These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mindlink BPO/LP item desparately needs to be seeded

Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#41 - 2012-02-10 14:12:25 UTC
Arcathra wrote:

Regarding the Michi implant: that is a different story. It seems not to be in high demand and that additional 5% bonus isn't that significant to a mining barge/exhumer as the mindlinks for (industrial) command ships.

At maximum it works out to about another 92 m3 per cycle per stripper which is another 270 m3 or so per cycle of course.

RATHER significant yield increase when dealing with Isk/hr ratio.

AND the mindlinks decrease cycle time....nada to do with yield.......

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#42 - 2012-02-10 14:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Bumblefck wrote:
I for one will be demanding free Estamel's Invulnerability Fields for my Ibis (as I cannot tank level 4 missions without them)!

you are doing something wrong...since birth apparently

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#43 - 2012-02-10 16:57:20 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
I for one will be demanding free Estamel's Invulnerability Fields for my Ibis (as I cannot tank level 4 missions without them)!

Bit rich that you wrote that "sprays Bumblefck repellent" on the previous page, and then go on to directly quote me. Should've expected something like that from you, though...

By the way, I'm obviously not doing anything as wrong as you are, because you were/are: I) mining in a hulk/mackinaw/whatever, II) getting said barge blown up and III), just for emphasis again, you mining in the first instance.

fail fail fail

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#44 - 2012-02-10 16:58:34 UTC
It's nice having Internet Stalkers/fanbois, but it only looks bad on oneself if they are of a rather poor quality, like Crystal Icebucket here

Bumble's Space Log

Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-02-11 12:11:08 UTC
You can get mindlinks from certain Nullsec drug region exploration sites too.

The more you know...
Velicitia
XS Tech
#46 - 2012-02-11 13:44:02 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

As an aside ... are you honestly *ever* going to get podded with a mining mindlink?

Ok, let me put this scenario to you

One of my alts has the mindlink in, and we join a 0.0 corp, the normal way of getting clones up there are the usual set medical and pod-express, but instead you've got to fly the clone up there due to the mindlink, so there's plenty of opportunity if you're unlucky enough to stumble on a good gate-camp.

The last time I left 0.0, we were evacuating the area and I was lucky enough to catch a titan bridge out to low-sec.

your pilot with mindlinks cannot pilot a jump-capable ship?

Arcathra wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

BTW, how come nobody complains about the price of the Michi Implant ?????

[fake QQ]
I can't believe that CCP is letting people sell this measly 5% bonus implant for 700m+ ISK!! It's not fairrrr
[/QQ]

As an aside ... are you honestly *ever* going to get podded with a mining mindlink?

Can happen. You do realise that even people who lead mining operations do PvP or fly through Low-Sec occasionaly or even regulary. Of course you could change your clone everytime you do it, but sometimes that isn't possible or practical.

Regarding the Michi implant: that is a different story. It seems not to be in high demand and that additional 5% bonus isn't that significant to a mining barge/exhumer as the mindlinks for (industrial) command ships.

True enough ... though that's what alts are for Cool... my alt with the mindlink is absolute **** at the "PVP" thing, so ... yeah.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#47 - 2012-02-12 18:52:22 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

Ok, let me put this scenario to you

One of my alts has the mindlink in, and we join a 0.0 corp, the normal way of getting clones up there are the usual set medical and pod-express, but instead you've got to fly the clone up there due to the mindlink, so there's plenty of opportunity if you're unlucky enough to stumble on a good gate-camp.

The last time I left 0.0, we were evacuating the area and I was lucky enough to catch a titan bridge out to low-sec.

So there are chances to get your mindlink killed, not huge chances, but chances all the same.

I think the idea of them been seeded on the LP stores (all mindlinks) is a great one, I'd be happy spending LP's and a good chunk of isk, they don't want to be too cheap, currently I think the most expensive things are 800,000 LP and 80,000,000 Isk and that's things like Rattlesnakes, Nightmares, Bhaalgorns etc.
Thinking about it, why should a little box you plug into your head cost as much as a battleship, maybe around the 350-400k LP and 35-40mil Isk seems about right.

And as long as it's not for a limited corp like ORE where they're all nullsec Roll

Check out the prices of HG Omegas sometime. They cost as much as a Dreadnaught.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#48 - 2012-02-12 19:13:17 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
It's nice having Internet Stalkers/fanbois, but it only looks bad on oneself if they are of a rather poor quality, like Crystal Icebucket here

It's nice having Internet Stalkers/fanbois, but it only looks bad on oneself if they are of a rather poor quality, like Bumblefck here.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#49 - 2012-02-12 19:14:05 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:

Bit rich that you wrote that "sprays Bumblefck repellent" on the previous page, and then go on to directly quote me. Should've expected something like that from you, though...

By the way, I'm obviously not doing anything as wrong as you are, because you were/are: I) mining in a hulk/mackinaw/whatever, II) getting said barge blown up and III), just for emphasis again, you mining in the first instance.

fail fail fail

What ????? Shocked

Velicitia
XS Tech
#50 - 2012-02-12 19:40:28 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Check out the prices of HG Omegas sometime. They cost as much as a Dreadnaught.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong one (probably), they're a bit cheaper than a dread (about 33-50%)

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Cardval Simalia
Doomheim
#51 - 2012-02-12 19:45:45 UTC
CCP should give random people T3 BPO and inject loads of T2 BPO's maxed out just for game balance. Watcht he epic bitter vet tears as they allready got a TECH II BPO so why should you?
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#52 - 2012-02-12 19:59:44 UTC
Cardval Simalia wrote:
CCP should give random people T3 BPO and inject loads of T2 BPO's maxed out just for game balance. Watcht he epic bitter vet tears as they allready got a TECH II BPO so why should you?

{{{{{{{{{{{{ YES }}}}}}}}}}}}}

DeeeBo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2012-02-12 20:33:52 UTC
AGREE with the OP, seed it as a BPO in the LP store. For example, the ORE LP store to add a level of difficulty as all of their agents are located outside of High Sec and the higher level ones in Null Sec. Sorry if this is a re-post, got tired of the bickering that was occurring.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#54 - 2012-02-13 01:11:30 UTC
DeeeBo wrote:
AGREE with the OP, seed it as a BPO in the LP store. For example, the ORE LP store to add a level of difficulty as all of their agents are located outside of High Sec and the higher level ones in Null Sec. Sorry if this is a re-post, got tired of the bickering that was occurring.

Seeding as a BPC (1-run or 5-run or 10-run) is better for long-term balance. Plus then you can add BPCs as random drops without devaluing the market too much. I wouldn't want to see these as BPOs as the traded volume just wouldn't support it (not unless the build time is 16 or 20 hours per unit).
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#55 - 2012-02-15 11:37:23 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

What ????? Shocked

I know you're doubly afflicted with head-softness and ADHD, but do please try to keep up.

Bumble's Space Log

Zeerover
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2012-02-15 13:38:41 UTC
Rakshasa Verr wrote:
Mindlinks have been reduced to off grid boosters in high sec instead of being put onto command ship/battlecruiser pod pilots that go off and die in glorious battle.

Though you might have a point with your overall message, that line right these has no basis in-game. We use plenty of mindlinked boosters on grid in commandships (or t3s in a safespot) in FW.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Qrwa2.png[/img]

August Guns
Generic Technologies and Futures Organization
#57 - 2012-02-15 13:53:00 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Industrialists are not and should not ever be immune from the whims of the RNG, whether relating to drop rate or mission distribution. If CCP does something to 'rectify' this, then I for one will be demanding free Estamel's Invulnerability Fields for my Ibis (as I cannot tank level 4 missions without them)!

Nice straw man.

My point, as you so graciously ignored, was to not deflate the price, but to remove arbitrary mechanics for a utility item whilst simultaneously creating a new market.

The price is irrelevant; the goal is to involve more players in the process.

Hathrul
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2012-02-15 22:50:03 UTC
i think the price of 100m for a mindlink is fair, maybe even cheap considering the massive effect these implants have. untill they reach 200-250m ill consider them cheap for what they do.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#59 - 2012-02-16 09:23:26 UTC
August Guns wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Industrialists are not and should not ever be immune from the whims of the RNG, whether relating to drop rate or mission distribution. If CCP does something to 'rectify' this, then I for one will be demanding free Estamel's Invulnerability Fields for my Ibis (as I cannot tank level 4 missions without them)!

Nice straw man.

My point, as you so graciously ignored, was to not deflate the price, but to remove arbitrary mechanics for a utility item whilst simultaneously creating a new market.

The price is irrelevant; the goal is to involve more players in the process.

You say you would like to remove arbitrary mechanics, but you fail to acknowledge that this is a game and as such everything is arbitrary (i.e., CCP wills it and it is so). It seems to me that the mechanics are working just fine - it is a powerful implant, and as such should be a fairly rare item.

Working as intended imo

Bumble's Space Log

Vicky Somers
Rusty Anchor
#60 - 2012-02-16 10:01:06 UTC
All mindlinks except the mining one should be seeded and fleet boosting should be effective on grid only.