These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Ferox pilot Help!?

Author
Yoma Karima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-02-15 17:23:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Yoma Karima
Ok I just bought my first Battlecruiser(note i do have a large stokpile of cruisers before i did this) a Ferox for 33mill as i have zero missle skills and a Drake would have left me near broke, but i cann't equip the Ferox with a 30k blaster set up yet. Should I

A)Let the Ferox sit in my Hanger Untill my skills are up to pair and continue denking around in cruisers

B) Equip it the best i can and run missions to get experience piloting it.

C) Bought the Drake instead and start training missole skills, continue to Dink around in cruisers.

D)Stayed in the Cruiser class like a good noob

E)Made a huge mistake even going for hybride guns in the first place and should log off eve and go play with Build a Bears.

Those who wish to end War wish to end what it means to be human. Those who advocate War do not know its power. Yet Those who learn from War will be remembered for all time.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-02-15 17:38:38 UTC
At this stage, D is probably the right answer. It sounds like your skills and wallet aren't really quite ready for a BC yet.

And why exactly do you want to use Hybrids? (honest question, trying to figure out if there's a reason they're significant to you or if they were just what you had)
Yoma Karima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-02-15 17:42:04 UTC
mxzf wrote:
At this stage, D is probably the right answer. It sounds like your skills and wallet aren't really quite ready for a BC yet.

And why exactly do you want to use Hybrids? (honest question, trying to figure out if there's a reason they're significant to you or if they were just what you had)

mostly hybrids are just what i had and if you can WMD into rang a Moa can Mangel a lot of other types of ships if blasters are equiped.

Those who wish to end War wish to end what it means to be human. Those who advocate War do not know its power. Yet Those who learn from War will be remembered for all time.

GF07M8
#4 - 2012-02-15 17:45:45 UTC  |  Edited by: GF07M8
Dear Niatiale*,

This is a poor troll and thinly veiled whine. Please try harder in the future.

Thanks,
The Forum Community

*Main of this posting alt.
Soporo
#5 - 2012-02-15 17:57:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Soporo
Sounds like you're doing missions. You'll want Rails, not Blasters for that most likely.

Yes, Rails are ok now, not the failRails they used to be, so stick with guns if you like them as (later) you will be using them in pvp. Only problem you'll have as a low sp Caldari hybrid user is trying to use the Rokh for lvl 4's, maybe train up for Gallente Battleships when you start looking at doing lvl 4's (Domi, etc), or if you want to use the Rokh a cap booster is pretty much required.

Still, as a cald missioner, it's not a bad idea to train up SOME missile skills as most cald gun boats have one or two slots for missiles as well.

Don't bother with Battlecruisers till lvl 3's.

[Ferox, PVE]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II
Damage Control II

Shield Boost Amplifier II
Medium Shield Booster II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
10MN Afterburner II

250mm Railgun II, Javelin M (Or Spike, or normal t1 ammo)
250mm Railgun II, Javelin M
Assault Missile Launcher II, Trauma Fury Light Missile

Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x5

Not perfect, I just threw this fit together, but it will work fine, this will give you an idea of what modules to work toward. Just use Afterburner to dictate range, T2 Drones are highly important for frigs, as you may know.
ps: might be a troll, but it might help some n00b anyway.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Yoma Karima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-02-15 18:03:04 UTC
GF07M8 wrote:
Dear Niatiale*,

This is a poor troll and thinly veiled whine. Please try harder in the future.

Thanks,
The Forum Community

*Main of this posting alt.

Why are you talking to my Boss?

Yoma Karima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-02-15 18:16:13 UTC
Soporo wrote:
Sounds like you're doing missions. You'll want Rails, not Blasters for that most likely.

Yes, Rails are ok now, not the failRails they used to be, so stick with guns if you like them as (later) you will be using them in pvp. Only problem you'll have as a low sp Caldari hybrid user is trying to use the Rokh for lvl 4's, maybe train up for Gallente Battleships when you start looking at doing lvl 4's (Domi, etc), or if you want to use the Rokh a cap booster is pretty much required.

Still, as a cald missioner, it's not a bad idea to train up SOME missile skills as most cald gun boats have one or two slots for missiles as well.

Don't bother with Battlecruisers till lvl 3's.

[Ferox, PVE]
Damage Control II

Medium Shield Booster II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
10MN Afterburner II

250mm Railgun II, Javelin M (Or Spike, or normal t1 ammo)
Assault Missile Launcher II, Trauma Fury Light Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x5

Not perfect, I just threw this fit together, but it will work fine, this will give you an idea of what modules to work toward. Just use Afterburner to dictate range, T2 Drones are highly important for frigs, as you may know.
ps: might be a troll, but it might help some n00b anyway.

Thanks for the load out i'll try it when i have the skills to outfit theis items.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#8 - 2012-02-15 18:19:45 UTC
Two things about that fit: First off, use hardeners that match the rats you're fighting (it requires you to not be lazy, but it improves your tank a lot). Second, CCC rigs are typically much better than SMCs. They don't let you run your modules for as long before your cap runs out, but they recharge your cap much faster when you do run out (which is the more important thing in general).
Soporo
#9 - 2012-02-15 18:23:38 UTC
Yeah, I know, but I often omni things with resist bonuses like Ferox and NH because I AM lazy. Smile And 4 minutes of cap with AB, 5 without is plenty for me. As I said it will give him an idea for what modules to work toward.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Mavnas
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-02-15 21:21:05 UTC
Why would you active tank a Ferox? It's like a drake except with failguns instead of missiles. The tank is pretty much the same.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-02-15 22:01:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Fredfredbug4
I haven't really paid much attention to railguns since crucible (too busy using gallente a bit) but isn't the Ferox one of the worst or at least sub-par battlecruisers? Or did Crucible actually make these things better.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Liam Mirren
#12 - 2012-02-15 22:03:24 UTC
Drake will be more effective but you do get style points for using a rail Ferox (and focussing on hybrids rather than missiles). Here's a few fits fit that will work just fine, just replace with named where you need to.

[Ferox, passive]

Large Shield Extender II
Heat Dissipation Field II
Ballistic Deflection Field II

250mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge M
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Core Defence Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5

[Ferox, active]
Tracking Enhancer II

Pithi C-Type Small Shield Booster

Small Nosferatu II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

drdxie
#13 - 2012-02-16 00:03:53 UTC
I trained a toon for rails a long time ago, by the time I got to trying lvl4's in a rokh with t2 rails I was a very disappointing pilot. Switched to missiles and have never looked back. I have since used lasers and AC's/arties, and rails have been the worst experience by far.

Switch to missiles if you plan to stay Caldari and avoid frustration, My 2 isk worth

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Yoma Karima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-02-16 03:26:32 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
I haven't really paid much attention to railguns since crucible (too busy using gallente a bit) but isn't the Ferox one of the worst or at least sub-par battlecruisers? Or did Crucible actually make these things better.

Yes the Ferox is the caldari teir 1 BC but it costs me less to buy on and run missions with it than a drake.

That aside anyone have a blaster set up for me as i already know the pore DPS reality of using railguns.

Cephelange du'Krevviq
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#15 - 2012-02-16 05:35:06 UTC
Never used blasters in PvE, myself, but here's a basic suggestion:

[Ferox, Blaster PvE]
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Stasis Webifier II
10MN Afterburner I