These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

INCARNA confirmed as a PROTOTYPE

First post First post
Author
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#41 - 2011-09-20 17:57:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mendolus
Kitty McKitty wrote:
You don't remember torfi's actions in the past then. This wouldn't be the first time promises have been broken, hence holding my breath for the changes.

This isn't the kind promise that CCP can break by this point, IMO. Their past history on individual issues is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

This is not the kind of issue they could promise us at this point in time and not deliver on, IMO.

...clearly the Ishukone Watch Scorpion is the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse, i.e. the Brown Rider, otherwise known as Poopie.

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#42 - 2011-09-20 18:41:03 UTC
It still wouldn't surprise me, but I agree it would be a disaster for them.

Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children ♥

Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#43 - 2011-09-20 18:56:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Mendolus
Yea, it would be colossal, and I was never really partial on whether they ever brought ship spinning back to begin with personally, but now that they have made fairly tangible promises, I too would be sorely disappointed if we did not actually see this implemented as they are telling us it will be, i.e. being able to choose whether we decant or not.

I will choose to not decant by default personally as Incarna is nice and all... relatively speaking, but I've always been more interested in the spaceships in this space opera of ours, the fact that CCP wants to make it a full fledge science fiction masterpiece is nice and all, but I can go rent a movie for that, so here in game, I would prefer to undock in ever more fascinating ships into every more fascinating and evolving game mechanics and starry backdrops, in space.

But, that's just me Lol who knows... maybe pink panties will be introduced at some point... I certainly wouldn't complain if they released them to the NEX store and female avatars walking around in bars suddenly started sporting them, ...

Twisted

...clearly the Ishukone Watch Scorpion is the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse, i.e. the Brown Rider, otherwise known as Poopie.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#44 - 2011-09-20 19:00:11 UTC
Miilla wrote:
CCP is too busy back-peddling on Incarna right now. If you want to truth about Eve, read the press, not what CCP says.

1) Devs/GM's posting frantically in the fourms to appear "visible" and caring.
2) Incarna is now classed as a "side game" instead of the future of Eve.
3) Free AUR
4) Ship spinning returning
5) Capitans closet is now "OPTIONAL".

I have never seen so much back peddling in my lfie.

More to the point I think is that all of the points you made your reputation on as EVE biggest troll are being resolved... leaving you with little to scream about other than the amusing "how DARE they backpeddle and fix all those things that I said needed fixing"...

Your attention grabs are drifting from mildly amusing to transparently pathetic.

Do yourself a favor, just stop until you get some plausible material.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#45 - 2011-09-20 19:06:24 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
Did anyone forget to read the part about

Lots of blood and gore?

nudity.

and the ability to stab each other in the back?

HOW DO WE KNOW that this wont come to eve online.

Sounds just like eve tbh. The only reason we dont see blood and gore is because we vaporise the squishy stuffTwisted
TriadSte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2011-09-20 19:08:46 UTC
I dont so much mind that CCP are using Eve as a test bed, means we get to see stuff first right?

What does bother me though is the very thought of CCP literally stopping all manner of development on Eve and just keeping the servers up to cream in the cash. Then obviously going onto new and existing projects full time.

Eve has the scope to be the most epic MMO for a very long time, It's possible that Eve could still be here in 100 years time if done properly. The developers and people who matter within CCP should be 100% passionate about this game as it's CCPs baby.

Why would you throw away something that was hard to make happen?

Please CCP I ask you to continue with Eve with as much passion and hunger for perfection as when you first began its production.
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#47 - 2011-09-20 19:09:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Mendolus
baltec1 wrote:

Sounds just like eve tbh. The only reason we dont see blood and gore is because we vaporise the squishy stuffTwisted

I miss the nude skin pack you could get for the first Unreal Tournament, good times! Lol

TriadSte wrote:

Eve has the scope to be the most epic MMO for a very long time, It's possible that Eve could still be here in 100 years time if done properly.

Erm, you may or may not be using some hyperbole here, but at best I would give it another 5-10 years personally.
Even if they could prolong the life cycle of the game beyond that, in all likelihood their focus would inevitably shift to another project at some point, though I am doubtful it will be WoD, who knows.

I highly highly doubt that EVE will be their core project for more than twenty years, if anything, they would redevelop it from the ground up at some point.

Projects like these inevitably get too big to maintain continually over time once you add enough overhead to them, and without the fairly limitless resources of company's like say Blizzard for instance, the likelihood that CCP will be able to simply add expansion after expansion for even more than ten years from present is highly unlikely, esp. if the subscription rates remain relatively small in the grand scheme of things, i.e. under half a million subscribers.

Eventually the game itself and the overhead will no longer be supported by the cost structure that the subscriber base provides for it, hence why we are possibly seeing the first rumblings of MT and non-vanity items in our precious space opera.

CCP already said it in not so many words, they wanted to provide us with a ton of new clothing and amazing variety, but they just could not justify the expense and time it would require of the art teams, so instead they are giving us some NEX items, and if we seem interested enough in making use of the NEX, they will then fund that revenue into the art projects and pump out even more materials, ... possibly at lower prices, I would hope...

Anyways, business acumen, it's not for everyone!

Separating business and pleasure, not something the average gamer seems capable of, which is either a good thing, or a very very bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#48 - 2011-09-20 22:35:10 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Kitty McKitty wrote:

Proof that we are being treated as test puppets and that CCP are happy with this situation.

a) Duh. I think everyone has figured that out by now.

b) The source you linked is a bit fuzzy and hasn't been confirmed. While it is most likely an accurate and intentional statement, there's enough ambiguity in regards to the source and the context that you cannot treat it as "proof" of anything.

tl;dr - You're a day late and a dollar short of making a point. That job at foxnews.com will have to wait.

Lots of people were denying incarna was basically an alpha for WOD.

It's interesting that you claim you already knew this but still question the credibility of the source. Why question the source if you "everyone" already knew the claim was true?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#49 - 2011-09-20 22:40:20 UTC
NEWS FLASH

FIS engine was and is a prototype.

So we all have been testing it for years now.
Vardec Crom
The Harpooner's Rest
#50 - 2011-09-20 22:44:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Vardec Crom
baltec1 wrote:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dRpLXZyvE2M/TljniQMzsZI/AAAAAAAAAEA/HkL6Ydt-0Eo/s1600/5_1+%25282%2529.png

If I was a mod I would ban you for image macros. Go back to 4chan ******.
Triggadex
Absolute Order
Absolute Honor
#51 - 2011-09-20 22:56:41 UTC
Old news, hints why developers make engines and frameworks. <3 Carbon Framework.

CCP Guard's Day | Wake up --- Make Coffee --- Read and Reply on forums for 7 hrs --- Have meeting --- Sleep on couch in Office

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#52 - 2011-09-20 22:58:56 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
I'm a little bit shocked...

Let me gather my senses.

You're telling me that a little room with a couch and a nice view of my ship is a Prototype?!?!

*breaths*

I am not amused!!

*anger raising*

How could this happen?!?!
The first time this has made its way in to Eve Online and they dare to have some kind of prototype of one room for me to stand in while they work on the rest and get everything working smoothly?!?!

Eve is nothing like the game Prototype.. I don't know what you guys are talking about...
Eve isn't in New york, is it??
Prototype is a nice game.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#53 - 2011-09-20 23:01:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
EVE is DYING! I tell ya!

END IS NIGH!!!

NIGH! NIGH!

BRB in 10 years while I repent all my ingame sins

I cannot help but notice the lack of BLUE on this thread.
Xiozor
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#54 - 2011-09-20 23:34:57 UTC
Miilla wrote:

CCP! I am very angry about Incarna and how you took steps which went against the best wishes of the playerbase, and now that you have shown that you are listening to our feedback, you are becoming more visible in the community and the change in focus from Incarna back to the features you promised which we have been campaigning for, I am even more angry because you are 'backpedding' (?!) and giving me far less to complain about.

Some people just love to ***** huh?
Trolls Troll
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2011-09-20 23:35:18 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:

Who.

Cares?

Seriously. Why do people give such a damn about this? It's not even a big deal. So EvE is the proving ground for advanced tech that is going to be used in another MMO? So what? It is helping to improve EvE in the long run irrigardless of your opinions regarding Incarna and WiS. Whatever advanced techniques they use with WoD I am sure will be put into EvE. It only serves to make EvE better and make CCP more money leading to better stuff for everybody later.

You don't like WiS? DON'T USE IT! Nobody is forcing you to load the station environment right now.

You people ***** too much.

I should make that my signature.

you sound like you care, quite a bit I would judge from the length and tone of your post.

Umad?
Zombatar
Vectors of Virtue
#56 - 2011-09-20 23:45:32 UTC
Miilla wrote:
CCP is too busy back-peddling on Incarna right now. If you want to truth about Eve, read the press, not what CCP says.

1) Devs/GM's posting frantically in the fourms to appear "visible" and caring.
2) Incarna is now classed as a "side game" instead of the future of Eve.
3) Free AUR
4) Ship spinning returning
5) Capitans closet is now "OPTIONAL".

I have never seen so much back peddling in my lfie.

I think such items should be taken for granted pre and post Incarna. No idea where/when CCP lost them. Them being any other way is a blasphemy in EVE.
Zombatar
Vectors of Virtue
#57 - 2011-09-20 23:47:01 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
Did anyone forget to read the part about

Lots of blood and gore?

nudity.

and the ability to stab each other in the back?

HOW DO WE KNOW that this wont come to eve online.

Before that happenes our GPUs will explode -> see here. lol :D
Cunane Jeran
#58 - 2011-09-20 23:50:21 UTC
This is truly new and exciting and entirely unexpected.

Please OP tell me moar.
Misty Fricknine
#59 - 2011-09-20 23:51:42 UTC
Posting in a butthurt rant thread about how the game is "over" & no-one should be playing it.

Jerry Pepridge, Doesn't have an iPhone Either.

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#60 - 2011-09-21 00:00:08 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:
we are being treated as test puppets and that CCP are happy with this situation

And the "Duh!" award goes to... *drumroll* ... Kitty McKitty, for her Captain Obvious impersonation !
Oh, and welcome to a few years ago.

Ever since CCP merged with WW and announced WoD will be using Ambulation/WiS/Incarna as a test bed for technology (the tech would have been developed anyway, so might as well get something marginally useful for EVE out of it too while you're at it), we knew that that was going to happen, to some degree anyway.

So, what exactly makes it news ONLY now ?
The fact that some didn't expect it to be so underwhelming in its first couple of published iterations ?
Or maybe that early versions are unoptimized, buggy POS ?
And it's obvious CCP are content with using us as unpaid beta testers, why exactly wouldn't they be ?