These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

INCARNA confirmed as a PROTOTYPE

First post First post
Author
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#21 - 2011-09-20 17:15:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Mendolus
White Tree wrote:
Kitty McKitty wrote:
CCP apologists

I literally hate it when people say this.

List of peoples/groups that have apologists:

Conductors of Genocide,

Conductors of Ethnic Cleansings,

Conductors of Racially motivated violence,

Conductores of Culturally motivated violence,

CCP Games.

You seriously have no idea how unrelentingly stupid you look when you say this. Don't do it.

Exactly, the unfortunate side effect of the internet age is that you have a lot of younger generations that think because knowledge or at least information is readily at their fingertips day and night, that it makes them experts or people who are wise to the world.

In reality, most of those same people have never really experienced true adversity, to know how silly they sound when they attribute catch phrases and terminology to things in their day to day lives.

CCP has subscribers, period.

A very slim margin of those subscribers will unerringly remain faithful in every action CCP ever takes.
A very slim margin of those subscribers will unerringly remain skeptical of every action CCP ever takes.

And the vast majority of us, myself included, will look at each action CCP takes, not only in and of itself as a singular action, but also as a trend, pattern, or evidence of behavior, and intent, and decide on our own, what does or does not warrant either our faith or skepticism, from one issue to the next, without ever so blanketing the entirety of CCP with either absolute faith or skepticism at any one point in time.

i.e. there are a lot more subscribers that realize CCP both does right and wrong than there is a vocal and extreme minority that not only come here to these forums, but then trumpet one extreme viewpoint or another, either in favor of or against CCP, and lately it seems, the latter is almost universally present here.

I happen to be very disillusioned with the Dominion expansion, still to this very day, two years later.
On the other hand, I am mostly unconcerned with the Incarna expansion, lest it continue to plug away at resources that could be used to address what Dominion did to the part of the game I love.

Hence, my only real concern is, get this WiS stuff done with CCP, and get back to fixing the mess you made with Dominion!

It seems, someone at CCP has already gotten this message though, so I am hopeful that it will be time to rejoice when the Winter Expansion is released.

Hopeful, not nearly convinced, and quite possibly skeptical at best, but still... hopeful.

...clearly the Ishukone Watch Scorpion is the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse, i.e. the Brown Rider, otherwise known as Poopie.

Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-09-20 17:18:08 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:
From a WoD press release the following statement was made

Quote:
Incarna is actually considered a prototype, the rendering engine that will ship with the MMO will be much more advanced.

Proof that we are being treated as test puppets and that CCP are happy with this situation.

Source

Proof that it's a prototype, and that CCP has good business sense.

Anything else is foolish conjecture.
Oberine Noriepa
#23 - 2011-09-20 17:19:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
Game developer releases updates for their own tech. SHOCKER!

Are you new to the world or something? It's not like EVE's version of Carbon is going to be left in the dust. Look at some of the recent devblogs. Being a newly developed engine, of course it's going to receive updates.

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#24 - 2011-09-20 17:20:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
Dorian Wylde wrote:
Kitty McKitty wrote:

Quote:
Incarna is actually considered a prototype, the rendering engine that will ship with the MMO will be much more advanced.

Proof that we are being treated as test puppets and that CCP are happy with this situation.

Source

Proof that it's a prototype, and that CCP has good business sense.

Anything else is foolish conjecture.

Proof that CCP lied to their own Eve customers.

Every time we stated Eve was being used as a Test bed for Carbon etc etc, we got push back clearly stating it is NOT a prototype testing.
Indeterminacy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2011-09-20 17:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Indeterminacy
Kitty McKitty wrote:

Quote:

Source

Do you mean to say that if CCP gave you *more* and *better* incarna content you'd be happy? lol
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#26 - 2011-09-20 17:22:29 UTC
Miilla wrote:

Every time we stated Eve was being used as a Test bed for Carbon etc etc, we got push back clearly stating it is NOT a prototype testing.

Same as how they tested everything else in this game on us including the server technology.
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#27 - 2011-09-20 17:23:05 UTC
Indeterminacy wrote:
Kitty McKitty wrote:

Quote:

Source

Do you mean to say that if CCP gave you *more* and *better* incarna content you'd be happy? lol

They don't know what they are saying, they just want something to inflate their sense of ego and importance, that's the only point they ever make.

In the immortal words of Bart Simpson, "I am so great! I am so great! I am so great! /bangs on pots and pans"

...clearly the Ishukone Watch Scorpion is the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse, i.e. the Brown Rider, otherwise known as Poopie.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2011-09-20 17:24:30 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:

Quote:

Source

Who.

Cares?

Seriously. Why do people give such a damn about this? It's not even a big deal. So EvE is the proving ground for advanced tech that is going to be used in another MMO? So what? It is helping to improve EvE in the long run irrigardless of your opinions regarding Incarna and WiS. Whatever advanced techniques they use with WoD I am sure will be put into EvE. It only serves to make EvE better and make CCP more money leading to better stuff for everybody later.

You don't like WiS? DON'T USE IT! Nobody is forcing you to load the station environment right now.

You people ***** too much.

I should make that my signature.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#29 - 2011-09-20 17:25:06 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Miilla wrote:

Same as how they tested everything else in this game on us including the server technology.

Where do you think they are going to run WoD? lol, another million dollar server? WoD will have MORE customers than Eve ever will.

Given that eve requires LESS server resources now (less players), and the fact they are making the server code hot and dynamic loadable across nodes, WoD, Eve, and Dust will all be on the cluster, sure they can expand it but it is all going to live on the cluster.

Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#30 - 2011-09-20 17:25:59 UTC
CCP didn't have to admit it to be true

We have all known for some time now that EVE is being used as a testing ground for WoD and CQ is just a room they can put an item shop into

Can we either quit or just get over it?? ship spinning is coming back!!

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#31 - 2011-09-20 17:25:59 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Kitty McKitty wrote:

Quote:

Source

You don't like WiS? DON'T USE IT! Nobody is forcing you to load the station environment right now.

Right now, yes.. wait until Winter patch :)

Enjoy listening to your fans.

It's about the only fans you or CCP has.
Chaos Incarnate
Faceless Logistics
#32 - 2011-09-20 17:30:56 UTC
Miilla wrote:

Did they? Please share your sources, i desire to see this statement you speak of
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#33 - 2011-09-20 17:30:59 UTC
Miilla wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Kitty McKitty wrote:

Quote:

Source

Right now, yes.. wait until Winter patch :)

Enjoy listening to your fans.

It's about the only fans you or CCP has.

The developer blog already stated we'll have the option in the future of decanting or not (i.e. ship spinning or CQ), and the server will remember our choice for each time we dock at a station from then on... way to be grossly misinformed.

Lol

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#34 - 2011-09-20 17:35:59 UTC
Way to watch what they do and not what they say. I'm holding out for those fixes to appear in game before I get excited about them.

Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children ♥

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#35 - 2011-09-20 17:41:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
CCP is too busy back-peddling on Incarna right now. If you want to truth about Eve, read the press, not what CCP says.

1) Devs/GM's posting frantically in the fourms to appear "visible" and caring.
2) Incarna is now classed as a "side game" instead of the future of Eve.
3) Free AUR
4) Ship spinning returning
5) Capitans closet is now "OPTIONAL".

I have never seen so much back peddling in my lfie.
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#36 - 2011-09-20 17:48:49 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:
Way to watch what they do and not what they say. I'm holding out for those fixes to appear in game before I get excited about them.

That is of course entirely up to your discretion, and rightly so.

However, what are the chances that CCP would allow a dev to post that these features are being implemented, and then not actually implement them, given the already tenuous situation they face at a marketing level with their subscriber publicity, and public sentiment on their integrity at stake?

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#37 - 2011-09-20 17:50:58 UTC
You don't remember torfi's actions in the past then. This wouldn't be the first time promises have been broken, hence holding my breath for the changes.

Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children ♥

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#38 - 2011-09-20 17:52:05 UTC
Miilla wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Miilla wrote:

Where do you think they are going to run WoD? lol, another million dollar server? WoD will have MORE customers than Eve ever will.

Given that eve requires LESS server resources now (less players), and the fact they are making the server code hot and dynamic loadable across nodes, WoD, Eve, and Dust will all be on the cluster, sure they can expand it but it is all going to live on the cluster.

I suppose you have something to back up these outrageous claims
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#39 - 2011-09-20 17:56:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Mendolus
Miilla wrote:
CCP is too busy back-peddling on Incarna right now. If you want to truth about Eve, read the press, not what CCP says.

1) Devs/GM's posting frantically in the fourms to appear "visible" and caring.
2) Incarna is now classed as a "side game" instead of the future of Eve.
3) Free AUR
4) Ship spinning returning
5) Capitans closet is now "OPTIONAL".

I have never seen so much back peddling in my lfie.

Fear Mongering 101

Lesson 1: If the sky is falling, the gods must surely be angry at us for [insert something you want to gain here].
Lesson 2: If the plebs disagree with your oration, remind them the sky is falling, and only [insert something you want them to do here] will save them.
Lesson 3: The gods are always angry, every misfortune that ever occurs, is because... the gods are angry.
Lesson 4: Lessons 1 through 3 are the only lessons you ever need to sow fear and paranoia among the masses in order to profit from their excitability.

i.e. on topic, at least directly... so every post, unequivocally every post a dev or GM makes on these forums, is without any doubt an attempt to appear caring, and in fact, every single dev and GM employed by CCP, does not care one iota about any of us, whatsoever, by your account?

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#40 - 2011-09-20 17:56:55 UTC
Did anyone forget to read the part about

Lots of blood and gore?

nudity.

and the ability to stab each other in the back?

HOW DO WE KNOW that this wont come to eve online.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.