These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why does caldari militia fail? Your viewsplease

Author
GF07M8
#401 - 2012-02-16 19:37:48 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Bottom line: USTZ war is pretty much over. The "Battle of Tama" in January 2011 lead by chatgris was great fun and all, but IMO it was the last straw that helped First General decide to leave the area and never return. My guess is that the last thing he wanted to hear from Oppon's Pull was "We had fun!". KB stats and all that. With WBR poaching many of the veteran pilots of the Caldari militia, there wasn't, and isn't a core group of Caldari pilots that could build up the TZ.

The remaining USTZ Caldari FW pilots (lead by THE4) have been slowly losing the war of attrition to USTZ Gallente FW. THE4 was their last best hope, but it seems to have finally disintigrated or moved on to another secret location further "north" in Black Rise.

There are occasional "uprisings" such as the beginning of this month of fast and furious plex fighting, but they are squashed because of overwhelming numbers/higher skilled pilots/better morale. Bolsterbomb and Super Chair can only convince pilots to go head on into their sure deaths only so many times before they find something more interesting to do with their game time. Partial victories here and there are great, but my guess is their pilots want to win more often than they currently are. The USTZ Caldari are adapting and going more "guerilla tactics" in their plex fighting - and they are having some fun with it. But their numbers are low, and at any point they can get easily roflblobbed (almost by accident - I'm amazed at how many guys we have show up when intel is given). Our guys adjust fittings as well, so their success with new tactics is oftentimes brief and they are always under pressure to adjust. A few guys like Super Chair have fun with this type of warfare, but I suspect most of them don't.

IMO, The USTZ Gallente-Caldari part of FW heat up again only when a large USTZ corporation or alliance joins Caldari FW. This is because nobody in USTZ Gallente FW is going anywhere. This is our Eve home (which is the main difference, IMO. There aren't enough USTZ Caldari who consider FW their Eve home). There just aren't enough numbers of Caldari to compete, and their momentum gets crushed before they can build up any critical mass of good pilots.

On the other hand, I hear Caldari EUTZ presence is pretty good. There are several corporations who are fairly strong such as IGB, and BRGF and they are doing quite well from what I see on kbs. SOTF is regularly leading the Gallente in FW kils, so they have plenty of targets to go after during their TZ.

Fits what I have experienced of the USTZ from cal side. I could only PLEX so much for "fights," aka curbstomp-rolls from 3-4 to 1 odds against us where we had to roll up in as much ecm as possible just to try and hang on a little while. It might be an amusing challenge to some, but when there are a lot of pvp alternatives Calmil just looks hopeless by comparison. It has become essentially a place to throw away cheap insurable ships for the thrill of fighting outnumbered all the time and with pilots who usually aren't anywhere near as skilled or disciplined as opponents.

Anyone who wants to pick up the USTZ will need not just organization and plenty of mid-high sp followers, but also a willingness to commit and loose much more expensive ships on a regular basis until the huddled masses of calmil grow into some better guns. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone willing to do that. Most of the Cal aligned RP'ers are strong carebears. Most of the alliances sympathetic to the calmil are too far away from the warzone to have an impact without causing problems at home.

At the end of the day, critical mass has already been achieved. Gal will preside over USTZ indefinitely, getting token fights and having very little to do until they disperse or have a few more prominent defectors to even the odds. Ofc that assumes the gal actually want a more even-handed arena for "good fights." If that is not the case I don't think calmil has any future except LP farmers and the occasional pirate.
Deen Wispa
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#402 - 2012-02-16 19:38:51 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:

IMO, The USTZ Gallente-Caldari part of FW heat up again only when a large USTZ corporation or alliance joins Caldari FW.

QFT

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Garbad theWeak
#403 - 2012-02-16 19:43:12 UTC
Posting so I can unsubscribe from a ******** thread. Seriously, you people have been spamming this for like 2 months.
Super Chair
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#404 - 2012-02-16 19:55:04 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Super Chair can only convince pilots to go head on into their sure deaths only so many times before they find something more interesting to do with their game time.

Or I can just keep killing you guys, i'm not going anywhere Big smile

http://caldari.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12409371

It's amazing what a well timed warp does against a bigger gang trying to enter a plex can do

http://caldari.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12399205

http://caldari.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12381131

Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#405 - 2012-02-16 20:26:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
Desra Mascani wrote:
Mutnin wrote:
.....then you have the Enal guys that seem to try to fight Gal gangs, but honestly just don't have the numbers to compete head to head.....

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Interesting thing..... In recent action around Pavanakka, the squids either fight 1 on 1, blob like crazy or when GalMil appears with roughly even numbers, they run like little girls when Pedobear appears. Bear 12 people in fleet not on one occasion does not seem as a small number. Maybe I have limited information (I'm not always online, you know) OR you are pulling nonsense out of your butt.

OK, to be fair, sometimes, we make even bigger blob mostly cause by enthusiasm, but the last two same-sized Pavanakka fleets I was in ended in Tama trying to bait the pies instead, beacause Caldari docked.

Well I don't usually join the Cal gangs, but when I have I've yet to ever sere Caldari out numbering Gallente, so I'm really not going to take your claims seriously. Most likely what happens in these "rare" time where Caldari maybe out numbered you just once or twice was they were likely in Frigs and Cruisers and you guys ran back to your station to "ship up" like you always do then complain you get no fight.

I know last time I joined up with Caldari gang was when you guys were about to flip Pav. We had a gang full of T1 cruisers with I think 2 BCs and a bunch of dessies. That was far too much for you Gals whom already out numbered us to fight, so you guys went back and reshipped into pretty much all BCs. I remember counting more Drakes from you guys gang than we even had members in our fleet.

So please lets not talk about unicorn & rainbow stories as most of us know that Caldari rarely if ever out numbers Gal fleets these days and if they do it's certain you guys have already ran back to station to reship to make up for that 1 extra Thrasher Caldari had on their side. Roll

As for the KB thing, I wasn't aware of the alliance issue.
Deen Wispa
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#406 - 2012-02-16 20:26:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Deen Wispa
I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad sign, but the top Caldari corp killer for February is The State with 200+ kills

http://caldari.eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=1295&view=corp_kills&m=02&y=2012

Compare this to Gallente, where FDU is ranked 10th with 51 kills
http://gallente.eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=1330&view=corp_kills&m=02&y=2012

TLF for Minnie is ranked 2nd with 154 kills
http://minmatar.eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=1285&view=corp_kills&m=02&y=2012

24thIC for Amarr is ranked 9th with 106 kills
http://amarr.eve-kill.net/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=1462&view=corp_kills&m=02&y=2012

This to me, suggest there are tons of Caldari pilots who are waiting to be recruited by a corp. Certainly an opportunity there for various Caldari corps?

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#407 - 2012-02-16 20:41:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
Deen Wispa wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad sign, but the top Caldari corp killer for February is The State with 200+ kills

This to me, suggest there are tons of Caldari pilots who are waiting to be recruited by a corp. Certainly an opportunity there for various Caldari corps?

Our corp have taken on as many as we can, but it's a hell of a lot of work to train new guys and can be very frustrating at times as well. Most corps are are too tied up with their KB to take on a lot of new players that trash their l33t KB stats. I know ours is absolutely horrible looking at this point, even though I know lots of new guys are going to lose tons of ships and not kill much in return it's still very frustrating, so I can't blame corps not wanting to recruit a lot of newer guys TBH.
OldMan Gana
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#408 - 2012-02-16 22:15:02 UTC
I'm curious how FW works. Never done it, never seen it action before. How does it work? Join a Militia and then what ? Is it like the incursion channel? "Have xxxx fitted ship looking for a fleet" for example?

Love United- Hate Glazer

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Awesome Alliance
#409 - 2012-02-16 22:44:58 UTC
OldMan Gana wrote:
I'm curious how FW works. Never done it, never seen it action before. How does it work? Join a Militia and then what ? Is it like the incursion channel? "Have xxxx fitted ship looking for a fleet" for example?

It really just a free war dec.
Join - look for flashing stuff on overview and shoot it.

There are a few other advantages like the LP store and standing for your faction are easy to earn.
The LP store is however losing it's value due to excessive LP farming at the moment.

Navy Scorps will be cheaper then ROKH soon if the current trend continues.

FW info

I recommend reading Damars FW plexing guide too. A few things may have changed since he wrote it but it should still be very useful.
Hidden Snake
Inglorious-Basterds
Plexodus
#410 - 2012-02-17 12:37:31 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
Deen Wispa wrote:

Our corp have taken on as many as we can, but it's a hell of a lot of work to train new guys and can be very frustrating at times as well. Most corps are are too tied up with their KB to take on a lot of new players that trash their l33t KB stats. I know ours is absolutely horrible looking at this point, even though I know lots of new guys are going to lose tons of ships and not kill much in return it's still very frustrating, so I can't blame corps not wanting to recruit a lot of newer guys TBH.
cough cough ... was allways problem of Cali .... we fixing the problem ... 257 kills in 12 active pilots
Princess Nexxala
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#411 - 2012-02-17 17:48:45 UTC
Shocked

Hidden Snake wrote:
cough cough ... was allways problem of Cali .... we fixing the problem ... 257 kills in 12 active pilots

nom nom

Beshnu
Sphincter Inc.
Rogue Caldari Union
#412 - 2012-02-20 21:35:53 UTC
What have I missed since I've been gone?

It looks like no one is having any fun with this game anymore. Or did a majority of you forget its a game?

Tentaki
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#413 - 2012-02-20 23:46:12 UTC
Beshnu wrote:
What have I missed since I've been gone?

It looks like no one is having any fun with this game anymore. Or did a majority of you forget its a game?

confirming you are asking this subsequent to a damar post.
marketjacker
Mr. Clean Corp..
#414 - 2012-02-21 02:18:27 UTC
DEATH DEATHS!!
Bluejacket CT
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#415 - 2012-02-21 04:38:21 UTC
Cool

SLAPD - Corp Janitor

Beshnu
Sphincter Inc.
Rogue Caldari Union
#416 - 2012-02-21 23:30:45 UTC
Im sorry if I stepped on some toes but I did ask an honest question. The original post was about why caldari militia is failing. Its failing, or should I say failed, due to no one having any fun. I hear that some toons log in just to whine and moan. Maybe what would fix Caldari Militia is if you guys did something to have some fun. Why not have organized fights? I know that some of you will say that its not how the game should be played. Frankly, I'm paying to play this awesome game so I shall play it how I wanna play it. Some of the best times i had with the militia was chasing down X Gall and Val and getting good fights. A majority of the time I lost but I still had a blast. And some of the other great times were organized fights. There isnt anything wrong with it honestly. If you think about it, organized fights will allow for FCs to step and learn and the militia would some how learn to work as a team.

One of the other things that I tried to do from time to time at late nights for US TZ were just simple f**k it fleets. I told the toons to bring whatever they wanted and if they lost it then oh well. We had a fun time and went red quite a bit but thats how i started FC'ing and gaining friends and had some great laughs.

To fix what is broken, why not talk to each other about it and fix it instead of posting on the forumns about it.

Anywho.....Caldari Militia will rise again at some point and hopefully everyone has a blast again

By the way.............who has my pants?
Sun Zue
Sphincter Inc.
Rogue Caldari Union
#417 - 2012-02-21 23:55:40 UTC
Wow, were did all this hate come from? o/ X-Gal and Timmy Brewer miss some of those fun sometimes one sided drunk fights lol. ANY body who thinks this game has become a job you pay for and its no longer just in fun needs a eve brake and a beer (age depending, some people can only buy grape drink) and how fun.
Calling Chatgris an r-tard is kinda low in my but sense ALOT of people I know based the nano FC'ing after him(her). Val Erian like it not is one of the best multi boxers i have meet next to Gaven and should be given props for it. Not saying the kiss the Gal's butts but if you don't see the strong PvP base for what it is then you people are blind. If you want to improve the Cal militia then get of the forums and form a fleet, doesn't matter how big or what you bring, go out fight to win, win or lose. It doesn't matter if you lose a FAKE ship in FAKE space as long as you have a laugh and fun while you are at it. Learn from those loses an improve, face it with the proper fleet 10 people can take on 20 but only if people want to come out and have a good time.
I say if most people are have a hard time, take a brake and go pirate around black rise and placid, grab friends and gank some poor high sec nood for the tears, Heck WD IRED and kill them.

Remember when things are down, just think its a game and not the end of the world if today isn't a good day take some trashers out and t1 frigs and have a party.

BTW Beshnu you left your Pants here and your dirty underwear
Super Chair
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#418 - 2012-02-22 00:38:51 UTC
Sun Zue wrote:
Wow, were did all this hate come from? o/ X-Gal and Timmy Brewer miss some of those fun sometimes one sided drunk fights lol. ANY body who thinks this game has become a job you pay for and its no longer just in fun needs a eve brake and a beer (age depending, some people can only buy grape drink) and how fun.
Calling Chatgris an r-tard is kinda low in my but sense ALOT of people I know based the nano FC'ing after him(her). Val Erian like it not is one of the best multi boxers i have meet next to Gaven and should be given props for it. Not saying the kiss the Gal's butts but if you don't see the strong PvP base for what it is then you people are blind. If you want to improve the Cal militia then get of the forums and form a fleet, doesn't matter how big or what you bring, go out fight to win, win or lose. It doesn't matter if you lose a FAKE ship in FAKE space as long as you have a laugh and fun while you are at it. Learn from those loses an improve, face it with the proper fleet 10 people can take on 20 but only if people want to come out and have a good time.
I say if most people are have a hard time, take a brake and go pirate around black rise and placid, grab friends and gank some poor high sec nood for the tears, Heck WD IRED and kill them.

Remember when things are down, just think its a game and not the end of the world if today isn't a good day take some trashers out and t1 frigs and have a party.

BTW Beshnu you left your Pants here and your dirty underwear

I thought beshnu's girlfriend was wearing them...as she beat him Blink
ButtChugger
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#419 - 2012-02-22 03:01:05 UTC  |  Edited by: ButtChugger
bro bcuz most caldari playas rely on the ships goodnes rite they don lyk devlop the skillz cuz they noob. Minmitars Foreva!

Buff Minmatars

Gallactica
Shadows Of The Federation
#420 - 2012-02-22 11:23:25 UTC
You have never asked me Damar, and for one I'd have agreed with that rl stuff like that is out of order.

Again your wide sweeping generalisation is wrong - As SoTF is one of the biggest eu tz fw corps and you have not asked me my opinion for which you base so much of your hatred towards us makes your obsession with this a bit silly don't you think?

Other than you being a bit of an oddball I've always been complimentary towards you and your pvp skill, shame you can't act like an adult.