These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Non-bomber T2 Destroyer Discussion

Author
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#21 - 2012-02-24 19:52:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Nerf the fly catcher, buff light interdictors in other ways, give the new tier of destroyers to take the role the flycatcher doesnt desevre. Say hello to new flycatcher's cousin without the bonus involving sphere launching.

Create a modify buff a reaver system that turns the table around, for frigates to fit to counter the new destroyer but they lose thier original good functions.

Pointing to one ship or dozens of not normally manufactured ships is not a good reason not to have a competing class.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Nomistrav
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-02-25 02:55:21 UTC
The destroyer you are talking about is already existing and it is called Flycatcher. It shoots easily up to 50 km and it has a bonus which eases killing fast, low signature targets. What else do you need?

I had mentioned this earlier as the Flycatcher is unique in it's class by being more efficient against targets that are fast moving. No other interdictor has this bonus, and their focus is on weapons not associated to their race (rockets/missiles). Yes, it already exists. No, it is not balanced in a game almost entirely about balance. -All- interdictors should have the same, or similar bonuses applied to their respective ships.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Meditril
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#23 - 2012-02-25 06:10:22 UTC
I tend to disagree. First, the Flycatcher is perfectly Inline with Caldari Missile doctreen. Second, different bonuses and capabilities between different races add spice to this game.
Previous page12