These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM - Have you discussed the relationship between Incarna and NeX?

First post
Author
buee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-09-16 18:41:51 UTC
I can't seem to find this information anywhere, but I'm still curious as to the relationship between Incarna and the NeX. This curiosity stems from a general interest in WiS since it's discussion at fanfests long past, I've always followed closely on the development process as I find it incredibly interesting.

However, I have had concerns since the announcement of NeX about the nature of the new station environment, namely how the NeX will govern players ability to participate. The following questions are those I hope you can answer:



•Will the purchase of player owned station environments use solely Aurum as currency?
•Will all clothing in the station environment be purchased from the NeX, with no player created items?
•Will all items in station (Business or Personal) require the use of the NeX market?



My biggest concern is that Incarna is nothing more than a Item Mall theme park, please dispel these claims so that I can continue subscribing to EvE.

This is a repost of a repost which was never answered by a Dev or CSM. I've tried appealing to the CSM via mail with no response.

atleast give a damned NDA.
Lex Xero
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-09-16 20:04:21 UTC
I share these concerns as well.

I have a feeling we will be disappointed about the outcome. Being pessimistic is unhealthy, but it's getting really tough with CCP lately.
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-09-17 11:10:09 UTC
The answer to these questions is unknown. It is almost certainly undecided, AFAICT.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

buee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-09-18 00:55:59 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
The answer to these questions is unknown. It is almost certainly undecided, AFAICT.


Any plans to get involved in the decision making process? I suppose you would know better than I how soon the next iteration of Incarna will surface. Recent dev blogs have suggested we will receive it pre-2012.
Kaelie Onren
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-09-18 01:21:43 UTC
CSMs mandate is to represent the comprehensie "vetted" views of the players, not run CCP or to get in the devs business, to steer the direction of the game design. If you want to influence the game design you may have better luck posting in the dev features and suggestions forum.
buee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-09-18 01:30:35 UTC
Kaelie Onren wrote:
CSMs mandate is to represent the comprehensie "vetted" views of the players, not run CCP or to get in the devs business, to steer the direction of the game design. If you want to influence the game design you may have better luck posting in the dev features and suggestions forum.


I'm not sure you follow...

Incarna being an item mall theme park will affect the game considerably... Plexes will skyrocket in price, not go down. I predict many will be come so dissatisfied with CCP that they cancel subscriptions.

I for one, mark my words, will cancel my subscription if Aurum is the only pay medium to be used in Incarna. That means no player-run market, no sandbox, no uniqueness what so ever.

If a monocle costs over a billion isk, or around 70-80$, how much do you think its going to cost to have a corporation headquarters in a station? How much will it cost to have a bar? How much will it cost to buy living quarters?
raker
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2011-09-19 16:39:13 UTC
buee wrote:
I for one, mark my words, will cancel my subscription if Aurum is the only pay medium to be used in Incarna. That means no player-run market, no sandbox, no uniqueness what so ever.

If a monocle costs over a billion isk, or around 70-80$, how much do you think its going to cost to have a corporation headquarters in a station? How much will it cost to have a bar? How much will it cost to buy living quarters?



If this was to happen , I have no doubt it would kill the game
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-09-19 18:42:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Vertisce Soritenshi
buee wrote:
Kaelie Onren wrote:
CSMs mandate is to represent the comprehensie "vetted" views of the players, not run CCP or to get in the devs business, to steer the direction of the game design. If you want to influence the game design you may have better luck posting in the dev features and suggestions forum.


I'm not sure you follow...

Incarna being an item mall theme park will affect the game considerably... Plexes will skyrocket in price, not go down. I predict many will be come so dissatisfied with CCP that they cancel subscriptions.

I for one, mark my words, will cancel my subscription if Aurum is the only pay medium to be used in Incarna. That means no player-run market, no sandbox, no uniqueness what so ever.

If a monocle costs over a billion isk, or around 70-80$, how much do you think its going to cost to have a corporation headquarters in a station? How much will it cost to have a bar? How much will it cost to buy living quarters?


My personal opinion is that this entire thread is irrelavent and unnecessary.

Go look at the market. Everything currently purchaseable on NeX is available to be sold and purchased through the current market for ISK. That right there should answer your question. Yes the initial purchase is with AUR...but who freaking cares? You can still sell and purchase said items with ISK on the market once purchased with AUR. You can also purchase AUR by purchasing a PLEX with ISK. Either way you get the exact same result in the end. So the new in station items might not require players to manufacture them. Who cares? They arent taking any of the current space based items and selling them through NeX to bypass the player so this will not effect anybody in the slightest.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

buee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-09-20 03:17:21 UTC  |  Edited by: buee
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
buee wrote:
Kaelie Onren wrote:
CSMs mandate is to represent the comprehensie "vetted" views of the players, not run CCP or to get in the devs business, to steer the direction of the game design. If you want to influence the game design you may have better luck posting in the dev features and suggestions forum.


I'm not sure you follow...

Incarna being an item mall theme park will affect the game considerably... Plexes will skyrocket in price, not go down. I predict many will be come so dissatisfied with CCP that they cancel subscriptions.

I for one, mark my words, will cancel my subscription if Aurum is the only pay medium to be used in Incarna. That means no player-run market, no sandbox, no uniqueness what so ever.

If a monocle costs over a billion isk, or around 70-80$, how much do you think its going to cost to have a corporation headquarters in a station? How much will it cost to have a bar? How much will it cost to buy living quarters?


My personal opinion is that this entire thread is irrelavent and unnecessary.

Go look at the market. Everything currently purchaseable on NeX is available to be sold and purchased through the current market for ISK. That right there should answer your question. Yes the initial purchase is with AUR...but who freaking cares? You can still sell and purchase said items with ISK on the market once purchased with AUR. You can also purchase AUR by purchasing a PLEX with ISK. Either way you get the exact same result in the end. So the new in station items might not require players to manufacture them. Who cares? They arent taking any of the current space based items and selling them through NeX to bypass the player so this will not effect anybody in the slightest.


Brilliant, new forums deleted my post as I typed it, lost forever into the fray. Screw you new forums, I hate you.

I've grown tired of this so I'll be as concise as humanly possible.

You are a FiS guy, you have no enthusiasm for WiS or Incarna. These debates are meaningless to you because they do not affect you, or so you say. So, to display your unhappiness with people (like me) posting about concerns about a useless new feature you deem dumb and unnecessary, you post an even more useless reply which gives no additional information that I or anyone else didn't already know. So thanks, I appreciate it.

This then leads me to believe that you are okay with what will ensue post NeX Incarna release, because simply, you just don't give a flying f (pun intended).

However, if I am completely wrong and I'm this terrible guy replying to you, attacking you despite never having met you, then consider the following:

How fun is a statically priced item that stems from Micro-Transactions that you can't destroy? How fun is it to not be able to make a little care bear go wee wee wee all the way home after blowing up his shiny new house of goodies he just bought in Jita with daddy's credit card? A monocle, a little piece of useless glass and metal, costs more than a tech III ship - The most advanced technology available for purchase. This is absolutely ludarcris, it's like buying a pretty new sweater for the price of the U.S.S. Nimitz Super-Aircraft carrier.

How much do you think a couch is going to cost? If you care, do you really want to buy Dreadnought priced couches? I'd rather purchase a Dreadnought.


It just comes down to I care about Incarna, and you don't. Simple, so why post?
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-09-20 21:26:26 UTC
buee wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
buee wrote:
Kaelie Onren wrote:
CSMs mandate is to represent the comprehensie "vetted" views of the players, not run CCP or to get in the devs business, to steer the direction of the game design. If you want to influence the game design you may have better luck posting in the dev features and suggestions forum.


I'm not sure you follow...

Incarna being an item mall theme park will affect the game considerably... Plexes will skyrocket in price, not go down. I predict many will be come so dissatisfied with CCP that they cancel subscriptions.

I for one, mark my words, will cancel my subscription if Aurum is the only pay medium to be used in Incarna. That means no player-run market, no sandbox, no uniqueness what so ever.

If a monocle costs over a billion isk, or around 70-80$, how much do you think its going to cost to have a corporation headquarters in a station? How much will it cost to have a bar? How much will it cost to buy living quarters?


My personal opinion is that this entire thread is irrelavent and unnecessary.

Go look at the market. Everything currently purchaseable on NeX is available to be sold and purchased through the current market for ISK. That right there should answer your question. Yes the initial purchase is with AUR...but who freaking cares? You can still sell and purchase said items with ISK on the market once purchased with AUR. You can also purchase AUR by purchasing a PLEX with ISK. Either way you get the exact same result in the end. So the new in station items might not require players to manufacture them. Who cares? They arent taking any of the current space based items and selling them through NeX to bypass the player so this will not effect anybody in the slightest.


Brilliant, new forums deleted my post as I typed it, lost forever into the fray. Screw you new forums, I hate you.

I've grown tired of this so I'll be as concise as humanly possible.

You are a FiS guy, you have no enthusiasm for WiS or Incarna. These debates are meaningless to you because they do not affect you, or so you say. So, to display your unhappiness with people (like me) posting about concerns about a useless new feature you deem dumb and unnecessary, you post an even more useless reply which gives no additional information that I or anyone else didn't already know. So thanks, I appreciate it.

This then leads me to believe that you are okay with what will ensue post NeX Incarna release, because simply, you just don't give a flying f (pun intended).

However, if I am completely wrong and I'm this terrible guy replying to you, attacking you despite never having met you, then consider the following:

How fun is a statically priced item that stems from Micro-Transactions that you can't destroy? How fun is it to not be able to make a little care bear go wee wee wee all the way home after blowing up his shiny new house of goodies he just bought in Jita with daddy's credit card? A monocle, a little piece of useless glass and metal, costs more than a tech III ship - The most advanced technology available for purchase. This is absolutely ludarcris, it's like buying a pretty new sweater for the price of the U.S.S. Nimitz Super-Aircraft carrier.

How much do you think a couch is going to cost? If you care, do you really want to buy Dreadnought priced couches? I'd rather purchase a Dreadnought.


It just comes down to I care about Incarna, and you don't. Simple, so why post?


You have it completely backwards. I have been rather vocal all over the forums about how I completely support WiS and Incarna. I want it to succeed and I want it now in all it's glory as awesome as it can be with bouncing boobs. My point is that the way these items are paid for doesn't really matter. AUR will balance with PLEX due to the fact that PLEX is still used as game time. So long as that gametime is $15 for a month and a single PLEX is about $15 (i think its $20) then the cost of ISK to PLEX and ISK to AUR and whatever will stabilize. At least that is how I see it. Even still...if you buy everything using AUR for WiS then those items will still be available for ISK in the market or you buy PLEX to convert to AUR...whichever is cheaper. Because there are 3 types of "currency" in play here they will keep each other relatively balanced especially when one or more in this case can be used to pay for gametime.

I wasn't trying to be particularly rude when I said "Irrelavant and unnecessary"...although these forums do bring out the worst in me due to the sheer number of illiterates on here...but my point still stands. Thats just how I see it.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821