These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Felicia Day in impressed by Eve (sort of)

Author
Boffles
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-02-11 17:26:55 UTC
Ok CCP this is the time to swing into action big style.

@felicaday wrote:

HOLY CRAP check out the character creation for Eve Online Incursion, I could spend hours doing JUST this! Amazeballs!

Felicaday Twitter

If you could convert a well known name of as certain game to eve... imagine what that would do to your street cred (see I can be hip and trendy... yo...)

Check out my latest Chronicle in EON #28 - The Soulless Pilgrim http://www.eonmagazine.co.uk/

Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2 - 2012-02-11 17:29:33 UTC
Woooo felicia!!!!!
Oh my god, I am giggling like a little girl.

I wanna date you Felicia!
Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#3 - 2012-02-11 17:30:08 UTC
I have no idea who she is or what she represents. Anyone want to fill me in?

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Boffles
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-02-11 17:34:02 UTC
She is responsible for a series call The Guild. A huge internet series that basically uses her experiences of being a wow player and onling gaming as inspiration. She also appeared in Buffy the vampire slayer, dollshouse and Doctor Horribles sing a long a blog.

In short she is the ultimate female Geek. Oh and she also stars in a Dragon age expansion and wrote and starred in spin of series on that.

I am not sure but I think I must be a fan or something ;D

Check out my latest Chronicle in EON #28 - The Soulless Pilgrim http://www.eonmagazine.co.uk/

Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#5 - 2012-02-11 17:35:24 UTC
I am just a fan of this song she made... sort of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU
Benilopax
Colonial Industries
Reckless Contingency.
#6 - 2012-02-11 17:36:15 UTC
Riley Moore wrote:
I have no idea who she is or what she represents. Anyone want to fill me in?

Gladly,

Felicia day has appeared in many American tv shows, including Buffy, Eureka, and Joss Whedon's Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. She was written and stars in her own Web series The Guild, based on mmos which she herself was an addict of for a few years. She is probably the most well known female "geek" on the internet. And can be regularly seen at Comic Con and blizz con as well as winning awards at the streamys.

It's a nice endorsement to get, even if it is for space barbies...

Benilopax
Colonial Industries
Reckless Contingency.
#7 - 2012-02-11 17:37:20 UTC
Boffles wrote:
She is responsible for a series call The Guild. A huge internet series that basically uses her experiences of being a wow player and onling gaming as inspiration. She also appeared in Buffy the vampire slayer, dollshouse and Doctor Horribles sing a long a blog.

In short she is the ultimate female Geek. Oh and she also stars in a Dragon age expansion and wrote and starred in spin of series on that.

I am not sure but I think I must be a fan or something ;D

I am afraid at how similar our two posts are...

Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#8 - 2012-02-11 17:40:27 UTC
Cheers.
Hozaah for female gamers \o/

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Boffles
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-02-11 17:42:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Boffles
Benilopax wrote:

I am afraid at how similar our two posts are...

Don't worry tin foil will stop the leakage... and Stop thinking about that ;D

btw just for context... she has 1.8 million followers on twitter who have just been told about eve

Onictus
Capital Fusion.
Pandemic Horde
#10 - 2012-02-11 17:59:21 UTC
I'd hit it.
Sweetest Kiss
#11 - 2012-02-11 18:00:07 UTC
Told ja, WiS is the next big thing in Eve, espacially if you blend it with games like The Sims. Great potential guys! More girls in Eve please :)
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#12 - 2012-02-11 18:05:32 UTC
Felicia, if you join, welcome. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-02-11 18:12:34 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
Woooo felicia!!!!!
Oh my god, I am giggling like a little girl.

I wanna date you Felicia!

And the thread becomes creepy in the very first reply. Good work.
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#14 - 2012-02-11 18:13:27 UTC
SpaceBarbie gonna get gone when she finds out that SpaceKen is a raging sociopath with automatic weapons who collects frozen corpses!

Hahahahahahahaha.
Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
#15 - 2012-02-11 18:31:04 UTC
Somebody at CCP really, really wishes they could tell space barbie haters "SEE I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BRING CHICKS LOLOLOLOLOL"
stoicfaux
#16 - 2012-02-11 18:41:48 UTC
Yes, but how long will those "chicks" stay once they realize that CQ/SpaceBarbie was cut short. Cry

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Valei Khurelem
#17 - 2012-02-11 18:43:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
Patient 2428190 wrote:
Somebody at CCP really, really wishes they could tell space barbie haters "SEE I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BRING CHICKS LOLOLOLOLOL"

lol pretty much this

and then this:

Quote:
Yes, but how long will those "chicks" stay once they realize that CQ/SpaceBarbie was cut short. Cry

That said, it's sad people are impressed by only this level of customisation, if you lot haven't already you should check out dawn of war's army painter, now THAT'S the kind of customisation I want to see in EVE Online.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Ursula LeGuinn
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-02-11 18:45:35 UTC
It's the only character creator of its kind to date, and the technology is pretty impressive.

I will now desist typing, as the only things left to say about Incarna in general are unpleasant.

"The EVE forums are intended to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere for the EVE community." — EVElopedia

Marco Tzembu
No Limit Exploration Inc.
#19 - 2012-02-11 18:45:43 UTC
Well, she needs to learn how to make a cute female avatar ShockedWhat?CoolLol
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#20 - 2012-02-11 18:53:05 UTC
Do you want to date her avatar?
She's got scars.
And her outfit isn't NEX'd enough by far.
Har har har.

Seriously though, Felicia seems a really sweet person. If she can stick around without being griefed out the damn game, that would be a positive.
123Next pageLast page