These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Downlading todays patch REDICOUSLY SLOW...

Author
Quazal Atreides
StarTrucks
Prometheus Allegiance
#1 - 2012-02-17 16:49:16 UTC
this patch is a whopping 5674kb and so far to update 1 client has taken me 35minutes (still 80% done)

What is going on, and nope it isnt my end as i can download frmo random websites at my full or near full speed.???

Still the only person to offer corp creation free of charge. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=35634#post35634 Created over 200 was 3rd on the all time corporation job history on eve-board. This service is in stasis due to personal game time...

Mie Ka
mss industry
#2 - 2012-02-17 16:53:57 UTC
I'm having the same problem, Patch downloading really slow and has now started saying that the patching has failed and starts over again.
Kinis Deren
Mosquito Squadron
D0GS OF WAR
#3 - 2012-02-17 17:13:25 UTC
Yup, I'm having the same problem too ("Crucible 1.2 Client Update #2" takes forever to download, gets to about 98% and then reports patch failed to update). My current build information is 7.22 341054

I've checked connection speed and that is as good as ever. Typically, previous patches take less than 15 seconds to download and I'm up and flying again in no time. Server side problem?

I'd download the patch manually, but the patch doesn't seem to be listed on the patch download page yet (http://community.eveonline.com/patches/patches.asp ) :-S
Manoah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-02-17 17:14:32 UTC
Same here, was about to call up BT to have a whinge but my connection seems fine Evil
Kinis Deren
Mosquito Squadron
D0GS OF WAR
#5 - 2012-02-17 17:18:03 UTC
Kinis Deren wrote:
Yup, I'm having the same problem too ("Crucible 1.2 Client Update #2" takes forever to download, gets to about 98% and then reports patch failed to update). My current build information is 7.22 341054

I've checked connection speed and that is as good as ever. Typically, previous patches take less than 15 seconds to download and I'm up and flying again in no time. Server side problem?

I'd download the patch manually, but the patch doesn't seem to be listed on the patch download page yet (http://community.eveonline.com/patches/patches.asp ) :-S

Ha!

Just posted the above and the rinse and repeat attempt worked this time! I guess it is busy time P
Kinis Deren
Mosquito Squadron
D0GS OF WAR
#6 - 2012-02-17 17:38:08 UTC
I don't know if this is relevant, but on two accounts now, I found that if I tried to log in after the patch failed and then accepted the update client message, the patch d/l slowly as before but was able to be applied.

Good luck and hope this works for you too O7
AfroHorse
Small Hole Much Liquid
#7 - 2012-02-17 18:06:34 UTC
I think BT is having issues with a router as my connections out to european bf servers are odd, eg some are 30ms some are 300ms, also on HON earlier I suddenly was getting a ping of 700+.
Pyriell
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-02-17 18:14:34 UTC
Also having the problem of stupidly slow download speeds, plus the slightly greater problem of the download totally failing before it ever gets close to completion.
Also tried to download the generic patcher, which is supposed to check your client and download whatever is needed to make sure it's the most recent version... but the download speed was less than 5 kbs until it too failed.

Just to check there aren't some major issues with my internet I ran a quick test on speedtest.net which gave back a result of 6.8Mbs download speed...
Very weird.
AfroHorse
Small Hole Much Liquid
#9 - 2012-02-17 18:16:13 UTC
Pyriell
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-02-17 18:24:09 UTC
Thanks for the info, guess I'll just have to be patient and wait a few hours to play Sad
Lirael Dyrim
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-02-17 18:45:47 UTC
Having the same problems but I'm also with BT so I guess their problems are what's causing it. Thought it was usual for only 25% of the patch to be downloaded in half an hour....guess I'll try again later. Straight
Katherine Dubasei
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-02-17 22:01:56 UTC
Kinis Deren wrote:
I don't know if this is relevant, but on two accounts now, I found that if I tried to log in after the patch failed and then accepted the update client message, the patch d/l slowly as before but was able to be applied.

Good luck and hope this works for you too O7

This worked for me thankfully :)
Super Whopper
I can Has Cheeseburger
#13 - 2012-02-18 01:08:27 UTC
I am still having the same problem 12 hours after patch. Repairing also doesn't work as the repair tool times out.