These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Reduce Technetium demand

Author
Wolodymyr
Breaking Ambitions
#1 - 2012-02-10 21:00:50 UTC
OK I went through 5 pages of Features and Ideas as well as the commonly proposed ideas and didn't see this, so here goes.

Reduce the consumption of Technetium products in T2 component blueprints to reduce the market demand of Technetium, which will bring Technetium prices more in line with other R32 moon minerals.

I honestly think PoCo based sov is a good idea https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1417544

Katalci
Kismesis
#2 - 2012-02-11 02:17:56 UTC
Let's alter the game every time players do something that affects the world in a way that you don't like.
Wolodymyr
Breaking Ambitions
#3 - 2012-02-11 17:45:33 UTC
This is not some player created thing.

This isn't the Gellente ice interdiction. It's blowing up the incursion mothership with T1 cruisers. It's not the PLEX market going up to 500 mil each. It's not even that Mexalon speculation bubble from a few years back.

Tech moon goo prices are high because the Technetium consumption rate is way out of whack compared to other R32 moon minerals.

Yeah if this a tactical masterstroke by some sort of warrior economist who managed to gather up all the tech moons into a price fixing cartel while shouting, "He who controls the Technetium controls the universe!" Then I'd have a lot more respect for the price of Technetium.

But no this is a byproduct of game mechanics and it should be adjusted through game mechanics.

I honestly think PoCo based sov is a good idea https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1417544

Ceasar Agustus
Gun Runners Inc
Antisocial Social Club For Tax Reduction
#4 - 2012-02-12 02:47:37 UTC
Simple Fix.

Tie moo goo to IHUB's and Orbital Enhancers.

IHUB = Determains the volume for the entire solar system.

L1 = 10%
L2 = 25%
L3 = 40%
L4 = 70%
L5 = 100%

% Based on current cycle output of 100

Orbital Enhancer = Determines the desired moon goo

Much like a Custom Office works now a Orbital Enhancer would need to be built, transported, anchored and given the appropriate upgrade to determine what element is to be enhanced. (The harvesting and silos need not be changed)

This would remove the static location of high end moons, give alliances something new to fight over, stop the monopoly over these minerals from huge alliances and make industrial corporations who can accomplish this task more desirable.

Like PI it could be transitioned to so the big fat moon holders do not cry too loudly about losing income since they just need to upgrade what they already have if they wish to continue producing the material.
King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#5 - 2012-02-12 03:40:32 UTC
I have a better idea: delete moon mining and replace it with ladar sites with new roid types. AFK resource farming is and always has been poor game design. Yes, PI sucks too but it's less problematic to the rest of the game.

[u]Fireworks and snowballs are great, but what I really want is a corpse launcher.[/u]

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-02-12 04:58:50 UTC
As a holder of 2 personal tech moons, I dislike this idea.
Wolodymyr
Breaking Ambitions
#7 - 2012-02-12 06:35:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Wolodymyr
Ceasar Agustus wrote:

L1 = 10%
L2 = 25%
L3 = 40%
L4 = 70%
L5 = 100%

This would still leave tech moons with a disproportionately high consumption rate compared to other R32moons. Yes it would drive down the individual cost but people would produce more volume and still have their high income. All it would do is devalue lowsec and NPC null moon mining where you can't drop an IHUB.

King Rothgar wrote:
I have a better idea: delete moon mining and replace it with ladar sites with new roid types. AFK resource farming is and always has been poor game design. Yes, PI sucks too but it's less problematic to the rest of the game.

Eh I kind of like PI. You can set up some planets and make a little bit of isk without having to grind. Granted passive income means less jumping random dudes mining and ratting.

You might be right though. I can't decide if passive income is a good or bad thing.

Mfume Apocal wrote:

Well thanks for your honesty.

Wolodymyr
Breaking Ambitions
#8 - 2012-02-12 06:50:23 UTC
double post

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-02-12 15:40:00 UTC
Ceasar Agustus wrote:
Simple Fix.

Tie moo goo to IHUB's and Orbital Enhancers.

L1 = 10%
L2 = 25%
L3 = 40%
L4 = 70%
L5 = 100%

% Based on current cycle output of 100

Orbital Enhancer = Determines the desired moon goo

Much like a Custom Office works now a Orbital Enhancer would need to be built, transported, anchored and given the appropriate upgrade to determine what element is to be enhanced. (The harvesting and silos need not be changed)

This would remove the static location of high end moons, give alliances something new to fight over, stop the monopoly over these minerals from huge alliances and make industrial corporations who can accomplish this task more desirable.

Like PI it could be transitioned to so the big fat moon holders do not cry too loudly about losing income since they just need to upgrade what they already have if they wish to continue producing the material.

What about lowsec and NPC 0.0 tech moons? No ihubs there, so I assume 0%?

As for replacing ti with mining, I too would like to bot tech.
King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#10 - 2012-02-12 23:15:30 UTC
Wolodymyr wrote:
Ceasar Agustus wrote:

L1 = 10%
L2 = 25%
L3 = 40%
L4 = 70%
L5 = 100%

This would still leave tech moons with a disproportionately high consumption rate compared to other R32moons. Yes it would drive down the individual cost but people would produce more volume and still have their high income. All it would do is devalue lowsec and NPC null moon mining where you can't drop an IHUB.

King Rothgar wrote:

Eh I kind of like PI. You can set up some planets and make a little bit of isk without having to grind. Granted passive income means less jumping random dudes mining and ratting.

You might be right though. I can't decide if passive income is a good or bad thing.

Mfume Apocal wrote:

Well thanks for your honesty.

There is no question that if I had my way, hundreds if not thousands of players would suffer greatly economically, but it would level the playing field between sov holders and smaller groups. It would even allow genuinely new mining characters to get in on the action (bring back ninja mining!). It would make mining a viable non-bot profession once again. Moon mining has hard limits on it which we've long ago reached. It's time for a radical change in how it's done. I think active mining is the way to go no matter how many people hate the idea of actually having to undock a hulk in order to build a zealot.

I dislike PI from a philosophical game design standpoint, but I don't view it as a problem. It's basically an infinite super low end resource much like veldspar. People botting the hell out of it and afk mining it 24/7 just isn't significant to the rest to the game. As such, I may dislike it but I don't view it as an issue worthy of further discussion at this time.

Anyways, active mining falls right into your idea. An IHUB would determine ladar site spawn rate rather than yield from moons. So it's the same idea with different implementation. Obviously if I got my way and it was converted to ladar site spawns, it would be available in all of low/null sec (even w-space) just like other exploration sites. The IHUB would merely ensure a higher spawn chance than without one.

[u]Fireworks and snowballs are great, but what I really want is a corpse launcher.[/u]

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-02-12 23:44:14 UTC
King Rothgar wrote:
There is no question that if I had my way, hundreds if not thousands of players would suffer greatly economically, but it would level the playing field between sov holders and smaller groups. It would even allow genuinely new mining characters to get in on the action (bring back ninja mining!). It would make mining a viable non-bot profession once again. Moon mining has hard limits on it which we've long ago reached. It's time for a radical change in how it's done. I think active mining is the way to go no matter how many people hate the idea of actually having to undock a hulk in order to build a zealot.

I dislike PI from a philosophical game design standpoint, but I don't view it as a problem. It's basically an infinite super low end resource much like veldspar. People botting the hell out of it and afk mining it 24/7 just isn't significant to the rest to the game. As such, I may dislike it but I don't view it as an issue worthy of further discussion at this time.

Anyways, active mining falls right into your idea. An IHUB would determine ladar site spawn rate rather than yield from moons. So it's the same idea with different implementation. Obviously if I got my way and it was converted to ladar site spawns, it would be available in all of low/null sec (even w-space) just like other exploration sites. The IHUB would merely ensure a higher spawn chance than without one.

my dislike has nothing to do with it nerfing my personal income (because it wont). it's because it takes out one of the major drivers of current nullsec content. tech moons are one of the only things worth risking supercaps for.

also: managing mining bots is :effort:
King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#12 - 2012-02-13 03:55:10 UTC
Confirming POS bashing is the most fun you can have in eve. Also confirming that I would never attempt to kill a miner in low/null sec if they actually mined there. And finally I'd like to confirm that said miner's alliance would never attempt to stop me from doing so or attempt any sort of reprisal if I did.Roll

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-02-13 06:08:33 UTC
moons will need another purpose with this i thinks.
but i like the idea.
King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#14 - 2012-02-13 06:52:50 UTC
I'm all for moons serving a purpose, but I think it should be shifted away from resource gathering and over to refining and production. I'm no expert on POS's (I shun them tbh) but it's my understanding they currently don't offer much in the way of manufacturing and refining advantages over stations. If that were to change, those who love POS warfare could still have it. Could even have different moons give different bonuses to production speed of different items for example. Could also have some moons grant reduced fuel usage to any POS anchored around it or enhanced defensive capabilities. This could maintain certain moons as high value assets without them actually creating any resources directly.

I haven't thought this through, just tossing out ideas.

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-02-14 03:11:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Mfume Apocal
King Rothgar wrote:
Confirming POS bashing is the most fun you can have in eve. Also confirming that I would never attempt to kill a miner in low/null sec if they actually mined there. And finally I'd like to confirm that said miner's alliance would never attempt to stop me from doing so or attempt any sort of reprisal if I did.Roll

I have no idea wtf you are trying to say here. If you're implying that Tech moons haven't driven conflict then I'm just going to point and laugh, because that's dumb and wrong.

King Rothgar wrote:
I'm all for moons serving a purpose, but I think it should be shifted away from resource gathering and over to refining and production. I'm no expert on POS's (I shun them tbh) but it's my understanding they currently don't offer much in the way of manufacturing and refining advantages over stations.

Except building supercaps and harvesting moongoo, pretty much.
King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#16 - 2012-02-14 05:37:54 UTC
except moon mining is not manufacturing or refining now is it?

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-02-14 06:41:21 UTC
King Rothgar wrote:
except moon mining is not manufacturing or refining now is it?

i guess that just leaves supercap production!
Ceasar Agustus
Gun Runners Inc
#18 - 2012-02-15 09:22:58 UTC
Danika Princip

What about lowsec and NPC 0.0 tech moons? No ihubs there, so I assume 0%?

As for replacing ti with mining, I too would like to bot tech.

You know Danika after a great deal of thought I think its about time the low sec guys got some love....

The big alliances already have their huge isk machine in the form of rent, valuable ore's, high end ratting and station taxes.

So here is a thought... Why not just shift all those high end moons to low sec period.

I have been playing for 4 years and in the beginning of my eve career I lived in low sec for awhile and the residents there not only have to deal with nasty sec hits for fighting for the little turf they claim but the mechanics are quite different, like having to deal with gate guns and station guns.

There really is no good reason to live in low sec other than controlling a choke point or a jumping off point to null sec.

Null has no sec hits, no gate or station fire and the large alliances really would rather not deal with the turf battles since they cannot place their name on the sov.

That said why not give those guys some love :)

The idea of using IHUB's could still apply in SOV claimable space just make it NPC based upgrades at a ridiculously high price so if you really want to make T2 products at home it will make your solar system a high value target to coincide with your high value return.

As far as NPC space, nah they already get all the really good stuff mentioned above with no risk of losing sov or station docking rights. If you live in sov space you realize there is always a risk your valuables will get stuck in a station somewhere and if you undock your jump clone you cant get back easily.

NPC space guarantees certain protections like living in High Sec.

But its been a very very long time since Low Sec got any love at all !

I am sure this would make CCP happy too considering the POS bashing would no doubt create a nice sized ISK sink and if the big boys wanted to control those areas it will cost them dearly in sec hits dealing with the reinforce timers and neutrals coming in not only from Null but HS as well :)
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-02-15 09:41:27 UTC
Ceasar Agustus wrote:
words

there are quite a few tech moons located in black rise and other lowsec areas. they are mostly not owned by lowsec residents.
Ceasar Agustus
Gun Runners Inc
#20 - 2012-02-15 10:16:27 UTC
My point exactly.

Risk vs. Reward

Sov controlled space, very little risk for the moon miner with a large alliance surrounding him and so deep into enemy territory it is hard (not impossible) to get a good fleet in to capture the area.

So why bother with low sec? Why try to moon mine and defend a POS so close to High Sec when there are far better options.

However: If after generations of mining these valuable moons in deep space they was to dry up, tap out and become utterly useless then the need for rarely mined moons rich in T2 materials from generations of neglect would now get a second look Twisted

The reward is obviously great or the powers that be would not be constantly fighting over the isk faucet Shocked

So now if the tables turned those wishing to control those valued assets would now need to reconsider their warfare tactics, security rating and decide if the reward is worth the risk.

And if it was the only game in town I am quite certain even if the large alliances turned their noses up to it smaller entities would emerge, coalitions would form and war would escalate in these remote low sec pockets to bring the goods to market.

In the simplest terms it would be a gold rush!

And the low sec guys would now have even more reason to draw their swords and rally together around the new gold mine :)
12Next page