These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Long absence, small ui text still, workaround?

Author
Odano Akkori
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-09-19 20:39:11 UTC
I was hoping that in the past few years CCP would get around (unclench already!!) to letting us set a larger font size in all area's of our UI. Sadly, it still requires that I sit with my nose 12 inches from the screen to be able to make out the micro-sized text in many area's. I mean, come on! Not even hover pop-ups?!

Are there any clever workarounds yet? Or is CCP still assuming everyone is playing with 640x480 resolutions?
Mendolus
Aurelius Federation
#2 - 2011-09-19 20:40:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Mendolus
Pay for laser eye surgery like the rest of us and get 20/10 vision Lol

...clearly the Ishukone Watch Scorpion is the fifth horseman of the Apocalypse, i.e. the Brown Rider, otherwise known as Poopie.

Pyx Jasta
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-09-19 20:42:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Pyx Jasta
I got 20/15 vision from lasik :)

Oh and I'd still like to be able to change the font size. I play on my television which is across the room, even with awesome vision it's not always the easiest to make out.
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#4 - 2011-09-19 20:44:13 UTC
yo dawg i heard you like complaining.

read the dev blogs before you complain.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Vak'ran
TUIG Inc.
#5 - 2011-09-19 20:47:36 UTC
I recently got my eyes measured again. New contacts nerf most of the problem. though there will be no playing on the couch in front of the telly till fixing happened... even 20/20 vision cant help that. And I'm at 120% with perfect correction (Shite night vision though. Mixed blessing, genetics).

There has been some talk of... considerations, if I remember my lurking correctly.

Vak'Ran is your local unofficial non-dedicated part-time advocate of reading comprehension and proliferation of intelligence on the EVE Online Forums, offering advise and corrections of dubious quality since 2008.

Odano Akkori
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-09-19 20:56:48 UTC
Yeah, seems like they would have something to help those with poor eyesight. And seriously? 640x480 is a long time ago. Maybe that's the best they got at CCP.
Would explain a lot, heh.
DJ Hijak
Doomheim
#7 - 2011-09-19 21:18:42 UTC
I spoke with CCP at PaxPrime 2011 and this exact topic was discussed. Apparently now that the CARBON UI framework is in the game, they are already working on changing the font.

DJ Hijak Station Manager/Owner