These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Be careful miners, a fraud and his corp in Goonswarm

Author
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2011-09-19 16:43:21 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:

Don't tell them that stuff. We can't scam them if they know how things work...oh wait....LOL.

Oh come on, I left you all lots of room the play with.
Besides the odds are most people have me ignored by now anyways so they aren't even reading the basics Lol
Information Agent
Apparently Miners
#42 - 2011-09-19 16:43:46 UTC
You get two oppurunites to spot a 'scam' when it comes to recruitment.

1. "Our corp is in/part of/linked to Goonswarm" = means its a scam.

2. "We need a security/logistic/holding deposit" = means its a scam.

If you managed to miss both of those and paid up, then really there is no hope for you. Shocked
kari bourza
Shield of Iron Crown
#43 - 2011-09-19 16:45:15 UTC
A fool and his money are easily parted
Takamori Maruyama
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2011-09-19 16:48:46 UTC
Wish I had that sort of capital to waste like that.

Loud and clear...

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2011-09-19 17:19:01 UTC
Sumos Tigerclaw wrote:
Why anyone would want to join goons is beyond me.

Well look at the other options...you could join some horrible renter alliance or be a DRF pet. The question you should be asking is who *wouldn't* want to join us.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#46 - 2011-09-19 17:21:40 UTC
LMAO. This made my day.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

flakeys
Doomheim
#47 - 2011-09-19 17:25:09 UTC  |  Edited by: flakeys
For crying out loud same threads every week , if you are that ******** to pay 1 B to join people you don't really know OR if you join an alliance known for scamming you deserve to be parted from your issk more then anyone else in the game.

Paying 1 B to join people you don't know ... they should have just robbed you blind if they did not allready.Looking at your char info this is your alt , at least smart enough to not post with your main , and the character is allmost a year old.And you never heard of how goons scam yet you heard enough to pay 1B to join these l33t players?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2011-09-19 17:28:14 UTC
Ivana Twinkle wrote:
This thread is full of outrageous slander that blemish my honorable alliance's reputation!

what reputation ?-)

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#49 - 2011-09-19 17:36:46 UTC
I pity anyone who trusts goons. That includes all those suckers, er, i mean 'allies' of theirs.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

DrDan21
Perkone
Caldari State
#50 - 2011-09-19 17:37:42 UTC
Ivana Twinkle wrote:
This thread is full of outrageous slander that blemish my honorable alliance's reputation!

Agreed, we will not sit idly by while these people besmirch the good name of the goonswarm federation. GSF is an honorable spaceguild who is very against any kind of scamming. You should report any scammers immediately to a diplomat or CEO so they can deal with them swiftly and properly
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2011-09-19 17:44:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Ladie Scarlet wrote:
Sumos Tigerclaw wrote:
Why anyone would want to join goons is beyond me.

Well look at the other options...you could join some horrible renter alliance or be a DRF pet. The question you should be asking is who *wouldn't* want to join us.

I wouldn't go that far.
I know a lot of people that decided High-sec and low-sec was even a better option then going to GSF.
In a game where reputation is everything, GSF is not exactly something you want on your resume.

But to each there own.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2011-09-19 17:47:37 UTC
Ivana Twinkle wrote:

I guess your alliance needs an HONOUR tank.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#53 - 2011-09-19 17:51:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Slade Trillgon
I call troll as no oone scammed out of 1 billion is going to come to the forums to mention it and use a 'Twisted' when they mention that they were blocekd by the scammer.

Then again, I have been wrong many times before. If not, I will also P&L Lol

Slade
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#54 - 2011-09-19 17:52:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Lorren Canada wrote:
You did not just do that :colbert:
Wrong forum. That one doesn't work here.

On a completely unrelated note… did this appear very recently in the newbie recruitment thread? Pirate
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Ivana Twinkle wrote:
what reputation ?-)
That they're all nasty ebil mean scammers, and they only managed to get 1bn… that's seppuku-worthy low returns. Or some such.P
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#55 - 2011-09-19 17:53:58 UTC
Grimpak wrote:
Ivana Twinkle wrote:

I guess your alliance needs an HONOUR tank.

OMG where are the kill mails on that ?
Better yet did anyone actually record the whole thing.
Everyone was stunned, darwin in action to stay the least there.
And he went back for more punishment which was completely .........
That is by far one of the funniest moments in EVE.

AFKCloaked AltSpy
Doomheim
#56 - 2011-09-19 17:57:34 UTC  |  Edited by: AFKCloaked AltSpy
Passaddhi wrote:
I looked for a industry corp in recruite channel on 17 July, Kelgrim invited me, and told me I can join Merch Industrial if I pay 1 billion ISK as a refundable security deposit, he will be my sponsor.
He also gave me a website http://goonauth.com/ to show that is a goon policy.
but after I sent 1b ISK to him, he left me 2 invalid codes and then blocked me.Twisted
I also sent mail to the leaders of Merch Industrial, but they don't reply.

working as intended.

Also IBT move to crime and punishment.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2011-09-19 18:05:18 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
I know a lot of people that decided High-sec and low-sec was even a better option then going to GSF.

Those people are dumb.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Passaddhi
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2011-09-20 03:50:40 UTC
DrDan21 wrote:
Ivana Twinkle wrote:

Agreed, we will not sit idly by while these people besmirch the good name of the goonswarm federation. GSF is an honorable spaceguild who is very against any kind of scamming. You should report any scammers immediately to a diplomat or CEO so they can deal with them swiftly and properly

after I sent some mail to the leaders of Merch Industrial, I haven't got any reply
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2011-09-20 04:01:42 UTC
I have a few very good Goon friends and i would trust them any day of the week.

No you may not have names.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Malak Dawnfire
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#60 - 2011-09-20 04:20:10 UTC
Never met them, just heard that they're real nasty people, in game and out..sorry for your loss and everything, it's never a real good idea giving somebody you don't know that much money, especially for something as lame as "security deposit" we live and learn.