These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Guided Missile Precision

Author
Rat Farmer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-02-17 13:44:48 UTC
I’m looking at training missiles long term and I saw the Guided Missile Precision skill. Does this skill only apply to tech 2 precision missiles?
Mona X
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-02-17 13:58:16 UTC
No, it only apply to standard, heavy missiles and cruise missiles. Just like in description.

I need new signature.

Rat Farmer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-02-17 14:01:58 UTC
Mona X wrote:
No, it only apply to standard, heavy missiles and cruise missiles. Just like in description.

I read the description and the first sentence says “Skill at precision missile homing.” It also says that it works with light, heavy and cruise, but there are precision missiles for each of those categories. That’s why I asked.
Misanthra
Alternative Enterprises
#4 - 2012-02-17 14:09:06 UTC
reread the description lol...

5% sig radius reduction for any guided missile. Means the skill works for any variant of light, heavy or cruise missile. that would include t1 versions and the high damage anti ship ones.

Do not train this for ham, torps or rockets, doesn't work on them.

And jsut a personal preference don't boither with precision ammo. If your skills are high enough you kill things jsut as fast with plain ole t1 ammo on say a tengu or drake. BS like cruise raven....learn drone skills. factor in all those ammo swaps in multi wave missions with frigates in the new waves and imo you aren't saving much time. Or money with the added cost of the ammo. If all the bs's dead and some frigs left....paint them to help your drones out. Paint helps guns as well as missiles.

Jenny Cameron
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-02-17 14:17:52 UTC
Misanthra wrote:

And jsut a personal preference don't bother with precision ammo.

Yea the speed penalty that you get per launcher is quite a heavy one. Hence hardly anyone uses them,
Rat Farmer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-02-17 14:55:57 UTC
OK, so what benefit do you actually receive by decreasing the signature radius of explosions? Does it mean more dps because of a more concentrated area of effect?
Cathy Drall
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-02-17 15:13:30 UTC
Rat Farmer wrote:
OK, so what benefit do you actually receive by decreasing the signature radius of explosions? Does it mean more dps because of a more concentrated area of effect?

Read this thing. It's actually a very informative piece of information about missiles!!
Rat Farmer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-02-17 15:24:25 UTC
Cathy Drall wrote:
Rat Farmer wrote:

Read this thing. It's actually a very informative piece of information about missiles!!

Thanks, that made a lot of sense and cleared up a lot of silly questions that I had.