These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Implant strength increases over time

Author
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#1 - 2012-02-14 17:13:48 UTC
Implants start with the bonuses they give right now when you plug them into your head.

Implant strength increases 0.27% / day (1.0/365.0) to a maximum of double their current strength

So if you manged not to die in a year your implant bonuses will be double.

OPTIONAL : Only combat implants affected as it might throw off the industry implants and those characters will usually don't stick their head out anywhere.

OPTIONAL : Does not affect attributes Perception, Wisdom etc

OPTIONAL : Implants start at 50% strength

OPTIONAL : Jump cloning resets timers

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-02-14 17:34:28 UTC
You really, really, really need to just stop posting.

And why on earth do you think this would be a good thing?
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#3 - 2012-02-14 17:38:03 UTC
mxzf wrote:

You can explain to me why i should listen to anything a troll says in 36h when we're at war.
Emperor Salazar
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#4 - 2012-02-14 18:01:33 UTC
Lucjan wrote:
mxzf wrote:

You can explain to me why i should listen to anything a troll says in 36h when we're at war.

OMG INTERNET SPACESHIP TOUGH GUY GONNA WAR DEC YOU MXZF! TAKE COVER

this idea is crap and you should feel bad for posting it
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#5 - 2012-02-14 18:24:07 UTC
Explain to us why this is a good idea. Because I'm currently leaning towards "no, this will further discourage PvP for more skittish and/or min-max players. "
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#6 - 2012-02-14 18:36:07 UTC
Lucjan wrote:
mxzf wrote:

I will give 50 million ISK to anyone who kills Lucjan (in a decent ship), from this date forth, and posts the link here or Pms me with it. If it's shiny I'll send you more. This is for every ship of his they kill, if you pod him and he has nice implants, I'll send 100m, more if it's a full pirate set.

Anyway, this is a bad idea. Only idiots lose crystals/slaves in high/low sec, so now we have 5500k DPS maelstroms and 300k EHP lokis. I'll pass.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#7 - 2012-02-14 18:38:04 UTC
This is an awful idea. It discourages pvp, and lets you do absolutely ******** things like double strength slaves.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#8 - 2012-02-14 18:39:54 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Lucjan wrote:
mxzf wrote:

OMG INTERNET SPACESHIP TOUGH GUY GONNA WAR DEC YOU MXZF! TAKE COVER

this idea is crap and you should feel bad for posting it

Lol, I just about fell off my chair laughing at this post.
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#9 - 2012-02-14 18:45:17 UTC
Disrespect deserves a reprisal.
Thank you for your constructive criticism now if you two would stop rubbing each other...
Haha troll bullies.

Not you, Shah your point was well put.

I do not believe this will discourage anything because the ISK value of the implant put on is still the same and that you can not sell it. (Unless you sell your character i guess)

This will just give bonuses to people who manage to survive the longest.
Will give carebears a slight advantage if they find themselves in a combat situation for the first time..ever.
There is loads of pros and cons.
Emperor Salazar
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#10 - 2012-02-14 18:48:26 UTC
Lucjan wrote:
Thank you for your constructive criticism now if you two would stop rubbing each other...
Haha troll bullies.

I do not believe this will discourage anything because the ISK value of the implant put on is still the same and that you can not sell it. (Unless you sell your character i guess)

Will give carebears a slight advantage if they find themselves in a combat situation for the first time..ever.

get out with your terrible ideas

also please don't war dec, me, such an action would be devastating to me
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#11 - 2012-02-14 18:51:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Simi Kusoni
Emperor Salazar wrote:
also please don't war dec, me, such an action would be devastating to me

I'd watch out, his corp has apparently been agitating large alliances in 0.0 since 2007. With over 700m ISK in kills, and double that in losses, I have no reason to doubt his competence as a valid threat to this "test" alliance of yours.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#12 - 2012-02-14 18:54:43 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Lucjan wrote:

Actually... this is exactly the problem. What's to stop a PvPer from plugging in some implants and jump cloning to a new body while the implants "mature"?

Or what is to stop a person from just switching to primarily using an alt while the implants' stats increase?

It encourages people to delay going out to PvP until the implants are "ready" so that every last % of the bonus can be used to the player's advantage.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#13 - 2012-02-14 19:04:42 UTC
Lucjan wrote:
Disrespect deserves a reprisal

Poorly thought out ideas don't deserve respect though. When people post well thought out posts either asking a question or posting an idea, they get respectful and constructive responses (even if it is constructive criticism). When people post poorly thought out ideas which would be very bad for Eve (and especially when there have been dozens of similar ideas posted that have been shot down), they deserve to be (and will be) ridiculed and trolled some.

Eve isn't a nice place for people who don't bother thinking, but it is a spot where intelligent people are welcomed. If you don't want to be trolled, don't post stupid things; that's really all there is to it.
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#14 - 2012-02-14 19:49:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucjan
ShahFluffers wrote:
Lucjan wrote:

Actually... this is exactly the problem. What's to stop a PvPer from plugging in some implants and jump cloning to a new body while the implants "mature"?

Or what is to stop a person from just switching to primarily using an alt while the implants' stats increase?

It encourages people to delay going out to PvP until the implants are "ready" so that every last % of the bonus can be used to the player's advantage.

Valid points.
Jump cloning could reset these timers as was stated in the optional rule. And because of your point, that should no longer be optional and be enforced.

And this was also mentioned,

OPTIONAL : Timers stop when you don't pay for your subscription like skills.
2manno Asp
Death By Design
#15 - 2012-02-14 19:52:45 UTC
two reasons this won't happen:

1. it serves to increase a known problem, which is the growing gap between skilled players and new players. this is a problem ccp is trying to resolve, not exacerbate.

2. it doesn't make ccp more money. now if instead your implants lost efficacy at the rate of 1/365/day, then you'd be talking thier language.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-02-14 23:54:53 UTC
Lucjan wrote:
Implants start with the bonuses they give right now when you plug them into your head.

Implant strength increases 0.27% / day (1.0/365.0) to a maximum of double their current strength

So if you manged not to die in a year your implant bonuses will be double.

OPTIONAL : Only combat implants affected as it might throw off the industry implants and those characters will usually don't stick their head out anywhere.

OPTIONAL : Implants start at 50% strength

OPTIONAL : Jump cloning resets timers

so, under YOUR reasoning, the older my computer gets, THE BETTER IT IS! OMG i should totaly go unpac my 20-year old apple comp.

NO, this si NOT how electronics work in ANY universe, electronics if ANYTHING wear DOWN over time, a sad fact we can overlook in eve by coming up with soem mumbo jumbo about advanced polymers or the fact they are cybernetics.

tl;dr this idea is terrible, makes no sense, and really would only serve to make people AVOID combat for as long as possible (making your combat implants rather useless, eh?)
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2012-02-15 00:30:16 UTC
Lucjan wrote:
Haha troll bullies.

'hey, if you die, or jump clone, you lose half the bonus of your expensive implants!'

How, exactly, does this not discourage PVP?
Misanthra
Alternative Enterprises
#18 - 2012-02-15 01:07:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Misanthra
so dedicated armour super pilots who on the average don't die much get uber slave boosts in year. Kind of defeats the crucible super nerf. And just a slightly massive imba to further make shield supers irrelevant, they have no set bonus implants (crystals no worky outside of sub caps).

and lets talk about sensor strength implants. CCP nerfed unprobable. This either brings it back (hg talons for say a tengu double strength would fix that ratio again) or ccp will say no boost for you. Would be the latter most likely. If my hg talons can't get boosts, I am taking your slaves down too with a big ole -1 lol.

And wait, there's more. virtues. year later and any attempt to hide all them nice ded's with the new invuls is wasted. Covert ops 5, astro skills 5...and double strenght virtues. You'll find stuff with 1 probe lol. PVP as well.....now no skill involved in finding ships at that point. Those with virtue'd probe alts either know how to clear camps pretty damn good or don't exactly run these on suicide ship and pod will die cyno runs lol.
Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-02-15 01:20:27 UTC
This idea is bad and you should feel bad.

Your idea is fail and you are fail too.

Can I has wardec now

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

Tidurious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-02-15 01:38:37 UTC
Um, no. Terrible idea in a bad post. By a player of questionable intellect. I'll leave it at that.
12Next page