These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Color code logi remote reppers

Author
Acac Sunflyier
The Ascended Academy
#1 - 2012-02-12 09:42:03 UTC
So I've just started using logi. And I've got to say that getting in these reps on people can become very confusing. I decided that an incursion was a good place to start as a logi and then gradually work my way into a fleet fight. Better to know what I am doing now and be able to actually contribute than have people blow up while I figure out what I'm doing during a fleet fight.

while logi carebearing I realized it can be very hard to remember which remote repair device is on which ship. Here's how my time has been going so far:

"The guy who I just finished repping and no longer has aggro, did I assign him f3's repper or f1. Let's try F2. No god damn it! The vindicator who needed F2's repper just blew up! If only I could say, have F3 show up as a green repper next to the targeting icon. And F1 show up as purple. Then I could see what repper is on who."

See how this would be a good thing? What are your thoughts?
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#2 - 2012-02-12 14:05:19 UTC
You can click on the module icon that is next to the target box in the row of targets you have currently, that wll deactivate that module, it's not the most ideal situation I agree and would be nice to have some sort of way to see which module is on which target, perhaps some text confirmation when you roll over the module.

Try just clicking on the module icon next to the target box though and that should make things easier.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Velicitia
XS Tech
#3 - 2012-02-12 15:21:54 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
You can click on the module icon that is next to the target box in the row of targets you have currently...

+1

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Manuel Diaz
HelloKittyFanclub
#4 - 2012-02-12 20:21:32 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
You can click on the module icon that is next to the target box in the row of targets you have currently, that wll deactivate that module, it's not the most ideal situation I agree and would be nice to have some sort of way to see which module is on which target, perhaps some text confirmation when you roll over the module.

Try just clicking on the module icon next to the target box though and that should make things easier.

Holy crap, I never knew that. That's awesome.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#5 - 2012-02-12 20:48:31 UTC
Yeah, clicking on the module on the targeting icon is the current best way to do it, and it does work fine.

Though I wouldn't mind having a thing where it highlights the module(s) next to the targeting icon when you mouse over your item buttons at the bottom of your screen. It would also be handy for managing different groups of weapons or EWAR modules or anything else where you might fit multiple of a targeted module and use them independently.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#6 - 2012-02-12 21:45:23 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Yeah, clicking on the module on the targeting icon is the current best way to do it, and it does work fine.

Though I wouldn't mind having a thing where it highlights the module(s) next to the targeting icon when you mouse over your item buttons at the bottom of your screen. It would also be handy for managing different groups of weapons or EWAR modules or anything else where you might fit multiple of a targeted module and use them independently.

That would be a good way to do it, roll over the targetting icon and it highlights any modules that are affecting that target, would be a simple indicator.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#7 - 2012-02-12 22:35:31 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
mxzf wrote:

That would be a good way to do it, roll over the targetting icon and it highlights any modules that are affecting that target, would be a simple indicator.

I was actually thinking vice versa. Roll over the module icons and it highlights their icon at next to the target they're being used on.