These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Real Men Hull Tank

Author
Kiroma Halandri
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-02-19 08:08:48 UTC
Winmatar uses bump. Its super effective!
[center]I'm not Anti-Social,    **I just don't like you.[/center]**
Drop-Me-Own-Stocks Darius
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-02-19 08:10:12 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
Tough Guys Wear Pink

All of the following could use some changes:
  • Hull Repariers
  • Damage Controls
  • Reinforced Bulkheads

Hull Repairers:
  • Shorten Duration
  • Increase Hull Repair Amount
  • Reduce Fitting Requirements
  • Reduce Capacitor Usage (to counteract shorter duration)

Note: Do the same for Remote Repairers

Alternate Solution:
Give Armor Repairers the ability to also repair Structure HP, and give them the ability to fit in either a Low or Medium slot.

Reinforced Bulkheads
  • Lower Fitting Requirements
  • You are just adding more bits to the hull, so it shouldn't require any CPU power. If it does need the ship's computer to calculate the structural integrity, it should at least be less than a TeraFLOP, about 10 GigaFLOPs (0.01 TF) at most.
  • Reduce Penalties
  • Those speed and agility penalties are pretty high compared to the penalties from Nanofiber Structures, Cargo Expanders, and Overdrive Injectors.
  • Add Faction Variants
  • The Nanofiber Structures and Overdrive Injectors have faction variants, and I think the Cargohold Exanders also have Faction Variants. If they don't already, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to add them.

Damage Controls
  • Make it a Passive Module
  • It uses so little Capacitor, that having it turned on makes no difference, so you may as well leave it passive. Besides, making it passive will allow you to use it even when you run out of Capacitor (that happens quite often).
  • Give it Scripts (more information below)

Damage Control Scripts
  • EM/Thermal Damage Control
  • Reduces Kinetic and Explosive damage resistance in favor of improved EM and Thermal damage resistance
  • Kinetic/Explosive Damage Control
  • Reduces EM and Thermal damage resistance in favor of improved Kinetic and Explosive damage resistance

Add Hull Rigs
Examples:
  • Reduced Signature Radius
  • Increased Hull HP
  • Increased Hull damage resistance
  • Increased Cargo Capacity (Cargohold Optimization won't have to be an Astronautic Rig)
Required Skills: Jury Rigging
Drawbacks: None

Not only will these changes make Hull Tanking more viable, but in the case of the Alternate Solution for Repair Modules it will merge the worlds of Armor Tanking and Hull Tanking.

Copied from previous page.
Who would like to buy a melon?  Madame, would you like to buy a--   ...oh. I see you've already got some.   Who would like to buy a melon?
Vicky Somers
Rusty Anchor
#23 - 2012-02-19 08:30:59 UTC
I like the idea of changing the way hull tanking works, but I feel like most ideas posted are rather short sighted. In essence, when your ship starts taking hull damage it's sustaining damage to its vital systems and this should be taken into consideration and explored upon. From a role playing point of view (i no rite) I feel like hull repping is a bit off and that hull tanking should entirely be buffer/resist based. However, once your ship starts taking hull damage, secondary effects should apply to the way your ship works. A penalty should be applied to acceleration & velocity and time to engage warp if you're not scrammed. On the other hand, overheated modules should receive an extra damage bonus or should emit less heat. So the more damage your hull takes, the more "last stand" dps you'll be able to pump out. Possibly multiplying even further with booster use.

If a ship survives in heavy structure damage, aligning/warping out should take considerably longer due to damage to vital navigation systems and stabilizers.

I dunno I'm just thinking out loud. You could go in many directions with this. The whole hull repping thing just sounds silly and out of place.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#24 - 2012-02-19 10:17:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Ocih
Hull tanking is actually quite a bit more effective than you think.

Large Quake:

36 Explosive
20 Kinetic

26.4 base shield
47.4 base armore.

73.8 damage of 129.8 is nullified at the hull.

You hit the hull for 22.4 dmg x multiplier- (If the hull tank has a DCU2 on). Say 8 guns 20X multiplier, your perfect hit volley is 3580. A hull tanked Baddon has over 38,000 hull. It's a very good ship to undock with if local has you curious.

- A Revalation can be doomsday proofed at 3.6 mill with hull tank. Granted in I-Win EVE you will die to the 2nd, 3rd or 5th.
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-02-20 03:13:28 UTC
Ocih, I don't want to sound rude, but I think I would like to point out that this was suppossed to be a Joke Thread. I admit that there are a few really good ideas being passed around in this thread, but it is still a Joke Thread.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#26 - 2012-02-20 07:22:14 UTC
Correction:
Look at My Sig

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-02-20 14:25:54 UTC
I do agree that the hull mods need to be boosted to be in line with shield and armor mods

Hull tanking doesnt need to be better, it just needs to be viable, its not like there are any ships out there with hull tank bonuses or the risk that changes to these mods will make hull tanking OP

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2012-02-27 00:06:22 UTC
We need to do more discussion here

Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-03-05 05:18:06 UTC
Why doesn't the OP participate? It is her thread, afterall.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#30 - 2012-03-05 12:29:56 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
Why doesn't the OP participate? It is her thread, afterall.

At some point the spark that gave you the idea fades and dies. Creative people do not necessarily wish to argue over everything as a matter of opinions (and people over value theirs' ). Sadly in the Features and Ideas section there are far too many trolls, so you give up and go on with your life, "to Hades with the lot of them."

Now if more people were more mature, educated, well bred and could give genuine constructive feedback which forwarded an idea ...

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Kiroma Halandri
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-03-06 06:03:39 UTC
The Damage Control CPU requirements need to be lowered.
[center]I'm not Anti-Social,    **I just don't like you.[/center]**
Previous page12