These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Vote for an independent, non-block aligned candidate - Mu'ad Diib for the CSM

First post
Author
Mu'ad Diib
Nul-Bridge Industrial Technologies
#21 - 2012-02-16 03:54:55 UTC
Sverige Pahis wrote:
I'll like it if you promise to stop signing your posts, seriously we can see who you are it's right there.
Fair enough. Sorry.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. When I die, all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Mu'ad Diib
#22 - 2012-02-16 05:25:17 UTC
There's quite an important post here - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=22324 - on the current election that I would urge people to read.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. When I die, all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Mu'ad Diib
#23 - 2012-02-16 06:47:25 UTC
I've just posted another post to this forum that gives some RL information on me.

If anyone has any queries about RL or EVE or anything really, please feel free to ask. I will always answer honestly.

One of my aims, should I be elected, would be to be an accessible CSM representative and this starts right here.

Mourados Denver
Eagles Of Death Metal
#24 - 2012-02-16 11:57:57 UTC
I Like
Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#25 - 2012-02-16 12:35:47 UTC
Go away mighty mouse.
Mu'ad Diib
#26 - 2012-02-16 15:00:16 UTC
Mourados Denver wrote:
I Like
Thanks for the support! Halfway there now.

Mu'ad Diib
#27 - 2012-02-17 07:58:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Mu'ad Diib
If anyone would like to support an independent candidate who is dedicated to proper representation of the views of capsuleers then please encourage others to like this post! I'm just 42 likes short of making the shortlist.

Thanks.

Mu'ad Diib
#28 - 2012-02-17 10:57:10 UTC
42! Need more likes! Want democracy? Like this post.

Thanks!

Mu'ad Diib
#29 - 2012-02-17 14:50:33 UTC
39 likes still need to get a truly independent voice onto the CSM! Want democracy? Please like this post.

Skyreth
Victoria Per Conquestum
#30 - 2012-02-17 14:56:16 UTC
You have my like...but for the love of God, do not become another Nullsec focused CSM member. The rest of EVE needs some loving too.
Mu'ad Diib
#31 - 2012-02-17 15:09:46 UTC
Skyreth wrote:
You have my like...but for the love of God, do not become another Nullsec focused CSM member. The rest of EVE needs some loving too.
No chance of that.

I'm not anti null sec either however. I think the important thing about proper democracy is to fairly and objectively represent the needs and wishes of the people who vote you in. This is my aim and on that basis I'm aiming to be a good player representative for all capsuleers, wherever they hang out.

Please encourage others to 'like' the post though because if I doon't get 100 'likes' I'm not even on the shortlist.

Retar Aveymone
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2012-02-17 15:27:28 UTC
does all this honor business mean you will oppose the best parts of the game :ohdear:
Mu'ad Diib
#33 - 2012-02-17 15:34:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Mu'ad Diib
Retar Aveymone wrote:
does all this honor business mean you will oppose the best parts of the game :ohdear:
Not necessarily.

I think one of the best thing about the game is that it's big. Really big. There's enough space out there for all of us to be able to co-exist in Eve with very little reason for conflict; or at least conflict about one group's interests being more important than any other.

The fringes of the Eve universe are pretty unlawful and that's fine. Some people want that kind of environment. The center is much safer and noobies need this to find their feet. Is one section of space more important than another? No. It's about balance in my humble opinion.

Mu'ad Diib
#34 - 2012-02-17 20:25:24 UTC
Update: I'm now up to 49 'likes' so I just need nother 51 to make the shortlist.

Mu'ad Diib
#35 - 2012-02-17 20:56:10 UTC
Just created two election posters

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/cloudwalker_3/Eve%20Posters/?albumview=slideshow

Remember if you want an independent representative with integrity please 'like' the orginal post in this thread.

Thanks!

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2012-02-17 21:13:40 UTC
You know, if you actually had a platform, or anything along those lines that would indicate that you have a clue about how the game actually works or what needs to be changed/preserved, you probably wouldn't be begging for likes right now.

Really, you liking to that silly protest thread just shows that you don't even seem to understand that the CSM isn't some goofy roleplay thing, it's a real job done by real people who want to make the real game better. Honor and integrity mean absolutely nothing compared to actually having a real vision for the game itself, and that means having an actual platform.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Mu'ad Diib
#37 - 2012-02-17 22:10:41 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
You know, if you actually had a platform, or anything along those lines that would indicate that you have a clue about how the game actually works or what needs to be changed/preserved...
I'm really sorry that you feel that I don't have a platform. I do.

Rather than impose my will on the entire community what I'd like to see is an increase in player democracy so that we, the CSM, can act as a conduit for the knowledge and experience of the entire community. I'm quite clear that I'm not someone who claims to know it all and I'm very honest and up front about that.

What I would say however is that I do feel I have a stong sense of ethics and integrity so if I do get elected I won't forget the people who voted for me. This is why I have committed myself to running regular monthly surgeries where players can approach me individually with their concerns.

My platform is an increased level of democracy with a view to empowering the entire community of Eve so that through this the game and we as participants all become much richer.

I respect the fact that this might now be a list of specific improvements that I'd push to be imposed on the Eve universe, but then I'm not that kind of candidate.

Mu'ad Diib
#38 - 2012-02-18 09:14:47 UTC

Mu'ad Diib
#39 - 2012-02-18 12:32:47 UTC

Minmatar Citizen 769594585726
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2012-02-18 13:44:56 UTC
+1 to dilute non-bloc aligned votes.

(also, a four line sig is obnoxious, esp. a quote from blade runner that everyone has seen a million times before)