These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Will the next expansion be as good as Apocrapha?

Author
Sofia Bellard
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-09-20 22:50:24 UTC
I was wondering in the next expansion bring as much content, fun and fixes as Apocrapha did?

Poor sad little pirates,  why you so mad?

Dradius Calvantia
Wolfbane ltd
#2 - 2011-09-20 22:51:20 UTC
One can only hope...
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#3 - 2011-09-20 22:52:07 UTC
Apochribba was pretty good indeed.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Mehrdad Kor-Azor
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-09-20 23:06:52 UTC
As long as it's both fixing messed up stuff and adding new content (as in T2 Harbingers and NOT a closet) then I'll be very happy with it. If either gets ignored then I'll be a tad cranky.
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#5 - 2011-09-20 23:13:12 UTC  |  Edited by: IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:
As long as it's both fixing messed up stuff and adding new content (as in T2 Harbingers and NOT a closet) then I'll be very happy with it. If either gets ignored then I'll be a tad cranky.

Why do people always suggest new ships that don't have a role when we already have ships that are underused anyway?

It won't match apocrypha which gave us a whole new type of exploration, 2500 new systems, a whole new type of ships and much more. I hope it'll be more of a fixing expansion rather than a new content one.

What I hope it'll fix is:

FW
SCs
Hybrids
Angel ships
Ship spinning
Incarna client massive system resource use.
EAF
Black Ops
Dreads

Then some new content once all thats done.
GodsVervloek
The Looney Bin
Clouds Of War
#6 - 2011-09-20 23:14:43 UTC
I seriously doubt it, CCP doesn't have nearly enough time or resources to code a whole (Apocrypha quality) expansion in such a short time.
Mehrdad Kor-Azor
Doomheim
#7 - 2011-09-20 23:15:12 UTC
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:

Why do people always suggest new ships that don't have a role when we already have ships that are underused anyway?

It won't match apocrypha which gave us a whole new type of exploration, 2500 new systems, a whole new type of ships and much more. I hope it'll be more of a fixing expansion rather than a new content one.

FW
SCs
Hybrids
Angel ships
Ship spinning
EAF
Black Ops

Well yeah, of course fixing things come first.

But, come on, T2 Harbingers, Canes, Drakes and Myrms would be awesome, right?
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#8 - 2011-09-20 23:16:12 UTC
World of Warcraft.
WORLD OF EVE.
World of Darkness.

See a pattern?

AFKCloaked AltSpy
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-09-20 23:20:36 UTC
Do an Eve-search for it and find out how bad people said it was. Do a Dominion search and see how bad people said Apocrypha was.

CCP directly said they would not EVER release another expansion like that again, so ALL of the haters can hate it before it even comes out. Win/Win.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#10 - 2011-09-20 23:24:55 UTC
Miilla wrote:
World of Warcraft.
WORLD OF EVE.
World of Darkness.

See a pattern?
They're in reverse chronological order?
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#11 - 2011-09-20 23:25:10 UTC
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:

FW
SCs
Hybrids
Angel ships
Ship spinning
EAF
Black Ops

No doubt they'd be awesome, but I don't see the role, I'd rather one of the existing command ships was given an new model, e.g. the Eos gets a Myrm hull and the nighthawk gets a drake hull seen as they are similar ships.

The Tech 1, teir 1 BCs are already woefully inept (possibly bar the cyclone) and I'd suggest they get a look before new BCs are added. I honestly can't think of a role a new BC sized ship could fill in eve today, I suppose a heavy recon is a possibility to be used with RR gangs, no cloak, more buffer, but I think even that would risk making the existing recons a bit obsolete.

Don't get me wrong I love new ships, but a new ship without a role is a waste of time, this is why I really dislike people suggesting new capital ships when dreads are already underused.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#12 - 2011-09-20 23:33:51 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:

FW
SCs
Hybrids
Angel ships
Ship spinning
EAF
Black Ops

No doubt they'd be awesome, but I don't see the role, I'd rather one of the existing command ships was given an new model, e.g. the Eos gets a Myrm hull and the nighthawk gets a drake hull seen as they are similar ships.

The Tech 1, teir 1 BCs are already woefully inept (possibly bar the cyclone) and I'd suggest they get a look before new BCs are added. I honestly can't think of a role a new BC sized ship could fill in eve today, I suppose a heavy recon is a possibility to be used with RR gangs, no cloak, more buffer, but I think even that would risk making the existing recons a bit obsolete.

Don't get me wrong I love new ships, but a new ship without a role is a waste of time, this is why I really dislike people suggesting new capital ships when dreads are already underused.

Wasn't the Noctis a BC sized hull? P
It has a role too.
Oh wait, you guys are talking about actual "bang pow fighting" ships.

(bang pow fighting is code for pvp)
The Apostle
Doomheim
#13 - 2011-09-20 23:33:58 UTC
Quote:
World of Warcraft.
WORLD OF EVE.
World of Darkness.

See a pattern?

WORLD OF EVE???

it might be for people that sit in station all day scamming people. For the rest of us, it's EVE UNIVERSE.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#14 - 2011-09-20 23:35:33 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:
World of Warcraft.
WORLD OF EVE.
World of Darkness.

See a pattern?

WORLD OF EVE???

it might be for people that sit in station all day scamming people. For the rest of us, it's EVE UNIVERSE.

Eve Universe is just a SIDE GAME to Incarna.