These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[Proposal] Displaying medals on character model and avatar

Author
Jester Elm
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-02-19 11:20:47 UTC
Supported
Davader
Space Cleaners
The Gorgon Empire
#22 - 2012-03-01 12:06:28 UTC
And here comes the up. CSM candidates, I hope you've read that and agree with this little thing, which won't be hard to implement.
Shaggy Herring
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-03-01 13:11:38 UTC
Supported!
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#24 - 2012-03-01 14:01:41 UTC
The game already awards certificates that you can choose to display on your info page.

Were something like this to be implemented there could be displayable medals corresponding to "Elite" certificates.

Otherwise it should be all player-driven. Give CEO's another reason to hand out medals to players that do good stuff for their corp.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Starkiller IV
Paradigm Technologies Inc
#25 - 2012-03-08 10:30:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Starkiller IV
Certificates aren't award. They are more like a grade.
I think CCP underestimate power of medals. For example if they had add medal for n kills on a certain ship this would increase an interest for not popular ships (we all know how screwed low tier battlecruisers/cruisers now). If CCP would made medals here won't be so much 'pink pony 1337 pwnz noobs'-style medals and if displayed they will actualy show that owner deserves some respect.
Also medal management might be improved so players could remove/hide/rename medals.
Aramis Rosicrux
Ordo Rosa Crux Templaris
#26 - 2012-03-09 23:46:22 UTC
I like medals. There is no lag associated with displaying the character photo, so go for it.

It will only affect those who want to participate.

SUPPORT Big smile

Support Space Science!! Join the Planetary Society!

planetarysociety.org

==============

About Aramis Rosicrux

My EveBoard Signature PNG

Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-03-11 00:29:27 UTC
Supporting just to make Drake Draconis QQ more.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#28 - 2012-03-11 00:55:17 UTC
Supported.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Diamaht Nevain
Eldritch Union
#29 - 2012-03-11 05:29:39 UTC
Supported
Davader
Space Cleaners
The Gorgon Empire
#30 - 2012-03-15 16:31:17 UTC
CSM voting is in progress - up for the topic. Whoever will be elected for CSM, I hope this simple feature will be noticed by you.
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#31 - 2012-03-19 17:00:22 UTC
Personally, I'm not fully opposed to this ideas, but strict criteria should be met:

1) Medals should only be displayable on actual uniform-type upper body wear (uniform shirt, field marshal coat).

2) Those who don't have those items, or don't want to display them on their avatar should have a display case in their CQ for the display of their medals.

3) Displayable medals should only be obtainable through the NEX Store to add legitimacy to it.

3)(a) The NEX Store should also add things such as dogtags and hats (military-style hats, berets, and other headgear)

If someone earned something from their Corp, they should have a means of displaying it with pride. It adds to the immersion of the game, and in and of itself is not game-breaking.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Previous page12