These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Addons/Plugins

Author
Ryladin Vividari
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-02-18 23:28:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Ryladin Vividari
I'm aware most things wouldn't be allowed, but I was wondering if a program called overwolf is? It doesn't effect gameplay in any way, it simply allows users to talk in popular chat systems, and browse the web, as well as take video's and screenshots.

I use skype a great deal, so it would be extremely useful if it was compatible, and allowed.

Here is a link to its features, so you can get an understanding of what it is.

http://www.overwolf.com/Features/TeamSpeak

I know EVE online is listed as compatible, but I was told in the rookie help channel some addons would result in bans.

There was some confusion in the help channel about it, its not an addon in that it attaches to EVE, it creates an overlay that I activate with hotkeys, which has the chats, and such on it.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#2 - 2012-02-18 23:46:46 UTC
As it's something like Steam or xFire I couldn't imagine there would be a problem but for an official response I'd say file a petition.

The Drake is a Lie

Ryladin Vividari
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-02-18 23:54:06 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
As it's something like Steam or xFire I couldn't imagine there would be a problem but for an official response I'd say file a petition.

Alright Thank you.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-02-19 01:16:50 UTC
AFAIK Overwolf isn't actually a plug-in or add-on but a seperate program running in your background that manages programs like your browser and voice comms. So in no way it is even related to EVE and it won't use anything at all from the client. It can even be run seperate from EVE.

So from what I can see, this isn't called modding or botting or what so ever and can be used while playing.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Ryladin Vividari
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-02-19 07:04:43 UTC
I was fairly certain of that but wanted to confirm it, a petition got the same answer, thanks for the help.