These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

ONE Sentence made me Re-Sub 3 accounts :D

Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#1 - 2011-09-20 05:14:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
you will simply be able to board and unboard your ship, toggling between Captain‘s Quarters and Ship Spinning mode. Your client will remember your last choice, so if you left your station while boarded, you will be boarded the next time you find yourself in a station and vice versa. Expect it on the test server soon™.

THANK YOU CCP.

Seriously and for real.

We DO need CQ eventually............... but making it optoinal until NEEDED is the damned smartest move you have made in a LONG time. Smile

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#2 - 2011-09-20 05:15:24 UTC
That's three sentences.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#3 - 2011-09-20 05:16:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
That's two sentences.

Welp, LICK me. I can't count despite calculus I guess.Twisted

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Meryl SinGarda
#4 - 2011-09-20 05:17:43 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
That's two sentences.

I can't count either, it seems! DAMN RUM ON PIRATE DAY
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#5 - 2011-09-20 05:18:49 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
That's two sentences.

I can't count either, it seems! DAMN RUM ON PIRATE DAY

ROFL....oh God it's gonna go for lack of content probably......

Meryl SinGarda
#6 - 2011-09-20 05:19:58 UTC
WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME.
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2011-09-20 05:56:49 UTC
You are far more optimistic then me, but then, I guess that having some people resub at this will show CCP its the right direction. I'll wait on extending my accounts until they actually frigging do it.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

beor oranes
Annihilate.
#8 - 2011-09-20 06:19:27 UTC
I'm still waiting until Spring to really consider leaving or not. Gives them time to put out the iterations, fix any major problems, possibly fix any minor problems and for me to figure out if its worth it.

Though saying that I'll probably resub them all next week just for the hell of it...
mkint
#9 - 2011-09-20 06:57:37 UTC
There's a good chance I'll decide on patch day itself whether to reactivate accounts or cancel mains.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Trolls Troll
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-09-20 06:59:56 UTC
still unsubbed, I see talk, and returning of things that should have never been taken away.

When I see more devs for FiS over WiS, and actual ideas on new features, then I'll decide.

+1 to CCP for taking a step in the right direction though.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2011-09-20 07:49:51 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
you will simply be able to board and unboard your ship, toggling between Captain‘s Quarters and Ship Spinning mode. Your client will remember your last choice, so if you left your station while boarded, you will be boarded the next time you find yourself in a station and vice versa. Expect it on the test server soon™.

THANK YOU CCP.

Seriously and for real.

We DO need CQ eventually............... but making it optoinal until NEEDED is the damned smartest move you have made in a LONG time. Smile

My advice would have been to wait until this feature actually went live on TQ. All too often, we've seen these bold promises made by CCP, then a while later, at expansion time, we get a mumbled apology and a vaguely worded "promise" that the feature will appear "soon" in the $_EXPANSION 1.1 patch.

Then the 1.1 patch appears without the feature, and that feature is never mentioned again.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

mkint
#12 - 2011-09-20 07:54:15 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

THANK YOU CCP.

Seriously and for real.

My advice would have been to wait until this feature actually went live on TQ. All too often, we've seen these bold promises made by CCP, then a while later, at expansion time, we get a mumbled apology and a vaguely worded "promise" that the feature will appear "soon" in the $_EXPANSION 1.1 patch.

Then the 1.1 patch appears without the feature, and that feature is never mentioned again.

And with how badly they bungled last years "excellence" initiative, and that this year's "deliver" initiative is 3/4ths bungled already, it's not worth having high hopes.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Jita Alt666
#13 - 2011-09-20 07:57:15 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

THANK YOU CCP.

Seriously and for real.

I was going to suggest the op display a little more caution in regarding CCPs promises. You sir have attempted to pour icy cold water on anything CCP say.
Luckytania
Bullets of Justice
#14 - 2011-09-20 08:15:37 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
... You sir have attempted to pour icy cold water on anything CCP say.

We will watch what they do, not what they say.

Although, to cut them that slack which is possible at this point, the tone of what they are saying is vastly improved over June/July.
Herring
Infinatech
#15 - 2011-09-20 08:19:30 UTC
Resubbed with isk to see if this promise will end up as truth or fiction. They've had me on a fiction diet for a few years now so it's hard to imagine anything else.

Jita Alt666
#16 - 2011-09-20 08:32:02 UTC
Luckytania wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
... You sir have attempted to pour icy cold water on anything CCP say.

We will watch what they do, not what they say.

Although, to cut them that slack which is possible at this point, the tone of what they are saying is vastly improved over June/July.

:golfclap:
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#17 - 2011-09-20 08:54:55 UTC
tbfh im waiting til stuff actually arrives on TQ before i run to the hills singing ccp's awesom songs. so many times does ccp say one thing and do another.

OMG when can i get a pic here

Flynn Fetladral
Tempered Aggression
Seker Matar
#18 - 2011-09-20 09:02:16 UTC
Next mass test is very soon! I expect it to on the test server in the next day or so.

Oh and we used a little officer mods. KIDDING! We used a lot of officers mods, A LOT! Because we don’t :censored: around in low-sec.

@flynnfetladral on #tweetfleet

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#19 - 2011-09-20 09:25:52 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

THANK YOU CCP.

Seriously and for real.

I was going to suggest the op display a little more caution in regarding CCPs promises. You sir have attempted to pour icy cold water on anything CCP say.

I'd like nothing more than to be enthusiastic, it's just that I've been through this exact same cycle several times now. I'll put the icy cold water away when we get the sovereignty iteration, the other 3 CQs, treaties, the faction warfare iteration, the W-space iteration, the drone space iteration, the industrial expansion, the old cyno effect, the 5th T3 subsystems, and the multitude of other features that we've been promised in exactly the same fashion as this, and then never actually seen. CCP promises such as these have an extremely low value now.

The water is particularly cold in this case in that the dev who's making the promise to give us back the things we never wanted them to remove was the one who insisted on having them removed in the first place. This does rather limit the gratitude I feel to something along the lines of how I'd feel if someone who stole my new bicycle brought it back after a few months. I'd be glad to get it back, but I wouldn't feel especially grateful.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

beor oranes
Annihilate.
#20 - 2011-09-20 09:46:34 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Stuff

You are right Malcanis but sometime in this game you need to have some blind hope that it won't get messed up again...and again. Otherwise we would all be playing WoW and be killing our braincells even faster.

I still have hope that after the years I have been playing that they will one day make mining not only profitable (without having 10 chars) and interesting. But then again I still think one day they will make Mars bars as big as they used to and drop the price.

Incidentally, I miss hearing you on on the INIT. TS, maybe I should rejoin.
12Next page