These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bioware; Angry Gamers Call Her a "Cancer"

First post
Author
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#61 - 2012-02-23 15:12:26 UTC
+1 for making an option that allows the endless copypasted combat sequences in ME to be mostly skippable and having to primarily go just through the storyline
Oh, wait, they have that, don't they ? They have 3 modes of gameplay - action, classic and story. The latter would be the one I'd want after a while, but I'd probably want to start as "classic" first.
I wonder if you can switch between them "on the fly" or not (as in, is it locked from start to finish or changeable at some points).
Either way, I quickly become bored of the fighting in ME games, and that's one of the reasons why I sometimes insano-edit my stuff's stats to become basically one-burst-kill ubercheated weapons and nigh-invulnerable outfits (especially on a second playthrough, but sometimes from the start). I also generally memedit my resources/credits/whatnot even in the first playthrough. Oh, and almost always, lowest combat difficulty is chosen by me from the start (it's just numbers, firepower and hitpoints of enemies anyway almost always, so who cares, me certainly not).
As to why somebody would want to "play" a game like an interactive movie... well, why not ? I quite often find myself watching a youtube playthrough of some game (skipping the parts I find myself bored with), and that's not even an interactive experience, but predetermined by what the one recording it has chosen. There is CERTAINLY quite a bit of appeal in scripted quick-resolving combat/action sequences in story-heavy games like those in the ME series.

TL;DR - the chick everybody's "hatin' on" is kind of right, and the whiners are just that.
I and probably quite a few others do not have the time to go through each and every combat sequence (or god forbid, have to redo one), but still want to see how the story goes.
As long as the OPTIONS to do either exist, I see no problem.
Selinate
#62 - 2012-02-23 15:26:19 UTC
Bioware = EA, ergo Bioware is fail.

Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#63 - 2012-02-23 15:54:00 UTC
2bhammered wrote:

Hey, I just made this thread, I do not partake in trolling her twitter or 4chan etc.

Also it is not my job. But I can promise you this, if I made comment like her on behalf of my company I would get fired. I try to avoid talking about ***** and start confrontation on my job related twitter accounts.

And for what reason did you make this thread other than to belch out more BS? And it sounds like the company you work for has some pretty decent policies and I think you should follow them at all times.

2bhammered wrote:

I did not ask for sense or for your to explain your crazy rationale, I asked for you to write your posts in a way that they can be understood.

No, but I am asking you to explain the rationale behind these vicious personal attacks on Hepler. What part of that is so difficult for you to grasp?

2bhammered wrote:
I have read one of your replies 3 times and I have no idea what you are saying. Taken in context it is not understandable to me.

Alpheias wrote:
Yeah, I am pretty jealous in fact, knowing that you have all twilight romances with George Lucas dialogues and hentai in the world whereas I have none.

What does this mean? What are you trying to say?

There is this thing called 'sarcasm'. Feel free to google it, I can wait.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Kattshiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-02-23 16:27:46 UTC
This is defiantly a first world problem.

"Damn it! I just washed my BMW!"

These kinda things are often not worth the calories burned.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#65 - 2012-02-23 16:43:41 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Alpheias wrote:

1.And for what reason did you make this thread other than to belch out more BS? And it sounds like the company you work for has some pretty decent policies and I think you should follow them at all times.

2.No, but I am asking you to explain the rationale behind these vicious personal attacks on Hepler. What part of that is so difficult for you to grasp?

3.There is this thing called 'sarcasm'. Feel free to google it, I can wait.

1. I don't get drunk and naked and have sex on facebook either. You do not seem able to understand the point I was making, that or you will just argue with me to the end of times for the sake of defending a corporate entityRoll

2. Rationale behind "attacks" on Hepler are several and explained in great detail all over this thread, especially my links in OP and more are easy to find using something called Google if you require further explanation. I think most people have no problem in understanding the rationale behind it other than you. You seem to misunderstand several words and phrases however, I suggest you look up their definition.

3. Sarcasm? Ok let's apply sarcasm to context and what you said... translating...111222211112222-

Alpheias wrote:
"I am not jealous that you have twilight romances with star wars dialogue and hentai in your world even though you said that you feel sorry for me having that and I have plenty of twilight romances with George Lucas dialogue with hentai in my world"

WTF? That made no sense at all Lol
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#66 - 2012-02-23 17:08:24 UTC
For one shining moment there appeared to be an actual intellectual conversation persisting in this thread, between pages 2 and 3. Can you guys see it? Unfortunately 2b returned and we've returned to tit for tat's and Forrest Gump lines. It's like bringing the autistic child who ***** herself and beats her head in the ground to a game of Jenga.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#67 - 2012-02-23 17:22:35 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
For one shining moment there appeared to be an actual intellectual conversation persisting in this thread, between pages 2 and 3. Can you guys see it? Unfortunately 2b returned and we've returned to tit for tat's and Forrest Gump lines. It's like bringing the autistic child who ***** herself and beats her head in the ground to a game of Jenga.

I welcome anyone to look for that shining moment. I however cannot find it, all I can find is mostly autistic children with a poor understanding of English asking of me to leave Britney alone or else'

By the way, "I think I ruined your roommate's bathrobe."P
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#68 - 2012-02-23 17:29:14 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

I welcome anyone to look for that shining moment. I however cannot find it

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#69 - 2012-02-23 17:43:17 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

I welcome anyone to look for that shining moment. I however cannot find it, all I can find is mostly autistic children with a poor understanding of English asking of me to leave Britney alone or else'

By the way, "I think I ruined your roommate's bathrobe.

Remember what I told you, Forrest. You're no different than anybody else is. Did you hear what I said, Forrest? You're the same as everybody else. You are no different.Cool
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#70 - 2012-02-23 17:46:24 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

I welcome anyone to look for that shining moment. I however cannot find it

Remember what I told you, Forrest. You're no different than anybody else is. Did you hear what I said, Forrest? You're the same as everybody else. You are no different.Cool

That's right, dance little puppet, dance. Show the world your magical motions on strings.

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#71 - 2012-02-23 18:00:48 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

By the way, "I think I ruined your roommate's bathrobe.

That's right, dance little puppet, dance. Show the world your magical motions on strings.

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#72 - 2012-02-23 18:05:37 UTC
2bhammered wrote:

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Do a little skip. Do a little hop. Gonna have you jump through this hoop lined with paper fire.

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#73 - 2012-02-23 18:20:06 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:

Do a little skip. Do a little hop. Gonna have you jump through this hoop lined with paper fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4indfogkU
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#74 - 2012-02-23 18:28:24 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:

Good show chap! Now lets have you do a little curtsey.

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#75 - 2012-02-23 18:35:40 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
2bhammered wrote:

Good show chap! Now lets have you do a little curtsey.

http://youtu.be/kHmvkRoEowc?t=1m11s
Overseer Aliena
Lord of Wars
#76 - 2012-02-23 19:02:47 UTC
You guys are mean. It's obvious that this little guy got lost from his world of warcraft herd and here you are picking on him. He can't help being below the average intelligence, it's how they are bred.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#77 - 2012-02-23 19:10:06 UTC
Overseer Aliena wrote:
You guys are mean. It's obvious that this little guy got lost from his world of warcraft herd and here you are picking on him. He can't help being below the average intelligence, it's how they are bred.

Hepler is a woman, I know, hard to believe but it is the truth Blink
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#78 - 2012-02-23 19:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Alpheias wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Alpheias wrote:
2bhammered wrote:

What parts of the story she worked on? Well the video I linked in my reply to you describe one part she worked on, romance.

I see now why you and so many others are so upset, you want the romance to be more interactive.

Perhaps you should try those Japanese dating games instead, but in my country they are defined as kiddie **** so do it at your own risk.

Lol

Great, so either I go with twilight level of romances with George Lucas dialogue or hentai? I feel sorry for you!Ugh

BTW what country is that? I am curious!

Yeah, I am pretty jealous in fact, knowing that you have all twilight romances with George Lucas dialogues and hentai in the world whereas I have none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03DjPeHDF48
Overseer Aliena
Lord of Wars
#79 - 2012-02-23 19:17:51 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Overseer Aliena wrote:

It's ok little guy, I heard that big bad Star War's game disoriented a lot of the herds. We'll get you back in the fold. Here, have a little something to snack on.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#80 - 2012-02-23 19:49:52 UTC
Overseer Aliena wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Overseer Aliena wrote:

It's ok little guy, I heard that big bad Star War's game disoriented a lot of the herds. We'll get you back in the fold. Here, have a little something to snack on.

http://youtu.be/Y4-X0WUNN_g

I managed to get on a lifeboatP