These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bioware; Angry Gamers Call Her a "Cancer"

First post
Author
Overseer Aliena
Lord of Wars
#81 - 2012-02-23 20:12:48 UTC
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#82 - 2012-02-23 20:19:47 UTC
Overseer Aliena
Lord of Wars
#83 - 2012-02-23 20:24:39 UTC
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#84 - 2012-02-23 21:28:06 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#85 - 2012-02-23 23:18:19 UTC
Answer this then. Even if she is the most terrible writer ever, that wrote the worst storylines in human history how would that justify a campaign of internet harassment?

The people behind the hate campaign are the true cancer.
Selinate
#86 - 2012-02-23 23:39:53 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Answer this then. Even if she is the most terrible writer ever, that wrote the worst storylines in human history how would that justify a campaign of internet harassment?

The people behind the hate campaign are the true cancer.

On one hand, yes, this is valid.

On the other hand, if players don't complain loud enough, devs really don't listen. This is especially true with EA, the slimy bastards...

So, take what you will. She made a career out of dealing with this type of community. To some extent, she could've expected this kind of treatment...
Alara IonStorm
#87 - 2012-02-24 00:09:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Selinate wrote:

So, take what you will. She made a career out of dealing with this type of community. To some extent, she could've expected this kind of treatment...

I don't think anyone expects a 6 year old quote abut how her newborns take time away from playing video games would turn into a RL campaign of Harassment. It doesn't matter if some company doesn't listen, you don't harass the staff especially for stupid reasons.

I don't care if your favorite title isn't turning out like they expect they should charge the worst of these people because you know their have been RL threats and you know half of them use their RL Name / E-Mail. When people take harassment that far for such stupid and 90% of the time severely uninformed reasons...

Well it is just beyond pathetic and their is no excuse especially not but, but, but...

Mah Videeeo Gahme!!!11
Selinate
#88 - 2012-02-24 00:19:26 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Selinate wrote:

I don't think anyone expects a 6 year old quote abut how her newborns take time away from playing video games would turn into a RL campaign of Harassment. It doesn't matter if some company doesn't listen, you don't harass the staff especially for stupid reasons.

I don't care if your favorite title isn't turning out like they expect they should charge the worst of these people because you know their have been RL threats and you know half of them use their RL Name / E-Mail. When people take harassment that far for such stupid and 90% of the time severely uninformed reasons...

Well it is just beyond pathetic and their is no excuse especially not but, but, but...

Mah Videeeo Gahme!!!11

Yeah, yeah. Keep bitching. It's not like the internet community / common game player is going to change just because your morals demand it.

Still should've expected it.
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2012-02-24 00:25:00 UTC
Gamespot posted a pretty good article about this.
Alara IonStorm
#90 - 2012-02-24 00:26:18 UTC
Selinate wrote:

Yeah, yeah. Keep bitching. It's not like the internet community / common game player is going to change just because your morals demand it.

Oh you haven't seen bitching yet. Tell the Internet you have a single child and don't have time for games if you want to see real bitching. Roll

I think it is incredibly stupid and will say so. Even if the Internet Rage Monkey's get offended. Problem?
Selinate wrote:

Really? Really should not have. Honestly not being surprised by ****** rage after it happens is one thing but if you saw that comment on the news site 6 years ago harassment is the last thing you would have expected.

But I am sure you will pretend otherwise...
Selinate
#91 - 2012-02-24 00:28:05 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Selinate wrote:

Oh you haven't seen bitching yet. Tell the Internet you have a single child and don't have time for games if you want to see real bitching. Roll

I think it is incredibly stupid and will say so. Even if the Internet Rage Monkey's get offended. Problem?
Selinate wrote:

Really? Really should not have. Honestly not being surprised by ****** rage after it happens is one thing but if you saw that comment on the news site 6 years ago harassment is the last thing you would have expected.

But I am sure you will pretend otherwise...

I really don't care what you think. Reality is reality. Deal with it or don't. The world won't change for your morals.
Alara IonStorm
#92 - 2012-02-24 00:36:59 UTC
Selinate wrote:

I really don't care what you think. Reality is reality. Deal with it or don't. The world won't change for your morals.

Sure it will. World changes for Morales all the time. People don't change but the World does.

A few more entitled Children will froth at the mouth and relieve the Hot Pockets clogging their large intestines into their WoW Underwear while E-Mailing / Phoning Threats and the Law is gonna ***** slap across the face.

The best part is when they do it will come with a whole bunch of newly justified laws that help kill anomitnity.
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#93 - 2012-02-24 00:37:20 UTC
Selinate wrote:
The world won't change for your morals.

Of course it wont but that doesn't absolve the people who did this of being subhuman fucktards with mental problems.
Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
#94 - 2012-02-24 00:41:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Merin Ryskin
Selinate wrote:
On the other hand, if players don't complain loud enough, devs really don't listen. This is especially true with EA, the slimy bastards...

Do you know that there's a difference between constructive criticism, even loud constructive criticism, of a company's decisions and a campaign of harassment and personal attacks directed at a single person in that company (who didn't even have anything to do with many of the issues in question)?

Do you really think that CCP would have listened (to some small degree at least) and given us Crucible and a new direction for EVE if, instead of the mass protests and account cancellations, we had just spammed profanity at a random dev 24/7?

Quote:

The fact that people can expect immature fanboys to be {censored}s does not in any way justify their behavior.
Selinate
#95 - 2012-02-24 00:47:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Selinate
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Selinate wrote:

Sure it will. World changes for Morales all the time. People don't change but the World does.

A few more entitled Children will froth at the mouth and relieve the Hot Pockets clogging their large intestines into their WoW Underwear while E-Mailing / Phoning Threats and the Law is gonna ***** slap across the face.

The best part is when they do it will come with a whole bunch of newly justified laws that help kill anomitnity.

You can try to propose a new law to your congressman. It won't pass for this. Free speech and what not, especially since it's twitter. Again, don't really care what you think, since to me you're on the same level as the people who went after that lady (just another idiot on the internet)
Selinate
#96 - 2012-02-24 00:47:58 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Selinate wrote:
The world won't change for your morals.

Of course it wont but that doesn't absolve the people who did this of being subhuman fucktards with mental problems.

I never said it did.
Selinate
#97 - 2012-02-24 00:49:26 UTC
Merin Ryskin wrote:
Selinate wrote:

Do you know that there's a difference between constructive criticism, even loud constructive criticism, of a company's decisions and a campaign of harassment and personal attacks directed at a single person in that company (who didn't even have anything to do with many of the issues in question)?

Do you really think that CCP would have listened (to some small degree at least) and given us Crucible and a new direction for EVE if, instead of the mass protests and account cancellations, we had just spammed profanity at a random dev 24/7?

Quote:

The fact that people can expect immature fanboys to be {censored}s does not in any way justify their behavior.

Eve has changed before with people posting profanity on the forums before about problems with Eve. It has happened.

And again, apparently you all need a lesson in reading comprehension, I never said it justifies their behavior.
Alara IonStorm
#98 - 2012-02-24 00:56:29 UTC
Selinate wrote:

You can try to propose a new law to your congressman. It won't pass for this. Free speech and what not, especially since it's twitter.

I don't want to kill anonymity but they are already trying to. It won't past now but keep on pushing and watch it happen.
Selinate wrote:

Again, don't really care what you think, since to me you're on the same level as the people who went after that lady (just another idiot on the internet)

That is Ok, I really don't care if you think I am an Idiot. From you it is practically a compliment. I don't go after people and I think I can live well with that fact.
Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
#99 - 2012-02-24 01:02:21 UTC
Selinate wrote:
You can try to propose a new law to your congressman. It won't pass for this. Free speech and what not, especially since it's twitter. Again, don't really care what you think, since to me you're on the same level as the people who went after that lady (just another idiot on the internet)

Hint to the clueless: free speech is not an absolute right. Just like it doesn't cover death threats, shouting "fire!" in a crowded theater, etc, it doesn't cover harassment.

Selinate wrote:
Eve has changed before with people posting profanity on the forums before about problems with Eve. It has happened.

I didn't say profanity, I said profanity against a specific individual. As in, instead of protesting in Jita against CCP's policies, everyone sent the guy who writes the EVE fiction profanity-filled emails 24/7.

Now, I'm sure that people have done things like this before, but good luck finding any times when it was actually the reason CCP changed something (as opposed to the constructive criticism happening simultaneously from more mature people).

Quote:
And again, apparently you all need a lesson in reading comprehension, I never said it justifies their behavior.

No, but you certainly implied it. Just like every other time "she should have expected it" has been used to justify inappropriate behavior and criticize the people who dare to be outraged by it.
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#100 - 2012-02-24 02:23:34 UTC
Selinate wrote:
You can try to propose a new law to your congressman. It won't pass for this. Free speech and what not, especially since it's twitter.

If she made a complaint about UK residents to the authority's here anybody who made any kind of violent threat, death threat, **** threat or offensive comments of a sexual nature or anything "intended to cause distress or intimidation" could end up in serious trouble. They are jailing people in the UK for things like that now.