These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tactical Overlay Improvement

Author
Trash Ice
Tesla Cat
#1 - 2012-02-16 16:41:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Trash Ice
I want some Tactical Overlay improvements:

1. velocity vectors projected from ships
  2. I definitely want this for piloting frigate-sized and nano ships

3. clearly distinguishable ship-type icons
  4. Why should i hover over each ship to get essential information?

5. some color indication, when object is invulnerable \\ in lock range \\ in optimal

6. your success hit chance
  7. it seems like nobody loves this one, but i leave it here for the record

8. kalbrak Jr wrote:

E-war icons next to ships so you can spread points and jams more effectively or see how many of your guys are jammed

Someone may think that this will make EVE more arcade...
You know, this is future - i should have got these features long lime ago

PS
sorry for my english

UP
kalbrak quoted
(4) specified
Trash Ice
Tesla Cat
#2 - 2012-02-16 21:50:19 UTC
bump Roll
Trash Ice
Tesla Cat
#3 - 2012-02-17 06:35:12 UTC
nobody cares, eh Straight
Daeva Teresa
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-02-17 09:54:19 UTC
Simply:
1. Yes
2. Maybe
3. No
4. No

It would take skill and experience from combat if you would just see you chances of hitting. It would make the game more automated, less to think about. It may seem like good ideas but I dont want it.

CCP really please dont use Upgraded, Limited, Experimental and Prototype in item names. It sounds like the item is actually worse than basic meta 1 item. Use Calibrated, Enhanced, Optimized and Upgraded. Its really easy to understand that the item is better than meta 1 and its also in alphabetic order.

Trash Ice
Tesla Cat
#5 - 2012-02-17 11:31:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Trash Ice
Daeva Teresa wrote:
Simply:
3. No

why?
less dumb clicking

Daeva Teresa wrote:
Simply:
It would take skill and experience from combat if you would just see you chances of hitting.

seriosly?
this is what you call pvp skill?
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
#6 - 2012-02-17 12:05:29 UTC
#1. It would be very nice indeed.

#3. It's already implemented. First, you have always visible bubble of your locking range. And if you hover mouse over gun or other 'projecting' module you see another bubble of optimal/+falloff.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#7 - 2012-02-17 13:05:35 UTC
Trash Ice wrote:

• clearly distinguishable ship-type icons
  • Why should i hover over each ship to get essential information?

You can already tell ship classes by looking at the icon in space(different classes have different sized boxes/thicker brackets). Are you asking to be able to tell a lachesis and an arazu apart by the icon? Then we would have so many different icons you wouldn't be able to ID them anyway, and very large fleet battles would lag the client even more than they already do(its already alot, even with TiDi).

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Trash Ice
    Tesla Cat
    #8 - 2012-02-17 22:10:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Trash Ice
    Tallian Saotome wrote:

You can already tell ship classes by looking at the icon in space(different classes have different sized boxes/thicker brackets). Are you asking to be able to tell a lachesis and an arazu apart by the icon? Then we would have so many different icons you wouldn't be able to ID them anyway, and very large fleet battles would lag the client even more than they already do(its already alot, even with TiDi).

You are a carebear, right?
    Go away Cool
    kalbrak Jr
    Tribal Liberation Force
    Minmatar Republic
    #9 - 2012-02-18 11:21:54 UTC
    5. Holographic wire frame ships instead of brackets. Like the ones in the captains quarters
    6. E-war icons next to ships so you can spread points and jams more effectively or see how many of your guys are jammed

Trash Ice
    Tesla Cat
    #10 - 2012-02-18 13:49:10 UTC
    >>> 5. Holographic wire frame ships instead of brackets. Like the ones in the captains quarters
    it should take a lot of space What?

>>> 6. E-war icons next to ships so you can spread points and jams more effectively or see how many of your guys are jammed
    True
    Captain Nares
    O3 Corporation
    #11 - 2012-02-18 23:37:22 UTC
    Definitely +1 for vectors.

Other Tactical Overlay improvments will be nice too. This is the thing we use every day, every moment being out of dock Smile
    Vaarkk
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #12 - 2012-02-18 23:52:43 UTC
    Velocity vectors would be AWESOME. Would definitely improve situational awareness without unbalancing anything.

However, posting hit chances is just terribly stupid.

I like the idea of showing a different type of bracket if you're getting scrammed or other ewar against you. Possibly an icon around the redbox?
    Amaroq Dricaldari
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #13 - 2012-02-19 07:25:26 UTC
    Supported

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Trash Ice
    Tesla Cat
    #14 - 2012-02-21 08:39:39 UTC
    bump