a constantly evolving online game may very well contain outdated info.

If you like the look, go for it. I'd love a copy but I'm far too cheap :P

It's a nice memento and is really rather well written. I recommend (at least the PDF) to newcomers all the time.
Mr Chili Palmer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-02-26 17:39:23 UTC
i think for less that £15 uk pounds delivered you can't complain :)

Lost Hamster
Hamster Holding Corp
#9 - 2012-02-26 21:17:54 UTC
Mr Chili Palmer wrote:
i think for less that £15 uk pounds delivered you can't complain :)

Agree. It's worth that much.
Ender Karazaki
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-04-04 06:38:38 UTC
Is there a place in the UK to buy it, I don't want to pay close to £50 for the book + delivery.