These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Multiple Fittings...

Author
Dmw882
Kinship
The Initiative.
#1 - 2012-02-14 18:20:55 UTC
At the moment you can only open one fitting from a chat window, for example somebody links a fit and you click it to view the fit, now you click to view a second fit and it overwrites the first fit window you had open.Cry
It used to be like this back in incarna but just after crucible you were able to click a fit and then click a second fit and it would open in a seperate windowBig smile, i really liked this..... what happened to it.... CCP bring it back please! it made the game just that little bit nicer!
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-02-14 18:27:25 UTC
Are you sure? I was pretty sure that just a couple weeks ago I'd opened multiple fittings from chat at once. When was the last time you tried it?
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-02-14 19:22:21 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Are you sure? I was pretty sure that just a couple weeks ago I'd opened multiple fittings from chat at once. When was the last time you tried it?

I'm pretty sure I did this just about a week ago when people were linking different pvp tengu fits.
Dmw882
Kinship
The Initiative.
#4 - 2012-02-14 23:38:23 UTC
yeah, just had a corpie link two fits for a tengu and when i opened the second it overwrote the window for the first, for a bit after crucible as i said it would have just opened the second as a second window which i really liked
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#5 - 2012-02-14 23:53:50 UTC
Try hitting Shift when you click on the 2nd fitting link or disable the 'Try to Use Existing Info Window if Any (Except if Shift is Pressed)' option in the ESC > General Settings tab.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

NiGhTTraX
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-02-14 23:59:58 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
Try hitting Shift when you click on the 2nd fitting link or disable the 'Try to Use Existing Info Window if Any (Except if Shift is Pressed)' option in the ESC > General Settings tab.

You sir, deserve a beer for that.

If you're gonna post here thinking your idea is the greatest thing since bacon and that it will save EVE and possibly all humankind with it, you're gonna have a bad time.

Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#7 - 2012-02-15 00:08:11 UTC
Also, with general info windows liks skills, ships, etc, if one replaces the other you will notice small backward and forward navigation arrows up in the top right of the window so you can move between them.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Tidurious
Blatant Alt Corp
#8 - 2012-02-15 01:55:07 UTC
This ^^
Dmw882
Kinship
The Initiative.
#9 - 2012-02-22 06:58:05 UTC
i shall try this immediatly.... if this works my dear sir i shall raise a pint in your honour tonight!