These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incursions - Amarr - Abaddon or Navy Apoc?

Author
Sasha Khaine
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-02-12 23:33:26 UTC
Hi guys

I have done a lot of research as to what ship to use for incursions but can't come to a solid conclusion. I have narrowed it down to either the Navy Apoc or the Abaddon. My penultimate goal is to fly a legion and my ultimate to fly a paladin. But that's not happening for a while so am choosing between these two for now.

I can use T2 Pulse + Scorch effectively and I plan on using pulse only. My cap skills aren't as good as my gunnery skills but incursions won't have me constantly firing which eases up the Abaddons cap usage I think.

At this moment in time I am leaning more towards the Abaddon because not only is it cheaper but I do like the looks (yes im shallow xP) and the DPS seems to be higher.

My question is, is the extra HP, Range and Cap Usage on the Navy Apoc better than what the Abaddon brings?

[center]"The entire British empire was built on cups of tea... and if you think I'm going to war without one mate. You're mistaken."[/center]

drdxie
#2 - 2012-02-12 23:47:14 UTC
Maybe post your fits with some stats. If you not shooting, you warping, so be careful with your cap. Also its not only paper dps you need to worry about, if you can't track, you won't hit anything. Are you fitting for shield or amor fleet? yes, you can fit and use them for shield fleets Shocked

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

bldyannoyed
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-02-13 01:01:59 UTC
The real question is Abadonn or Navy Geddon.

The Navy Geddon basically gives you all the dps of an Abby (big ole drone bay) with none of the cap issues and plenty of low slots for 4 damage/range mods and still get the required tank.

The Abadonn is cjeaper obviously but the cap can be a real pain in the ass.

As far as the Navy Apoc goes just don't. Its DPS is **** poor and when you boil it down applied dps is pretty much all that matters in incursion fleets, assuming you arent made out of cheese.
Saul Shardani
People of the Saiya
Silent Company
#4 - 2012-02-13 03:32:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Saul Shardani
bldyannoyed wrote:
The real question is Abadonn or Navy Geddon.

The Navy Geddon basically gives you all the dps of an Abby (big ole drone bay) with none of the cap issues and plenty of low slots for 4 damage/range mods and still get the required tank.

The Abadonn is cjeaper obviously but the cap can be a real pain in the ass.

As far as the Navy Apoc goes just don't. Its DPS is **** poor and when you boil it down applied dps is pretty much all that matters in incursion fleets, assuming you arent made out of cheese.

^^ this.

I just did my first Incursion tonight and I have to say, its either Baddon or Geddon. Apoc is the 3rd of the 3 choices. Currently, my Navy Geddon has MORE EHP (101k compared to 80k) and MORE Armor HP (18000 compared to 12000) than my Abaddon and more cap stable. It does a little less DPS, but I'm willing to sacrifice DPS for Tank.

Leave the Apoc for sniper fits. Range in Incursions isn't gonna be more than 20km, sometimes maybe a little more, but not the range you need to bring with a Apoc fit.
King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#5 - 2012-02-13 03:38:52 UTC
Go with a navy geddon instead, it only costs a little more than an abaddon, does more dps and is much lighter on capacitor use. It will typically have greater buffer but with lower resists. That's not really an issue though, shame on you if it actually dies with 2-3 guardians repping it in an incursion. This is assuming you have reasonable drone skills though even without, I think it still does as much dps turret dps once you factor in the extra heatsink/TE you'll be fitting.

[u]Fireworks and snowballs are great, but what I really want is a corpse launcher.[/u]

Tyslas
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-02-13 04:01:02 UTC
Fly a Nightmare. Twisted
Isan'na
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-02-13 04:20:33 UTC
Tyslas wrote:
Fly a Nightmare. Twisted

If you're able to go shield, the Nightmare is a far superior version of the Abaddon. It has a tracking bonus, extra meds to get stasis webifiers in, and none of the cap issues.

However, if you must go armor, then the Paladin is a more skill-intensive option that combines the best of the Nightmare's damage projection and the Vindicator's web utility when fit aggressively.
King Rothgar
Deadly Solutions
#8 - 2012-02-13 19:05:37 UTC
Heh, it's been so long I actually forgot about the existence of the paladin. You're right though, 90% faction web with a loki booster is seriously pro for any sort of PvE. Navy geddon is still pretty sweet though. It hits harder at 15-50km than just about anything else.

[u]Fireworks and snowballs are great, but what I really want is a corpse launcher.[/u]