These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Mass-test feedback - February 14

First post
Author
Panthe Tek
Robox Army
#21 - 2012-02-14 21:41:50 UTC
Machine Info and Settings

OS version: Win7 64bit
CPU: i7-2600K
GPU: 2x GTX 580
RAM: 16GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 14-29fps on both clients (CPU load 45% GPU load 20-40% both cores) with only hostile ships brackets, no drones or anything else

Average FPS - Zoomed in: 20ish zoomed in, 26ish zoomed out

On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 8 the fps didnt increase much but the responsiveness of the client did. Love the overview! It builds up much faster even with "show all drones" enabled ;)

Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? yes, 2, tried to follow your advice on the dumpfile (win7 task manager rightclick create dump file), which resulted in 2GB/zipped 548MB. Too much to upload, sorry.

Did you see any problems with the UI?
I docked at the station in an Abaddon and grouped weapons, switched to a Dread, switched back to the Abaddon, when I undocked (CCP Habakuk gave the order to warp to the POS) my weapons were ungrouped once I entered space.

Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
None whatsoever! Great work guys!
Looking forward for the overview to hit TQ!
Capella Nightsong
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-02-14 21:41:54 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-930
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6970
RAM: 12GB DDR3
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 30
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 43
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
Did you see any problems with the UI? No
Akitzuki
Skyhammer Militia
#23 - 2012-02-14 21:47:37 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 64bit Home Edition
CPU: Intel Core i7 940 @ 2.93GHz 2.92 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon 6970
RAM: 6gb
How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 25-30
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 10-15
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 7
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 2
Drosstein Fitch
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-02-15 00:07:14 UTC
OS version: Win Vista Business 32 SP2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400
GPU: Intel GMA 4500
RAM: 3 GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? Low
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: [on] 12 [off] 16
Average FPS - Zoomed in: [on] 7; [off] 7
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 7
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 1; Display did not show ship warping to gate after POS shoot after aligning, BR No. 127890. I Believe the ship was picked up by Fleet warp as when I tried to get the thing to move by double clicking in space and activating the MWD I received the dialogue message "You cannot do that whilst warping". Restarted Client on hearing CCP Konflict calling targets at the gate camp (did not want to miss out on the fun).
Did you see any problems with the UI? Station Graphic not displaying Correctly BR No. 127883
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Overveiw was more responsive . Sorting on a tab in order to select ojbects was quicker, as was scrolling up and down. Switching to a different tab or loading an alternate bracket profile took a second or so to complete. Once done scrolling and filtering was again smooth.
Aesa 23r-scediv
Pig Sty
#25 - 2012-02-15 00:43:16 UTC

• OS version: Windows Vista Business 32 bit
  • CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 2.00GHz
  • GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT
  • RAM: 4gb
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): medium mostly, with some things on low or disabled

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 25, with brackets (client crashed when I was going to turn them off)
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 8.5 or so, again with brackets
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 3, about half the frame rates I usually get even inside the station and empty space but I'm never around so many other ships at once on TQ
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? I crashed twice, once waiting at the gate before anyone had jumped and once when a lot of people did just before/as the control tower was about to explode
  • Did you see any problems with the UI? No
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: It was cool to see the time dilation so dramatically. Wish I hadn't gotten podded so I'd had had the chance to do the last part at planet 1 but it was quite fun nonetheless
Stormera92
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-02-15 12:04:22 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1Ghz
GPU:ATI HD6670
RAM: 4GB
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): medium-high

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: ~60
Average FPS - Zoomed in: ~35
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?
After jumping to Poito grid started loading but not fully, result: I could see some ships fighting but most parts of the enemy fleet were invisible and targeting was also impossible. Interface, Chat and EvE Voice worked fine but my ship didnĀ“t accept commands (even after relogging).
Did you see any problems with the UI? Everything worked fine.
Ze Infidel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-02-15 16:01:30 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
RAM: 4096MB RAM 1600MHz @ 8-8-8 26

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 14
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 8
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?: 1. When warping to Planet One in Poitot
Did you see any problems with the UI?: No
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Combat was fairly lag free and user interface responded constantly.
Sneevil 2
Cognitive Horizons Inc.
#28 - 2012-02-15 17:43:55 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX
RAM: 4 GB
How many clients were you running at the same time?: 2
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): One High and one low.

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 0-20
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 0-10
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 7
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No.
Did you see any problems with the UI? No.
Switching overview tabs and toggling brackets was smoother. Had to shut down my clients once because they was eating up all my RAM and turning my PC unresponsive. I also had a huge desync issue. My main client on my left screen was showing my alts ship still alive and well 15 minutes after its demise, while my alts client on the right hand screen showed my alt in a pod. When i warped my alt to my main character i found him at planet 1, to where i had tried to warp my main before, while my main client still showed my main character in the middle of the battle at the gate.
Amber Fortisqueue
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-02-15 18:49:32 UTC
OS version: Win 6 Bit
CPU: Athalon X .3.10gig
GPU: ATI Radion 5570HD
RAM: 8GB

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 12.79 or there abouts.
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 13.80 with brackets or there abouts
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 3-4
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes, I d/c at the end due to a smart bomb, bug report files 127884
There was a delay jumping through thr first gate. Docking and undocking was slow but t/d was in effect between 10- percent. The fight was stable, slow when we first landed but the client wnet faster when the client kicked off. The only issue I experienced all night was an invalid packet error when I undocked and I d/c'ed at the end of testing due to a smart bomb. However, these points have also been mentioned in the bug report, logs were attached.
Kasha Belle
On your Left you will See Mars
#30 - 2012-02-15 19:53:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kasha Belle

OS version: Win 7 64
CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2 (3ghz oveclocked)
GPU: Ati 5850
RAM: 4gb
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): med

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 15 ish
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 34
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 1 Initally - was not in test systems however
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: UI was responsive
Previous page12