These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Mittani, CSM7 Chairman: Our work is not yet done.

First post First post
Author
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#581 - 2012-02-18 23:59:43 UTC
Well I was thinking of isk making potential and supporting arena pvp. It seems tech moons and high sec incursions are the best isk makers. Maybe that means hi seccer have potential to run arena and null seccers. Of course that isk is used to make titans and mothers, as well as reimburesment and whatever incursion runners buy. So some hard decisions would have to be made there I imagine. But it does seem low sec has no real way of making decent isk. I am not a sadist, so I wont mention them just doing low sec incursion if they want an arena style pvp.

So there are some decent isk makers to support arena play, but they do come with hard decisions and people who enjoy low sec would be hard hit up to make isk enough to join in.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#582 - 2012-02-19 00:26:32 UTC
"guys guys we need to nerf anomalies and jump bridges, people are making way too much ISK and projecting far too much power hey why is nullsec empty"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#583 - 2012-02-19 02:10:57 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
i sling mud, i scam supercaps, and i'm a sadist, this isn't new or particularly interesting

Mittani for CSM chair !

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#584 - 2012-02-19 02:23:55 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
holy crap you guys spent the last three pages arguing about 'if i sling mud' and having non-lawyers trying to parse legal phrases

i sling mud, i scam supercaps, and i'm a sadist, this isn't new or particularly interesting

What's most interesting about this statement is that your alliance has spent a lot of effort trying to draw the distinction between your role in-game (dishonest, scammer, etc.) and what you are in real life. It appears that they're wrong about you and we can expect the same things from you as a CSM as we expect in game. All those arguments about how Eve is a sandbox which excuses your in-game behavior and how silly people are for thinking you're not different in real life were for nothing.

Thank you for clearing that up.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#585 - 2012-02-19 02:48:15 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:

What's most interesting about this statement is that your alliance has spent a lot of effort trying to draw the distinction between your role in-game (dishonest, scammer, etc.) and what you are in real life. It appears that they're wrong about you and we can expect the same things from you as a CSM as we expect in game. All those arguments about how Eve is a sandbox which excuses your in-game behavior and how silly people are for thinking you're not different in real life were for nothing.

I'm an incumbent. You can expect exactly the same kind of stuff from me in CSM7 as you got in CSM6, the most effective CSM in history.

I'm delighted to run on my record.

~hi~

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#586 - 2012-02-19 03:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Bride
The Mittani wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:

I'm an incumbent. You can expect exactly the same kind of stuff from me in CSM7 as you got in CSM6, the most effective CSM in history.

I'm delighted to run on my record.

There's an old saying that "you can't make a good deal with bad people." I view a vote for a CSM as a contract between myself and the CSM. You are an admitted sadist, brag about slinging mud as a politician, and draw no distinction between you as a person and The Mittani. Regardless of how effective you say you were as a CSM last year, I feel its only a matter of time before you fall back on who you are as a person and politician. When this happens I think it's safe to say that you'll have no problem with screwing everyone over if you can... Eve, CCP, the players, and those who voted for you. I mean that's what mud-slinging sadists do, right? I'm sure it'll be lol-tastic too.

However, I'd rather vote for someone who is a decent human being to represent me in Iceland.

Solinuas
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#587 - 2012-02-19 03:29:08 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:

There's an old saying that "you can't make a good deal with bad people." I view a vote for a CSM as a contract between myself and the CSM. You are an admitted sadist, brag about slinging mud as a politician, and draw no distinction between you as a person and The Mittani. Regardless of how effective you say you were as a CSM last year, I feel its only a matter of time before you fall back on who you are as a person and politician. When this happens I think it's safe to say that you'll have no problem with screwing everyone over if you can... Eve, CCP, the players, and those who voted for you. I mean that's what mud-slinging sadists do, right? I'm sure it'll be lol-tastic too.

However, I'd rather vote for someone who is a decent human being to represent me in Iceland.

And because of this me and all of my alts shall vote for mittens!
Princess Bride
SharkNado
#588 - 2012-02-19 04:06:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Bride
Solinuas wrote:

And because of this me and all of my alts shall vote for mittens!

Don't kid yourself. You and the rest of the goons will vote for him because you're a socially inept lemming who is happy to do what he's told because you live vicariously through The Mittani. The bigger he gets, the bigger and more important you'll feel. The fact that he's an admitted sadist and mudslinging politician who has trouble distinguishing between his role as a CSM and his role in-game will not affect your decision in either direction.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#589 - 2012-02-19 04:19:10 UTC
*advises people not to kid themselves*

*posts earnestly about contracts, ethics, and the moral high ground in jita park*

heh

~hi~

Home Strech
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#590 - 2012-02-19 04:21:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Home Strech
Princess Bride wrote:

The fact that he's an admitted sadist and mudslinging politician who has trouble distinguishing between his role as a CSM and his role in-game will not affect your decision in either direction.

Um being a politician when running for council seat is a bad thing?

And what is wrong with being a sadist I am a masochist and LOVE sadists :)
The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#591 - 2012-02-19 04:26:18 UTC
I think there's a lot of folks who missed my CSM6 campaign last year. I make no bones about being a complete bastard. Most people who know me in nullsec or have been on the wrong end of my alliance are entirely aware of the lengths I go to in order to win.

In CSM6 I vowed that I would put my skill at raw bastardry to use - to improve the game and make the CSM actually work; I did exactly that. I'm not a saint, an angel, or a ~nice guy~. Those kind of people don't do well in a political group where your task is to influence and persuade others, to cut deals, to think in a Machiavellian manner.

If you think an effective politician is a 'moral' person, well, I know a great guy who can act as a trusted third party if you need to transfer a supercap!

~hi~

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#592 - 2012-02-19 04:32:53 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
I think there's a lot of folks who missed my CSM6 campaign last year. I make no bones about being a complete bastard. Most people who know me in nullsec or have been on the wrong end of my alliance are entirely aware of the lengths I go to in order to win.

In CSM6 I vowed that I would put my skill at raw bastardry to use - to improve the game and make the CSM actually work; I did exactly that. I'm not a saint, an angel, or a ~nice guy~. Those kind of people don't do well in a political group where your task is to influence and persuade others, to cut deals, to think in a Machiavellian manner.

If you think an effective politician is a 'moral' person, well, I know a great guy who can act as a trusted third party if you need to transfer a supercap!

Actually, you're kinda fail as a follower of Machiavelli. To quote The Prince:

"For this reason a prince ought to take care that he never lets anything slip from his lips that is not replete with the above-named five qualities, that he may appear to him who sees and hears him altogether merciful, faithful, humane, upright, and religious."

See, Machiavelli understood that a leader had to APPEAR virtuous, despite his true nature. It's funny you should mention Machiavelli as I was just musing to myself that you must have never read him. You're not going to be elected because you're a master of Machiavelli's teachings. You'll get elected because of the structure of the election and the large voting block you control.

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#593 - 2012-02-19 04:37:59 UTC
all i see in your posts is 'a bloo bloo bloo', my computer must be screwing up again~

~hi~

Sara XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#594 - 2012-02-19 04:40:27 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
The Mittani wrote:

Actually, you're kinda fail as a follower of Machiavelli. To quote The Prince:

"For this reason a prince ought to take care that he never lets anything slip from his lips that is not replete with the above-named five qualities, that he may appear to him who sees and hears him altogether merciful, faithful, humane, upright, and religious."

See, Machiavelli understood that a leader had to APPEAR virtuous, despite his true nature. It's funny you should mention Machiavelli as I was just musing to myself that you must have never read him. You're not going to be elected because you're a master of Machiavelli's teachings. You'll get elected because of the structure of the election and the large voting block you control.

Psst, your pubbie is showing. Please stop. Ugh
Between Ignorance and Wisdom
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#595 - 2012-02-19 04:49:48 UTC
Princess Bride wrote:
... and draw no distinction between you as a person and The Mittani.
The Mittani would beat a dog if he thought it would get him something he desired (like a ham sammich).

This Alexander Gianturco fellow, I don't think he would beat a dog, unless under the most extreme circumstances/duress.

The Mittani is an asshole. I hear that this Alexander Gianturco fellow is actually a pretty nice and friendly guy.
Endeavour Starfleet
#596 - 2012-02-19 04:53:17 UTC
Would you mind please going over your views of incursion going into CSM7? With the possibility of a renewed campaign to get them seriously nerfed in the future I would like to know if you are willing to go from a rather passive stance to that of defending them and content like it from those with an agenda of pushing more CTA participation without benefits. Or those who just hate highsec.
Princess Bride
SharkNado
#597 - 2012-02-19 04:56:29 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Princess Bride wrote:
... and draw no distinction between you as a person and The Mittani.
The Mittani would beat a dog if he thought it would get him something he desired (like a ham sammich).

This Alexander Gianturco fellow, I don't think he would beat a dog, unless under the most extreme circumstances/duress.

The Mittani is an asshole. I hear that this Alexander Gianturco fellow is actually a pretty nice and friendly guy.

So who are we speaking to here. The Mittani, or Alex? More importantly, who are we electing?

Mintrolio
Doomheim
#598 - 2012-02-19 05:02:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Mintrolio
Princess Bride wrote:

So who are we speaking to here. The Mittani, or Alex? More importantly, who are we electing?

PLESE ELECTIGN ME AND LEAFIGN THIS POOR DEFENSLESE GOON MITANI ALONE NOW.

ALSO THESE CONTINU POASTIGN IS PUSHIGN MINE POAST DOWN DOWN DOWN.

THENK YOU.
The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#599 - 2012-02-19 05:10:55 UTC
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:
Would you mind please going over your views of incursion going into CSM7? With the possibility of a renewed campaign to get them seriously nerfed in the future I would like to know if you are willing to go from a rather passive stance to that of defending them and content like it from those with an agenda of pushing more CTA participation without benefits. Or those who just hate highsec.

I don't really deal with Incursions much. On CSM6 the 'Incursion Session' in the December minutes was primarily spearheaded by Draco Llasa, as he had done a bunch of research and participated heavily in them firsthand. I generally stand by Draco's knowledge on this topic, so if the December minutes comments on Incursions makes you extremely angry, vOv

I'd like to see more flavors of Incursions than Sansha and more variety in sites, and they also need to stop spewing out comical amounts of risk-free isk in hisec. That's a fairly common view. Incursions are certainly superior as content goes to L4 missions, that's unquestionable. I've suggested having 'Newbie Incursions' as well to get new players to group up and fight against a common foe as a NPE experience, to snap new players out of the 'all alone' mindset.

~hi~

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#600 - 2012-02-19 05:11:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Bride
The Mittani wrote:
all i see in your posts is 'a bloo bloo bloo', my computer must be screwing up again~

Ah. That's a bit disappointing.

Well, when you get the only thing that gives your life meaning back up and running, perhaps you could post a list of politicians who -admit- they're mudslingers. There are plenty of mud-slinging politicians out there, but I'm having trouble remembering any of them labeling themselves such. Can you help me out here? Right, not really. I guess most -real- politicians actually read Machiavelli and practice what they learned instead of pretending. Oops