These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

INCARNA confirmed as a PROTOTYPE

First post First post
Author
Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#1 - 2011-09-20 16:03:08 UTC
From a WoD press release the following statement was made

Quote:
Incarna is actually considered a prototype, the rendering engine that will ship with the MMO will be much more advanced.

Proof that we are being treated as test puppets and that CCP are happy with this situation.

Source

Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children ♥

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2011-09-20 16:05:24 UTC
Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#3 - 2011-09-20 16:06:42 UTC
Thank you for caring enough to find and link an image into a thread you care about.

Jack bubu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-09-20 16:12:05 UTC
welcome to 12 months ago.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2011-09-20 16:14:29 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Kitty McKitty wrote:
Thank you for caring enough to find and link an image into a thread you care about.

Your welcome.
Chaos Incarnate
Faceless Logistics
#6 - 2011-09-20 16:15:25 UTC
I am offended about this confirmation of a thing i already knew

or something
Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#7 - 2011-09-20 16:22:28 UTC
Chaos Incarnate wrote:
I am offended about this confirmation of a thing i already knew

or something

Your face, it matches your response perfectly Lol

Slade
Mekhana
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-09-20 16:27:04 UTC
As long I'm gettting my ship spinning back they can do whatever they want to this game.

I'm going crazy in here counting the days.

Vide longe er eros di Luminaire VII, uni canse pra krage e determiniex! Sange por Sange! Descanse bravex eros, mie freires. Mortir por vostre Liberete, farmilie, ide e amis. lons Proviste sen mort! Luminaire liber mas! 

Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#9 - 2011-09-20 16:33:52 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:
From a WoD press release the following statement was made

Quote:
Incarna is actually considered a prototype, the rendering engine that will ship with the MMO will be much more advanced.

Proof that we are being treated as test puppets and that CCP are happy with this situation.

Source

Welcome to the way research and development has worked for thousands of years, which is obviously longer than you have been around or are capable of understanding.

Cool

...clearly the Ishukone Watch Scorpion is the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse, i.e. the Brown Rider, otherwise known as Poopie.

stoicfaux
#10 - 2011-09-20 16:42:16 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:

a) Duh. I think everyone has figured that out by now.

b) The source you linked is a bit fuzzy and hasn't been confirmed. While it is most likely an accurate and intentional statement, there's enough ambiguity in regards to the source and the context that you cannot treat it as "proof" of anything.

tl;dr - You're a day late and a dollar short of making a point. That job at foxnews.com will have to wait.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#11 - 2011-09-20 16:56:20 UTC
no foxnews :(

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#12 - 2011-09-20 16:56:36 UTC
CCP apologists spotted.

Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#13 - 2011-09-20 16:56:55 UTC
Quote:
PvP will be more limited in some ways, yet more open in others than any other current MMO.

wut

Quote:
Humanity is a stat in game and one use is to address griefers. The more you cause issues for other players, break the masquerade, etc the more you can lose humanity and once it gets too low other players (and NPCs?) can attack you (implied even if you flag yourself non-pvp).
Griefers will suffer both in game and if serious enough out of game penalties (ie account banning)

CCP is deluded and contradictory.
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#14 - 2011-09-20 17:02:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Mendolus
Kitty McKitty wrote:
CCP apologists spotted.

Person(s) incapable of truly original thought spotted, Lol

Your boring and mundane trumpeting of moral crusades on a video game forum is well... boring.

...clearly the Ishukone Watch Scorpion is the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse, i.e. the Brown Rider, otherwise known as Poopie.

White Tree
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-09-20 17:05:14 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:
CCP apologists

I literally hate it when people say this.

List of peoples/groups that have apologists:

Conductors of Genocide,

Conductors of Ethnic Cleansings,

Conductors of Racially motivated violence,

Conductores of Culturally motivated violence,

CCP Games.

You seriously have no idea how unrelentingly stupid you look when you say this. Don't do it.

Former member of CSM6.

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#16 - 2011-09-20 17:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
Yet ANOTHER case of CCP telling Eve CUSTOMERS one thing, and telling the press another.

They did this at the CSM emergency meeting too. Came out after and said one thing to us, then we read the next day in the Icelandic press the complete opposite.

Eve is dying. Admit it.
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#17 - 2011-09-20 17:06:47 UTC
I should care why?

Yes I know this is a prototype.

Yes I know we are the test audience.

Should we care? No, CCP is a game developer they want to expand and develop new technology, so let them do it. I for one will welcome my extreme graphics and Mature rating MMO

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Chaos Incarnate
Faceless Logistics
#18 - 2011-09-20 17:07:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Chaos Incarnate
Kitty McKitty wrote:
CCP apologists spotted.

you should have gone full-out and just called us CCP alts
Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#19 - 2011-09-20 17:09:05 UTC
White Tree wrote:
You seriously have no idea how unrelentingly stupid you look when you say this. Don't do it.

Statement working as intended.

stoicfaux
#20 - 2011-09-20 17:11:25 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
Quote:
PvP will be more limited in some ways, yet more open in others than any other current MMO.

wut

Quote:
Humanity is a stat in game and one use is to address griefers. The more you cause issues for other players, break the masquerade, etc the more you can lose humanity and once it gets too low other players (and NPCs?) can attack you (implied even if you flag yourself non-pvp).
Griefers will suffer both in game and if serious enough out of game penalties (ie account banning)

CCP is deluded and contradictory.

Eh, not really.

Humanity = Sec status, can baiting/flipping, aggro mechanics, etc..

Game penalties = banning bug exploiters, macros, bots, dying in a fire (out of game,) and leaking internal newsletters?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

123Next pageLast page