These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Summer 2012 Expansion - Name your top 5

First post
Author
Brazero
#261 - 2012-02-12 21:33:56 UTC
1.Remove PLEX
2.Remove PLEX
3.Remove PLEX
4.Remove PLEX
5.Remove PLEX
Lenore Leelu
Obsidian Dynamics
#262 - 2012-02-12 22:09:54 UTC
Tobias Sjodin wrote:
Tobias Sjodin wrote:
1. Complete revamp of low-sec, make it completely different, ie. outlaws cannot dock but can live in a POS, or better yet hideouts/smuggler's dens that have to be probed out. A hideout can be docked in and has access to a "black market" which allows the sale/resale of smuggler's goods. However it has no access to the legal market.

2. Make the consequences for being an outlaw more severe, yet more rewarding. Have outlaws immediately crim-flagged when they are -10, but allow for the sabotage/temporary disabling/sentry interference of gate/station guns. Incentivise the profitability of going to low-sec by having illegal ship components/rigs/5:th subsystem that cannot be acquired elsewhere (ie. prohibited in the regular market/contracts).

3. Show off the pirate status more, make the profession more attractive by letting pirates pirate bling their ships (AUR) and have space parrots(or ducks) and eyepatches.

4. Make the area of arrival around low-sec gates slightly smaller (10km) both for warp-in and warp-out. This means that travel through low-sec goes slightly faster, and makes it easier to get back to the gate; but also that you are more easily caught.

5. Make all war-declarations on pirate corps completely free, and add loyalty points for the destruction of pirate ships (the bigger the ship, the bigger the reward). To both incentivise anti-piracy, as well as to show off the status of an anti-pirate by some rank increase.

Quoting this because of how awesome I am.

+1 for space ducks!
WilliamMays
Stuffs Inc.
#263 - 2012-02-13 22:21:48 UTC  |  Edited by: WilliamMays
1. Rework incursions
  • Make the reward per hour improve in larger sites requiring more people; HQ > assault > VG
  • Change the payouts from alot of isk and some LP, to a little isk and alot of LP. That whole faucet v sink concept...

• 2. T3 frigates, small and fun, what could go wrong here? In place of interdiction nullifiers, give them a sig radius reduction sub, which makes them very difficult for ships larger than frigates to lock and shoot.

3. Industry and Mining overhaul. This is beyond past due.
  • I just filed my taxes faster than I can install a rorqual compression job
  • An untanked hulk costs nearly as much as a fleet fit maelstrom. Assualt frigates with t2 mods, which total at around 30 mil, tank better than a hulk with faction and deadspace gear, which total at around 500-600 mil.
  • Nullsec is supposed to be self sufficient? Dude, where's my trit?
  • Orcas should have short range (similar to black ops) jump capabilites, this could be standard, an addon mod, or let us stuff it in a rorqual somehow. Moving an orca around null sec to different systems is beyond annoying, I just own several and leave them in the pos. See 4 and 5

• 4. Corp/pos role mgmt and interface overhaul. Oh dear god, where to start? I typed out a long rant on each of these, but decided I should shorten and then seperated it into 4 and 5
  • Its currently impossible to do anything without giving everyone roles for everything, this leads to people creating solo/alt corps for anything important that requires real security. How is this good? You will not see my 300 bil BPO collection displayed in some thief's brag thread. Nor will some idiot "mistakenly" abort my titan build.
  • Give us a little more flexibility and security options in how we run our PLAYER OWNED stuff
  • A distinction between Player Owned Starbases and Corp Owned Starbases would be a major help with this issue, see #5

• 5. POSs and COSs Yeah, I went there.
  • Give POSs an option to be player or corp owned. Or create a different item
  • Leave the COS interface/role mgmt the way it is (let out your inner sadist), or make it player friendly.
  • POSs should require a role, but once the tower is up, everything about that tower should be that person's decision. ie roles or individuals with access, job access, hanger use
  • Blueprints should be usable from players personal or the corp hanger in system, if that player has access to the tower and array. This would give a player control over the blueprint, as opposed to being required to put it in the corp hanger and giving everyone under the sun access to steal it. Yes, you can change the roles (everyone doing production has the roles, and every director has every role) and you can lock it down (which bugs every time when you try to unlock it), but none of that would be necessary if it was in your personal hanger.

• yes 4 and 5 are the abridged versions of my rants
    Tempelman N
    Biomass Transit
    Seven Four Five
    #264 - 2012-02-14 17:09:54 UTC
    T3 FRIGS BABY!
    TO BE MORE DIRECT T3 STEALTH BOMBER CAPABLE T3 FRIGS Big smile
    Sunviking
    Doomheim
    #265 - 2012-02-14 18:05:52 UTC
    I definitely want to see Tech3 Mining/Industrial ships.

There is clearly a need for defensive subsystems, owing to the popularity of ganking them (Hulkageddon/GoonIceInterdiction).

And Tech3 Frigates.

And a reworking/boost of all Tech2 Battleships.
    Zyress
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #266 - 2012-02-14 18:28:16 UTC
    Clith wrote:
    1) Remove Level 4 missions from high sec
    2) Reduce high sec incursion payouts to 25% of the current amount
    3) Moon goo redistribution
    4) Tengu nerf
    5) Faction warfare revamp

Move lvl 5 missions to hisec
    Increase the number of incursions in hi-sec
    Move moon goo to hisec
    Nurf all Winmatar and angel Cartel ships
    Faction Warfare revamp
    Andrea Griffin
    #267 - 2012-02-14 19:23:26 UTC
    1. Fix wardec mechanics - Give Mercenaries their jobs back, jobs stolen by lame dec-shield alliances.
    2. Iterate on Faction Warfare - It has so much promise, but it was released then ignored.
    3. Enrich Low-Sec - Make it enticing, give it unique resources and features.
    4. New Ship Models - Recent new models are AMAZING, I want to see what else your art guys can do!
    5. More Ship Balancing - Remove tiers, ensure every ship has a usable role.
    Kha'Vorn
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #268 - 2012-02-14 19:31:55 UTC
    1.) Reduce incursion payouts
    2.) Lowsec risk vs reward rebalance
    3.) Give mission rats some love, give them simpler Sleeper AI and random missions
    4.) WiS
    5.) Mining love
    Skydell
    Bad Girl Posse
    #269 - 2012-02-14 19:39:39 UTC
    1: Black Ops - 5 au base review the bonuses

2: Data center missions can be reset with a reset mission. You need 10 Serpentis copper tags to run the Serpentis Data Center, you need 10 Shadow Serpentis copper tags to reset it. (put it on a timer, or not. I don't know what the drop ratios are month to month on those compared to thier lesser version, You would need to figure that out if a timer is needed and decide)

3: Vet rewards - They don't need to be game breaking, they can be Aurum or ISK based and account wide, something to say you are paying attention to loyalty.

4: An alternative source of Moon mats. Monopoly tactics create cartels. Mining isn't exclusive to Asteroid belts. There are recycled assets to off set the lack of desire to mine. There should be off sets to moon mining.

5: More loot. Don't tell us what they are, what they are for, how rare they are. Something that reclaims lost mystery to EVE.
    Sprite Can
    #270 - 2012-02-14 19:51:54 UTC
    Tiericide
    Lowsec Improvements
    T1 Cruiser balancing

Refreshing Lemon-Lime~

Inquisitor Magneto
    Imperial Academy
    Amarr Empire
    #271 - 2012-02-15 16:37:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Inquisitor Magneto
    1. luxury ships for planet/space transport and interaction missions. can use the hub as docking port.
    2. ship construction graphics & animation
    3. T3 modular battleships,T3 orca application
    4. new POS station designs.
    5. character rank pins/medal display, corporate logo option on ships
    Tekashi Kovacs
    Golfclap Inc
    #272 - 2012-02-15 23:08:27 UTC
    1. WIS 1st person CtF/Team Deathmatch so I can play an real COMPETITIVE pvp without quitting EVE

Enough of this Chessmaster Online at space -.-

2. WIS
    3. Missions overhaul (less ships, sleeper AI and EWAR everywhere in pve)
    4. More group based content, be it either pvp or pve (like incursions, but moooar)
    5. Mining overhaul
    Kein Echerie
    Doomheim
    #273 - 2012-02-17 19:27:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kein Echerie
    Brazero wrote:
    1.Remove PLEX
    2.Remove PLEX
    3.Remove PLEX
    4.Remove PLEX
    5.Remove PLEX

how about No! it will destroy the game Twisted