These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Topics in General Discussion

First post
Author
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-09-20 14:00:09 UTC
Why is it that some (a few) Topics in General Discussion gets moved VERY fast, while others that clearly belongs in another section gets to stay?
I ask the question just to raise awareness and perhaps it'll make forum mods think about it. Blink
Winterblink
#2 - 2011-09-20 14:01:47 UTC
Moderator apathy levels vary from moderator to moderator.
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2011-09-20 14:06:14 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Navigator
Nyio wrote:
Why is it that some (a few) Topics in General Discussion gets moved VERY fast, while others that clearly belongs in another section gets to stay?
I ask the question just to raise awareness and perhaps it'll make forum mods think about it. Blink

An interesting question and, while it skirts on discussing moderation, I think it is worthy of a reply Smile

The Community team will move a thread if the subject matter is going to be discussed in greater detail in one of the other sub forums. Questions regarding specific ships, for example, are always better suited to 'Ships & Modules' and player created videos or tools are best suited to 'My EVE'. The reason for that is that these are the sections players go to find specific information.

At other times we will have threads that could benefit from being in another section but are topical enough to stay in General Discussion so we can get the pulse of players much more easily. Eventually they may be moved to a sub section but this is not always the case.

Each thread is determined on a case by case basis and not just moved willy nilly.
MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#4 - 2011-09-20 16:10:59 UTC  |  Edited by: MailDeadDrop
CCP Navigator wrote:
player created ... tolls are best suited to 'My EVE'.

Question
Dear Navigator,
Please punish your spellchecker, for I believe it has substituted "tolls" for "tales" -- at least I hope that's what happened. The alternative is you really meant "tolls", and I would rather not have Eve players creating their own tollbooths on the public roads.

MDD
Tethys Atreides
The Audacity of Huge
#5 - 2011-09-20 16:16:10 UTC
Maybe he meant trolls?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2011-09-20 16:18:24 UTC
Tethys Atreides wrote:
Maybe he meant trolls?

An impossible task.
stoicfaux
#7 - 2011-09-20 16:22:20 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

Each thread is determined on a case by case basis and not just moved willy nilly.

Follow up question: Why does no moderator have the name "Willy Nilly"?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#8 - 2011-09-20 17:21:30 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Tethys Atreides wrote:
Maybe he meant trolls?

An impossible task.

It's only impossible because it has been allowed to go on for so long.
There is no inkling of a community present here anymore.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]