These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The new module

Author
Vini Puh93
Inquisitio Sanctum
#1 - 2012-02-05 14:38:58 UTC
Hello, after the introduction of new fuel compartments in the game is a lot of "hanging" posov in VC and in the zero-Secacah. I would like to suggest to introduce a module for "twisting" POS other persons. When you see this module in the game once will be a new kind of incomes for, and people will begin to "fun life" :). Please take the idea for the record, I think it is well inscribe in the world EvE Online.

P.S Sorry for my english.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-02-05 15:44:48 UTC
I'm not sure, but it seems like you're suggesting some sort of POS hacking module. However, I'm not really sure at all. Maybe try using Google Translate or Babelfish to translate? It will also translate better if you have very few slang terms in the post.
Vini Puh93
Inquisitio Sanctum
#3 - 2012-02-17 13:22:29 UTC
Hello, when you added new fuel blocks 2-3 weeks ago, I had one intersting idea. I want to offer new module which can use somebody to "set down" POSes. Life will be more interesting if you add this module in game. =) Thanks for reading.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#4 - 2012-02-17 14:41:36 UTC
So you want to be able to just offline a POS tower using some form of hacking module? Considering how much towers and modules cost and the fact that they're used for moon mining, reactions, manufacturing and blueprint research you would need something that could be used on the POS to at least provide a counter, otherwise people would lose their towers quite easily.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Vini Puh93
Inquisitio Sanctum
#5 - 2012-02-18 07:47:41 UTC
Кароче блять я предлагаю ввести модуль для снятия пустых (без поля) посов, переводите как хотитеEvil
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#6 - 2012-02-18 08:02:00 UTC
This is the English forum. Stick to English here. There are Russian forums for speaking Russian in.

I'm not going to copy-paste the Google translate of that because the language filter would catch it (apparently the Russian language filters need some serious working on).
Vini Puh93
Inquisitio Sanctum
#7 - 2012-02-19 14:56:05 UTC
I propose to introduce a module for the removal of the PОC (without fuel and field)

Ketplunk
Glory-Hole
#8 - 2012-02-19 15:28:11 UTC
As in to unanchor offline towers? that would make me a much richer man
Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#9 - 2012-02-19 16:16:57 UTC
He wants a module that can remove old unfueled poses. I concur, there are a lot of POS from people that no longer play the game that need removal. Also in WH there are a lot of abandoned poses that are too troublesome to shoot, but if they could be unanchored could provide a little bit of profit for he errant scavanger.

+1 from me

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#10 - 2012-02-19 18:04:39 UTC
As long as there is a gap of, say, a week between the POS going offline and being able to be dismantled using the proposed new module I can't see a problem. If someone has left a POS offline for that long they deserve to lose it.
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-02-20 03:10:59 UTC
The following will almost definately cause alot of problems, but it woudl be cool if you could hack an enemy POS to make it malfunction. It could be something significant, or it could be as much as an annoyance.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Katalci
Catgirl Courtesan Club
#12 - 2012-02-20 08:17:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Katalci
We already have this module; it's called a Mega Pulse Laser II. There's no need to be able to unanchor it; that'd remove the feel of things like stealing POSes that the owners are unanchoring.
Vini Puh93
Inquisitio Sanctum
#13 - 2012-02-20 13:15:35 UTC
The essence of the proposal is to take away an abandoned POS and cash in on it. Please, "particularly clever" not to mention the weapons discussed sdes module for removing PОS.

Googl translate
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-02-20 14:45:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Skippermonkey
Maybe hacking modules could get an expansion of their use?

A succesful hack could force the offlined POS into some unique form of reinforcement with any of its remaining strontium, even though it was offline.

This would send notifications to its owner and giving them one last chance to save it by adding fuel to the fuel bay before the timer expires.

At the end of the timer, if no action was taken, the tower becomes unanchored

unrelated - the use of hacking modules to open anchored secure containers of corp/alliance you are at war with would also be great fun

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Vini Puh93
Inquisitio Sanctum
#15 - 2012-02-21 13:18:19 UTC
Very good offer, I just imagined the unit is to remove sticks without the field to capitalize on them.