These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

question yes or no would you like to get a notification if you were quoted?

Author
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#1 - 2012-02-21 23:52:15 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
if i could toggle it then yes... i kinda would like to get a notification for quotes when i dont follow a specific thread but have posted in it...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#2 - 2012-02-21 23:54:19 UTC  |  Edited by: rodyas
She will call when she wants to, just give her a break to help her feel free enough. It will propably come soon.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#3 - 2012-02-21 23:54:59 UTC
I dont think I get any more notice being quoted than getting a +1 but since a quote bumps the thread I guess it increases exposure.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Ai Shun
#4 - 2012-02-21 23:55:05 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
if i could toggle it then yes... i kinda would like to get a notice for quotes when i dont follow a specific thread but have posted in it...

That would be useful; especially if there are several threads where you are having a conversation with a specific individual.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#5 - 2012-02-21 23:56:09 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:

That would be useful; especially if there are several threads where you are having a conversation with a specific individual.

this.

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-02-21 23:57:58 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
if i could toggle it then yes... i kinda would like to get a notice for quotes when i dont follow a specific thread but have posted in it...

Theres a checkbox at the bottom of a posting that asks wether you want to receive notifications.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#7 - 2012-02-21 23:59:45 UTC
yeah but that is for any new posts in the thread... this would hyperlink right to the post where you were quoted...

Ai Shun
#8 - 2012-02-22 00:02:47 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Theres a checkbox at the bottom of a posting that asks wether you want to receive notifications.

Have you ever been in a situation where you are having a relatively interesting discussion with a specific player or group of players in a thread that is filled with a large volume of noise?

I think this idea is intended to help you filter out the dross and focus on what is of interest.
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-02-22 00:09:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpy Owly
Ai Shun wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:

Have you ever been in a situation where you are having a relatively interesting discussion with a specific player or group of players in a thread that is filled with a large volume of noise?

I think this idea is intended to help you filter out the dross and focus on what is of interest.

I can see the faclity it would provide, yes.

But i've never personally had a problem following threads of interest as required, especially when I want to see the whole picture of debate as opposed to simply playing "tennis" with a poster who wishes to "take issue" with a point you made.

Not opposed to the feature if you think it will help however, assuming it can be made optional (perhaps a profile and/or specific post toggle?).
Ai Shun
#10 - 2012-02-22 00:54:03 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
I can see the faclity it would provide, yes.

But i've never personally had a problem following threads of interest as required, especially when I want to see the whole picture of debate as opposed to simply playing "tennis" with a poster who wishes to "take issue" with a point you made.

Not opposed to the feature if you think it will help however, assuming it can be made optional (perhaps a profile and/or specific post toggle?).

I agree about the full picture; there is value in seeing what others are saying. But let's be honest, if we look at the debate on the Mittani and the CSM last night the discussion was mostly meaningless. (I contributed to that Sad)

Perhaps this is best implemented as part of a search option?

E.g. Find all posts in this thread where I am quoted or the poster is Bob. That way it is pull; so entirely opt-in and you can specify broader criteria. But then, I love searches.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-02-22 01:41:06 UTC
Forum warrior "Must" feature Cool
Cylide Askald
Flying Squirrel Task Force
Guardian Society
#12 - 2012-02-22 01:47:28 UTC
As an attention wh0re I'd fully endorse this product and/or service.

-

Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-02-22 01:54:02 UTC
Nah...I don't feel I'm important enough to worry about that. If someone does quote me...cool.
"If."
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#14 - 2012-02-22 17:28:09 UTC
so... anyone else feel as narcissistic as me?

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-02-22 23:57:17 UTC
There should be notification when troll enters the thread

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Jenshae Chiroptera
#16 - 2012-02-23 00:01:00 UTC
I would like it to make a hash link to the post being quoted automatically and on number of replies to thread you can get a list of posters. Their number of posts in that thread links to a search of all their posts in that thread.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Aldous Sancros
Fidelis Limited
#17 - 2012-02-23 01:32:01 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
[quote=Grumpy Owly]

Which means, roughly 85% of the Eve forums will then go unnoticed. Conservatively.
Serene Repose
#18 - 2012-02-23 02:24:39 UTC
I wouldn't want to crash the server.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.