These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Be careful miners, a fraud and his corp in Goonswarm

Author
Sarmatiko
#21 - 2011-09-19 11:28:28 UTC
Welcome to EVE Cool
St Shadrack
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2011-09-19 11:46:59 UTC
I assume you sell plex to get your isk because you obviously aren't smart enough to have earned it.
FreddyTwo
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#23 - 2011-09-19 11:50:04 UTC
Passaddhi wrote:
I looked for a industry corp in recruite channel on 17 July, Kelgrim invited me, and told me I can join Merch Industrial if I pay 1 billion ISK as a refundable security deposit, he will be my sponsor.
He also gave me a website http://goonauth.com/ to show that is a goon policy.
but after I sent 1b ISK to him, he left me 2 invalid codes and then blocked me.Twisted
I also sent mail to the leaders of Merch Industrial, but they don't reply.

1 billion? really? i can see how someone would be even considering paying a 100 mill security deposit but 1 bill? not only should a bell ring anytime a corp asks you money to be recruited but risking 1 bill seems quite foolish.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-09-19 12:08:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Stormshadow
Passaddhi wrote:
I looked for a industry corp in recruite channel on 17 July, Kelgrim invited me, and told me I can join Merch Industrial if I pay 1 billion ISK as a refundable security deposit, he will be my sponsor.
but after I sent 1b ISK to him, he left me 2 invalid codes and then blocked me.Twisted

Yes I know these people. You're not the first guy they scam most likely not the last.

However as we have kind community here in 0.0 and we understand your pain, we wish to offer you 50% discount on security deposit to get back on your feets.

...so if you still want to enter our ranks, deposit 500m to our corporate account and make sure that it goes to correct authority this time. If you are unsure, send it directly to me (add your name as a note) and I will redirect the deposit to correct authority.

And again - I'm sorry of your loss - be more carefull next time.

Fly safe,
Yours - Grey

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Basileus Volkan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2011-09-19 12:16:59 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Welcome to EVE Cool

This sh*t is real. Cool
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2011-09-19 12:39:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Grimpak
Basileus Volkan wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Welcome to EVE Cool

This sh*t is real. Cool

well you could say that

*dons sunglasses*

**** got real.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Passaddhi
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-09-19 13:36:14 UTC
Ladie Scarlet wrote:
If you get hold of Dabigredboat (he basically runs Merchi) he can help you out. Just pm him in game.

thanks, what I want to do is warning other people, and see whether Merchi will kick Kelgrim out
Sumos Tigerclaw
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2011-09-19 13:37:06 UTC
If you wanted to be a Goon, then don't expect sympathy for being ripped off. Why anyone would want to join goons is beyond me.
Harold Tuphlos
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#29 - 2011-09-19 13:47:51 UTC
OP wants to join goons,
doesn't know what goons are
pays security deposit
profit
SpaceSquirrels
#30 - 2011-09-19 13:48:03 UTC
Lulz why would you ever want to join a corp that requires you to pay them? Up front? I mean isn't that what taxes are for or corp wide events that everyone participates in to help fill the coffers?

A security deposit? For what? In case you wreck the joint? Or pet stains? How does one even do that in EVE? You ram an Orca into something?

If anything you should be getting paid by a corp in some form or another to have you as a member.
Zagam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2011-09-19 13:48:51 UTC
Pay me 1 billion ISK, and not only will I get your ISK back, I'll double your money!

(seriously though... who still falls for this?)
Dsan
Bedlam.
#32 - 2011-09-19 13:51:32 UTC
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:
Passaddhi wrote:

I think this is the bit where everyone is about to point and laugh at you.

Sorry

Or follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Dsan_dk

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2011-09-19 14:14:06 UTC
Actually a security deposit isn't a 'bad' idea for a corp wanting to protect itself. Unfortunately, there's not a person in the game I would trust to hold that 1bil isk....not even third parties.

Don't ban me, bro!

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2011-09-19 14:22:06 UTC
send me 200mil isk with the reason code "revenge" and i'l kill him and harass the alliance until they kick him out.
Lorren Canada
High is the Way - But all eyes are Upon the Ground
#35 - 2011-09-19 14:47:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Lorren Canada
Ladie Scarlet wrote:
Passaddhi wrote:

If you get hold of Dabigredboat... If you get hold of Dabigredboat... If you get hold of DABIGREDBOAT

You did not just do that :colbert:

Passaddhi wrote:
Ladie Scarlet wrote:
If you get hold of Dabigredboat (he basically runs Merchi) he can help you out. Just pm him in game.

thanks, what I want to do is warning other people, and see whether Merchi will kick Kelgrim out

ahahhahaahahaha, this is too funny
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#36 - 2011-09-19 15:03:19 UTC
Security deposits for moving to 0.0 should work the other way around.

After all, you risk the assets, not the alliance.

Then again, naive people will do naive things and who is to blame the one to exploit them.

This is EVE.
Chia Mulholland
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2011-09-19 15:16:56 UTC
I'm sorry if you're having trouble joining MRCHI. I know there have been some problems with the auth app lately and maybe that's the cause of the delay.

I don't know the particulars of your case, but if you've contacted a director, I'm sure the matter will be looked into.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2011-09-19 15:37:33 UTC
Okay lets post some stuff.

IF you are planning on moving to 0.0 there are 2 things you need to look at.

1. What does the corp / alliance need.
2. What can you provide.

IF you can't give a 0.0 corp / alliance something they need then move on, it isn't going to end well.

Keep in mind a 0.0 corp / alliance is more interested in security then anything else.
So they will at times rent to a corp / alliance but the amount has to be worth the risk.

SO a few golden rules.

1 - NEVER pay ISK to join a corporation it will never end well.
2 - NEVER bribe your way into a corporation via BPO's, you will just be podded and looted.
3 - NEVER bring all your assets into 0.0
4 - NEVER jump your capitals to your new home one the first day.
5 - DO bring 1 or 2 ships, enough to do your job.
6 - Always check the alliances reputation, if people don't like them there is a reason (some good / some bad)

When you join a alliance or corp they are big to tell you there is a trial period.
This however is a 2 way street, despite what they think.
They are as much on trial as you are.
IF you don't like something, or something doesn't smell right, then leave.
Flat out the situation will NOT change.

Best of luck, there are some great corps and alliances in 0.0.
You just have to find them.
Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2011-09-19 16:02:15 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
Okay lets post some stuff.

IF you are planning on moving to 0.0 there are 2 things you need to look at.

1. What does the corp / alliance need.
2. What can you provide.

IF you can't give a 0.0 corp / alliance something they need then move on, it isn't going to end well.

Keep in mind a 0.0 corp / alliance is more interested in security then anything else.
So they will at times rent to a corp / alliance but the amount has to be worth the risk.

SO a few golden rules.

1 - NEVER pay ISK to join a corporation it will never end well.
2 - NEVER bribe your way into a corporation via BPO's, you will just be podded and looted.
3 - NEVER bring all your assets into 0.0
4 - NEVER jump your capitals to your new home one the first day.
5 - DO bring 1 or 2 ships, enough to do your job.
6 - Always check the alliances reputation, if people don't like them there is a reason (some good / some bad)

When you join a alliance or corp they are big to tell you there is a trial period.
This however is a 2 way street, despite what they think.
They are as much on trial as you are.
IF you don't like something, or something doesn't smell right, then leave.
Flat out the situation will NOT change.

Best of luck, there are some great corps and alliances in 0.0.
You just have to find them.

Don't tell them that stuff. We can't scam them if they know how things work...oh wait....LOL.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Ivana Twinkle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2011-09-19 16:39:09 UTC
This thread is full of outrageous slander that blemish my honorable alliance's reputation!