These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking for an FC to Interview About VoIP

Author
Highway Dangerzone
French Advance LLC
#1 - 2012-02-25 04:43:47 UTC
Hello o/

Recently I've received a school project to write a technical document about the challenges of team communication and coordination in a competitive online gaming environment and how VoIP helps solve some of these issues. One of the requirements is an interview with someone who regularly uses a VoIP program (Mumble, Teamspeak, Vent, etc). Since I recently decided to start playing EVE again, I realized that there is no game where coordination and communication is more important than in EVE.

If anyone has some experience (doesn't have to be much) as an FC who uses VOIP to help coordinate fleet movements, I would greatly appreciate it if they would post here so I can do a short interview--maybe 20 minutes--with them through whatever means are most convenient.
SigmaPi
Ambivalent Inc
Coney Island Ski Club
#2 - 2012-02-25 04:46:32 UTC
Will it be blind participation or will the interviewee be able to prepare responses? I'd be willing to help if you need it, as I participate as an FC for Minmatar FW often. The only problem is my schedule is a bit harsh currently, so it may simply not work out. Contact me with when I need to be available and I'll let you know if I can help.
Hired Assasin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-02-25 04:52:32 UTC
and my report is about relative trust between strangers, send me isk

Teamspeak 3 with API and Web Interface Hosting with Member Rewards!! : http://alturl.com/asde8 Catch me on EVE Gate, im allmost always on it!

Highway Dangerzone
French Advance LLC
#4 - 2012-02-25 05:02:10 UTC
SigmaPi wrote:
Will it be blind participation or will the interviewee be able to prepare responses? I'd be willing to help if you need it, as I participate as an FC for Minmatar FW often. The only problem is my schedule is a bit harsh currently, so it may simply not work out. Contact me with when I need to be available and I'll let you know if I can help.

Well, I was planning doing a rather informal interview. Just asking a few questions about advantages and disadvantages of VoIP over text chat when running a fleet along with whatever else seems to be interesting at the time.