These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

re balance of the new Tier 3 Battlecruiser

Author
lordspearian
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-02-11 02:49:00 UTC  |  Edited by: lordspearian
does any one else beside me think that the tier 3 battle cruiser aren't up to par with each other

the teir 3 battle cruisers are under powered compaired to the tornado it has the ablity to deal 10k damage in one volly the other bearly deal above 4500 a volley the naga need torps or cruise bouns
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-02-11 03:00:33 UTC
Prepare for a large amount of flame, corrections, and general snide remarks about how you fail. Just a heads up.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-02-11 03:26:04 UTC

the teir 3 battle cruisers are under powered compaired to the tornado it has the ablity to deal 10k damage in one volly the other bearly deal above 4500 a volley the naga need torps or cruise bouns

the teir 3 battle cruisers are under powered compaired to the talos it has the ablity to deal 1500 DPS the tornado can only manage 630

the teir 3 battle cruisers are under powered compaired to the Naga it has the ablity to deal 500 DPS+ clear across a grid the tornado can only manage 400+ at 100km less range

the teir 3 battle cruisers are under powered compaired to the oracle it has the ablity to smack you for 900 DPS from 80km or so (I don't actually know a thing about amarr ships, someone care to weigh in?)

They all have a niche. It might be alpha, it might be very high DPS at knife fight range, or it might be sniping you from stupid range. A torp naga wouldn't be much cop against anything sub-BS, and cruise missiles are laughable. (Also, 10k volleys aren't exactly hard on a ship with 8 1400mms. Maels do it, abaddons do it, tornados do it, anything will do it.)
TrollFace TrololMcFluf
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-02-11 03:33:38 UTC
you're a idiot.
CaleAdaire
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#5 - 2012-02-11 03:44:49 UTC
TrollFace TrololMcFluf wrote:
you're a idiot.

I just like your name

Trust in God, Have Faith in Fusion.

leviticus ander
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-02-11 05:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: leviticus ander
the tornado seems OP since the tier 3 BCs are pretty useless in an actual combat situation, so they are relegated to ganking.
and because it can pretty much one shot all but the hardest mining ships it is used there mostly. the talos *might* be able to go up against it but it's a lot harder to do, and not as much of a sure thing.
EDIT: I do think that the weapon systems need a little more tweaking. that's one of the major strong points that the minmatar have is their weapon systems.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#7 - 2012-02-11 14:53:05 UTC
When you're in the engagement envelope of the ship, they're all OP (offensively, anyway). However, they're all glass cannons. Anything that gets under the guns (which is EASY, mind you) will cause much hurt to said battlecruiser.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Derth Ramir
Fight The Blob
#8 - 2012-02-11 17:54:52 UTC
leviticus ander wrote:
the tornado seems OP since the tier 3 BCs are pretty useless in an actual combat situation, so they are relegated to ganking.
and because it can pretty much one shot all but the hardest mining ships it is used there mostly. the talos *might* be able to go up against it but it's a lot harder to do, and not as much of a sure thing.
EDIT: I do think that the weapon systems need a little more tweaking. that's one of the major strong points that the minmatar have is their weapon systems.

Your a ******. Please stop talking when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Fight The Blob.