These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

for the 2nd straight friday, i get home from work and cant play eve

First post
Author
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#1 - 2012-02-11 01:18:28 UTC
Seems to be the routine now. I come home from work, click on eve. normal image pops up, then a Verification Failure notification pops up saying that my Eve client has been modified, dmged or corrupted.

Go to repair... repair doesnt work, sends error to some file that doesn't exist on my computer.

I'm seriously getting tired of trying to play this game.
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#2 - 2012-02-11 01:21:00 UTC
Failed to verify root:/manifest.dat

0 : {2148073478:Invalid Signature.} in in unknown source: bad signature for file root:/bin/ExeFile.exe, crc:67b1a167, expected:e190e294

1 : blue.BluePyOS: InitSysIncludePaths() failed
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#3 - 2012-02-11 01:22:33 UTC
It isnt DX ... so dont even suggest that.
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#4 - 2012-02-11 02:14:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Rocky Deadshot
This time, instead of uninstalling and reinstalling. I started blowing away a bunch of random programs, while running Malware bytes (still isnt done scanning, only found 1 thing so far) and i updated all the drivers for my new razer devices in the process... At some point something happened and the Eve client stop having verification errors, but still wouldnt start up the game (just acted like it was starting then closed).

Once this changed I went ahead and tried to run a repair. When repair asked me if i wanted to update it... i told it yes and it errored out, i then went back and told it no. Now it is running a repair.... so fingers crossed.

Most of the files that i blew away on my computer were either A)other games or B)Apple stuff programs that I'm really not sure how they got on and tainted my system. I'll let you make what you want out of that.
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#5 - 2012-02-11 02:28:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Rocky Deadshot
well after 16mins eve Repair finally errored out.... fml

*edit*
new error-

Couldn't load blue.dll
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#6 - 2012-02-11 04:04:30 UTC
At the end of the Repair, I get a - OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\tmpujettp.repair'
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#7 - 2012-02-11 04:06:21 UTC
Just uninstalling, when i re-install i'm putting in a long training skill and just gonna play star wars until someone can figure out how to make this game work like it has for the past 2 years....
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2012-02-11 12:11:57 UTC
Have you tried running the repair tool as Administrator?

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-02-11 13:41:23 UTC
Rocky Deadshot wrote:
At the end of the Repair, I get a - OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\tmpujettp.repair'

"Hey my file permissions are broken"

I strongly suggest installing somewhere other than Program Files and you may suddenly find out that these problems no longer happen.

Vista/Win7 are somewhat picky about that specific folder and sometimes the system can start throwing a fit. Not sure what the installer/patcher can do about it but personally I have mine at another partition just like this: H:\EVE and never have patching issues.
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#10 - 2012-02-11 14:50:48 UTC
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
Rocky Deadshot wrote:

"Hey my file permissions are broken"

I strongly suggest installing somewhere other than Program Files and you may suddenly find out that these problems no longer happen.

Vista/Win7 are somewhat picky about that specific folder and sometimes the system can start throwing a fit. Not sure what the installer/patcher can do about it but personally I have mine at another partition just like this: H:\EVE and never have patching issues.

Sent a copy to my external... repair tool is working much better. Good idea, thanks for advice