These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Mass-test feedback - February 14

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2012-02-14 19:45:04 UTC
Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 14th February, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

Machine Info and Settings

• OS version:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • RAM:
  • How many clients were you running at the same time?
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high):

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out:
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in:
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome)
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?
  • Did you see any problems with the UI?
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

sarab Kouvo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-02-14 20:12:54 UTC

OS version: windows 7 64 bit
CPU: i5 2500k
GPU: ati hd5870
RAM: 8GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: ~45-60
Average FPS - Zoomed in:30
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome)5
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes I disconnected and crashed when everyone cynoed and jumped through the first gate
Did you see any problems with the UI? not from what i saw
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc
lich'aa
Borderland of Soul
#3 - 2012-02-14 21:07:38 UTC
old system, but the usual performance until :

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out:

After jump into Poitot, basically was enuched. Just background up, no ships, nothing in overview and right click only showed info settings (no planets, etc). Clicking on background did not move ship. I turned on all defenses, and reloaded, but that was all I could do....besides take damage. I setup autotarget back to 1, but never saw a target while a few shot at me. I setup autopilot for station in X-BV98 but nothing moved. Left behind on move to Planet 1, I was attacked by the riffraft. Max FPS the entire time, which is unusual for this older system (normally floats at just doable - new system coming on line RSN).

Well, it was different :-)
Aestivalis Saidrian
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#4 - 2012-02-14 21:12:50 UTC
Same thing as Lich'aa. Cept, I didn't have the chance to zoom out at all, with or without brackets.

FPS was a steady 1-2.5 though I think that might be on the fault of this machine as there are multiple problems with it.
Char Mendar
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-02-14 21:14:49 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 64 bit Professional
CPU: Phenom ii x4 @ 3.2ghz
GPU: EVGA GTX460 SC
RAM: 4GB 1333 cas 9
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: ~20
Average FPS - Zoomed in: ~30-40
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): I've never had any problems on tranquility because the systems I'm in are relatively empty, so it was noticebaly worse in the test
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? My client froze/crashed as the POS exploded
Did you see any problems with the UI? No
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
Other than the podders, it was amusing trying to jam the CCP folk :x
Jacob Straven
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-02-14 21:15:26 UTC

• OS version: Win Vista x32
  • CPU: Intel Core2Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz
  • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4570
  • RAM: 4GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 50-60
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 15-20
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 8
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
  • Did you see any problems with the UI? some graphical glitching when changing window focus. Havent been able to catch it on a screen shot yet
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Nice test, I hope docking mechanics are next on your hit list!!

Kirtar Makanen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-02-14 21:15:50 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Professional x64
CPU: Intel Xeon L5640 @ 3.84 GHz
GPU: GTX 460 1 GB
RAM: 6 GB
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low (Optimize for performance preset)

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 40
Average FPS - Zoomed in: 40
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): I used different settings, so n/a.
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
Did you see any problems with the UI? No
Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: N/A
Sig Karillion
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-02-14 21:16:03 UTC
OS version: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: i7 Q820 @ 1.73GHz
GPU: nVidia Quadro FX880m
RAM: 12GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 30-45
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome)7
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes I disconnected and crashed when everyone cynoed and jumped through the first gate ? Yes but only on 1 client
Did you see any problems with the UI? No issues

This test seemed way better in-terms of performance and response than the last test I participated in.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-02-14 21:16:06 UTC

• OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
  • CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
  • RAM: 2048MB RAM
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): medium

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: better than last masstest
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: better than last masstest (15ish-30)
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) : 9 (in comparison with TQ, it's better)
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? none, frequent client freezes though, esp. when switching overview tabs
  • Did you see any problems with the UI? TiDi on rare occasions affects the UI animation but quickly returns to it's normal state after 30secs or so, broadcasted targets are not in sync with the actual objects/ships (ex. 2 different targets pointed to the same ship during the fight)
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: impressive improvements on the overview and brackets, far lighter than current TQ, if the freezes when switching overview tabs are fixed, it would be perfect :)

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

PT109
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-02-14 21:20:01 UTC  |  Edited by: PT109
OS version: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: i7 Q820 @ 1.73GHz
GPU: nVidia Quadro FX880m
RAM: 12GB
How many clients were you running at the same time? 2

User Experience

Great FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 30-45
On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome)7
Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes I disconnected and crashed when everyone cynoed and jumped through the first gate ? Yes but only on 1 client
Did you see any problems with the UI? No issues

This test seemed way better in-terms of performance and response than the last test I participated in. Overview seemed more responsive than I remembered in the last test.

Good stuff Big smile

Oh yeah, I would have sung that Bonnie Tyler song for the Concord BS Lol
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#11 - 2012-02-14 21:20:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Not sure of exact system specs as I am visiting a friend in Florida who is a Network Admin...so I'm on a "hella machine" with 3 vid cards and monitors.

Running 1 client at all high graphics.

Brackets were off.

In space I had 59 fps when flying. Around the ship blobs I had 30 fps out and 19 in. During battle I had 9 out and 4 in.

After the tower went down, someone turned on 2 cynos or something and my fps dropped to 1, yes one. And the ships around me were white silhouettes.

Got ganked during the fleet fight, and while flying to gate in pod, pod warped in reverse graphic backwards.

I have NO idea where the log server file is on this machine. I hope someone has one with these similar effects on it. I'm sure they do.

Except for when those cyno's, or whatever they were went off, everything was a lot better than the mass test I did a few months ago.

I'll be better prepared with a log file on my own machine next time.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Galub
Guild of Discordant Gods and Allied Swindlers
#12 - 2012-02-14 21:27:22 UTC

• OS version: Windows 7 64bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2300
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 560
  • RAM: 8gb
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience
[list]
  • Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 38fps
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 23fps
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes. One crash to desktop when we were forming up at X-BV98 gate in FD-MLJ
  • Did you see any problems with the UI? No

• Switching between overview tabs was somewhat slow. Overall performance was good.
    skitso juggalo
    Brutor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #13 - 2012-02-14 21:27:44 UTC
    OS version: Windows vista ultimate
    CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad - core 2.51GHz
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4800
    RAM: 4.00 GB
    How many clients were you running at the same time? - 1
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) - 6
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? - yes after cyno jumping to ccp konflict, during pos bash and during fight
    Did you see any problems with the UI? - no
    it was a bit laggy at some points
    Era'kanath
    Zebra Corp
    Goonswarm Federation
    #14 - 2012-02-14 21:27:59 UTC

•OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    •CPU: AMD Phenom II 4x 955 Processor
    •GPU: ATI Radeon 5770 xxx Edition
    •RAM: 6144 MB RAM
    •How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
    •Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Highest
    User Experience

•Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 3
    •Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2.5fps
    •On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 1
    •Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? I crashed once, just before the destruction of the POS
    •Did you see any problems with the UI? No, but when I warped to the station (incleuding the one in 6-C) there were no textures, just White.
    •Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:

I can understand testing TiDi, but it wasnt menchoned in the testing' feels like the nodes werent strengthened like they ussualy are (or so they seem), still a test none-the-less and it went well =o

"The more we sweat in peacetime, the less we bleed in war."

Sirhan Blixt
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation
    #15 - 2012-02-14 21:35:02 UTC

• OS version: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
    • CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz
    • GPU: nVidia GTX 560-Ti (1.25 GB RAM)
    • RAM: 16 GB
    • How many clients were you running at the same time? 3
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high on all w/ HDR enabled

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: significantly lagged, mouse movement jerky, low framerate, but controls generally responsive
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: less laggy, mouse smoother, same rapid control response
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 8
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? each client crashed out (crash-to-desktop) at least once during either the POS shoot or the gatecamp melee later.
    • Did you see any problems with the UI? On one client, I lost the ship and had to go back to a station for a new one. With station environment turned off, in-station UI was flashing and jerking intermittently, and I could not use it. Had to click Red X (Stop) button in window to shut down client.
    • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Holy Forever Undock, Batman! Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised by how much responsive it was compared to Dominion-era lag.
    Scoggs117
    Revenant Industrial Werks
    #16 - 2012-02-14 21:35:14 UTC

• OS version: Win7 64-bit
    • CPU: Intel i7 2600k @4.6GHz
    • GPU: EVGA/Nvidia GTX580SC
    • RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 60
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 20
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 3
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes, 2
    • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: My friend's system locked up multiple times and he lost his ship.

Kexben
    Multispace Technologies Inc
    #17 - 2012-02-14 21:35:24 UTC
    CCP Habakuk wrote:
    Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 14th February, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

• OS version: XP sp3
    • CPU: 3.0gz dual core
    • GPU: 4850
    • RAM: 4GB
    • How many clients were you running at the same time? 2

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 30
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 5
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? twice. once on the pos bash and once on the fleet fight.
    • Did you see any problems with the UI? none

McGringo
    #18 - 2012-02-14 21:35:40 UTC
    CCP Habakuk wrote:

• OS version: Win XP SP3
    • CPU: 2 Ghz
    • GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
    • RAM: 2GB
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): All low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 7-9 FPS
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 3 FPS
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) Haven't any experience
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
    • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: with time dilation it worked quite ok, little better then previous tests at least.

McBorsk
    #19 - 2012-02-14 21:37:38 UTC
    CCP Habakuk wrote:

• OS version: XP sp3
    • CPU: 8400
    • GPU: 4850
    • RAM: 4gb
    • How many clients were you running at the same time? 2

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 30
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 5
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? twice. on pos shoot and on fleet fight.
    • Did you see any problems with the UI? nada

Gaia Ma'chello
    Photosynth
    #20 - 2012-02-14 21:41:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Gaia Ma'chello

OS version: OSX 10.6.8
    CPU: Intel core i7
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
    RAM: 8 gig
    How many clients were you running at the same time? One

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: NA due to bug
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: NA due to bug
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) For those parts of the test I was able to do: 6
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No, but did have the big bug described below
    Did you see any problems with the UI?

Big bug: After the first jump I had a view of the nebulae, the windows (which seemed to work) and an empty overview. No ships showed, not even the ghost of my own, no brackets (I had them on), no sun, no gate. I could chat. Eventually CCP Konflikt did a fleet warp. Nothing apparent happened other than the fleet warp message appearing on my screen. I then quit and re-logged. On re-entering the game I found my ship apparently had warped to the station.
    On the next gate jump leading to the PvP section, exactly the same thing happened. I sat out the fight in the off chance the issue would resolve, or someone might shoot me. I could look at a planet in planet view. I could issue a "launch drones" command, but drones did not actually launch. I did double click in space and turn on the microwarp. The microwarp seemed to be doing something, it used up cap. But space was still empty and the overview still said "nothing found". After the cease fine I re-logged again. On returning to the test I found my ship had flow 150 km away. Apparently I could navigate, and the microwarp had to have been working. (Was flying a Hyperion.)

After the test I jumped through a gate 2 times. It worked fine. Apparently it takes a big fleet jump, one that triggers traffic control, to get the bug.

Bug report 127878, made after the first jump while the bug was active, and edited for more info after then test.

Don't put this on TQ until you find and fix that bug, or you will have many unhappy players. Also: Did not get this bug last mass test.
    12Next page