These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Skill Queues for Alts

Author
Somatic Neuron
Masterwork Productions Inc
#1 - 2012-02-11 18:56:40 UTC
I would like the skill queue to extend through all characters on an account, so that you could, theoretically, set an 11 hour skill on one, a 12 hour skill on another and they still have another skill start on the third after the 23 hours of training have ended on the other two.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2012-02-11 18:59:28 UTC
Yeah, would be nice ... or if not a queue, at least the ability to say (from the alt) "yeah, pause training on [alt2|main] so I can train this skill"

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Ceasar Agustus
Gun Runners Inc
Antisocial Social Club For Tax Reduction
#3 - 2012-02-12 01:59:45 UTC
Another option is a step down system. Basically assign #1 #2 #3 in account settings.

Main runs out of queue and it rolls to the alt designated #2 then #3

This would allow people to take a vacation or not freak if the downtime for a patch went longer than expected.
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-02-12 06:49:28 UTC
I like the idea. But I am still kind of sad that I can't train multiple characters on the same account. What if two friends are trying to save money and so they share an account? What are you suppossed to do then?

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-02-12 15:42:15 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
I like the idea. But I am still kind of sad that I can't train multiple characters on the same account. What if two friends are trying to save money and so they share an account? What are you suppossed to do then?

WEll, you could try NOT violating the EULA?

Quote:

You may not share your Account with anyone, or allow anyone other than you personally (or your minor child, if you have registered an Account on behalf of your minor child) to access or use your Account. Joint or shared ownership or use of an Account by more than one user is prohibited.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#6 - 2012-02-12 19:28:17 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
I liked this post, because it's such a gem. Cool

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-02-12 19:53:29 UTC
I never said I was sharing an account. But what if someone was sharing an account with someone else?

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2012-02-12 20:24:14 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
I never said I was sharing an account. But what if someone was sharing an account with someone else?

They're not supposed to?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-02-12 20:42:16 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:

They would be violating the EULA, and that is a banable offence.

You really can't argue that a feature should be added to benefit people who are breaking the rules.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#10 - 2012-02-12 20:42:43 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:

Then they'd be violating the EULA and likely be banned.