These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: All our webs are belong to you

First post First post
Author
Ticarus Hellbrandt
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#141 - 2012-02-05 22:08:11 UTC
I bet there wont be a career option called 'Total Baastard'
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#142 - 2012-02-06 00:42:05 UTC
Ticarus Hellbrandt wrote:
I bet there wont be a career option called 'Total Baastard'

Sure there is: The Mission Runner. Those poor Smugglers, Thiefs, and other assorted Pirates.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#143 - 2012-02-07 14:20:17 UTC
I think new website lacks direct link to forum !!!!!
Kenpachi Viktor
Perkone
Caldari State
#144 - 2012-02-07 15:14:37 UTC
new front page is quite nice, but needs a link from eve gate back to it

A war that would’ve involved 20,000 players, 75% of nullsec space, and hundreds of supercapitals was halted not by diplomacy, but by a game mechanic so dreadful that those who have experienced it previously have no desire to do so again. - Fix POS & SOV

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#145 - 2012-02-07 16:45:00 UTC
CCP Alice wrote:
Great feedback, thanks everyone! And we will be doing updates after it launches, there's quite a few things on the teams "do want" list that are improvements and tweaks as well.

Vera Algaert wrote:
A large part of the "EVE Support" section (petitions, API keys) is notably missing from your plans for the new eveonline.com site.

Will this functionality (finally) be integrated into Account Management?

The support website you're talking about will be integrated into the EVE Community website. It falls under the "what comes next" point in the blog:

* Where it makes sense, we will merge content from other websites like Support, EVElopedia, EVE Gate, etc. into EVE Community in various phases

Could you pretty please do a deep humanitarian act?

The current forums need an ethernal rest.

All this candy goodies and we have a below 1990 features forum that ALSO uses ASP which you hint you are going to dispose of.

The forum IS the community, the dynamic community, the real community.

And we are gimped, without the most basic functions. Cannot even have a percent sign and an URL in the same post else it breaks!
Sweet Clyde
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#146 - 2012-02-07 21:52:08 UTC
Some feedback on the new website. Can't find a dedicated thread, so here goes:

-First of all: it looks good.

-The 'EVE websites' dropdown in the top right corner needs to be implemented in the same form on all EVE websites. The navigation is confusing as a japanese gameshow right now.

-You really need to make a mobile version/app.
Darth Omanid
Doomheim
#147 - 2012-02-07 22:26:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Omanid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LoiAXJ9BrAk

Watched this video. Got question:

Does CCP have dress up as your forum posting alt day at the office now and then?

Or like does CCP Alice really wear her hair like *that* regularly? I mean, Fashion accidents are kinda cool when it's an Incarna protest alt. Especially those bald dudes with randow face makeup!
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#148 - 2012-02-07 22:38:10 UTC
Sweet Clyde wrote:

-The 'EVE websites' dropdown in the top right corner needs to be implemented in the same form on all EVE websites. The navigation is confusing as a japanese gameshow right now.

Strange we cant give feedback on the forums.

Also, in the roles section, it would be cool to have a discription of an MD'er. Missing that completely.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Huey Pewy
#149 - 2012-02-08 13:13:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Huey Pewy
Sweet Clyde wrote:
The 'EVE websites' dropdown in the top right corner needs to be implemented in the same form on all EVE websites. The navigation is confusing as a japanese gameshow right now.

This. It's just a matter of making it a bit more uniform across all the sites. But they clearly said in the blog that is is still a work in progress. Blink

I also couldn't find any links to Eve Is Real on any of the sites. I think it would make sense to put it under Creations on the main site.

Other than that, it looks awesome and user friendly!
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#150 - 2012-02-08 13:16:38 UTC
Huey Pewy wrote:
Sweet Clyde wrote:
The 'EVE websites' dropdown in the top right corner needs to be implemented in the same form on all EVE websites. The navigation is confusing as a japanese gameshow right now.

This. It's just a matter of making it a bit more uniform across all the sites. But they clearly said in the blog that is is still a work in progress. Blink

I also couldn't find any links to Eve Is Real on any of the sites. I think it would make sense to put it under Creations on the main site.

Other than that, it looks awesome and user friendly!

Eve is real the video is on one of the player role pages. Cant remember which

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Ridiculae
Bedlam Escapees
Apocalypse Now.
#151 - 2012-02-08 13:40:10 UTC
The positive: I love it!

I didnt believe what i saw, 3d ship spinning in a browser! IN A BROWSER!! omg I'm fainting again.. it is not only an awesome feat I tend to use alot. It is also incredibly cool to show "hey this is my game i talk about more than my wife or children" So yeah.... Ship spinning in a browser!!

A nice 3d model of the system as well as flavour! man do i miss flavour! I mean, the real deal for me in eve is not only "pwning
1337 ships" (in my hulk!) but the coolest thing it forming my identity as a pilot. Not to belong ot a group, but a one unique pilot.

I still look like a generic sterile gallente. While i really wanna look like a dirty grease-monkey w a woolen hat and mittons preferably wearing a white t-shirt that notes "another left turn" cus thats my style of play with this toon. The website brings us stories and professions and i love to take that test again and again!

The even more positive: Feedback

I do agree with some posters, that the right upper-corner navigation menu, should be more clear. I prefer it myself to have a sidebar or sommat. And imho that seems easily fixable with just the main buttons on top of the page, and the subs in the neat menu you guys created already.

* make more and extensive player tests!

It is such an awesome thing. i had never expected it to be so slick and so loaded w content!
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#152 - 2012-02-08 23:14:26 UTC
CCP Alice, the What to do in EVE Online graphic was prepared by St Mio, just in case you didn't know :)

Also, is there a way to turn off that marquee on the front page?

Site is great, I'm having fun poking around.

The EVE version of the Bartle Test is short and sweet. I wonder if a modified version could be incorporated into the character generation in-game as a parallel to the manual race/bloodline/school selection? Choose between religion, secularism, individualism or tribal fidelity -> Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar. This would help get people with similar world views into the same NPC corp chat.

The site is really nice to surf through. Nicely done!
alphaspecies
#153 - 2012-02-09 01:22:25 UTC
not sure i like it...

seems like someone sneezed on the storyboard and they didn't get
all the pieces back under their respective headings...

how are dev blogs and patch notes not under game info?
and forums not under community?
news channels, feeds, newsletters, awards???
thats not where my mind goes when its hears 'communication'...
and knowledgebase might wanna have its own tab with subs

i think you got a whole lot of work ahead of you...
probably shoulda kept the old and added a 'test' link for this thing...

two coins in the fountain

you're whine has been heard... please smile for the target pai...er...camera ... thank you.

Georn
Pandemonium Fortress
#154 - 2012-02-09 02:46:11 UTC
Oh Crap .. not another one.

I fear there is no plan to keep the old eve-online around?

Too much empty space filled with iCandy instead of content on this one.
I have to scroll more. Click on item.. scroll down to read content.. will need bigger screen soon.

But appart from that ..
it looks..
pretty sexy...

Hrmm....

I like it

:D
khazak mokl
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#155 - 2012-02-09 06:00:59 UTC
On the section cqalled ' World of EVE' it lists wormhole systems as 2508 and not 2498. Is this a mistake or have more WH content been added?
Or are the extra wormholes simply testing grounds?

Dev clarification needed please Big smile
CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#156 - 2012-02-09 11:51:40 UTC
Typo. Good catch, checked and fixed. Should propagate soon.

Cheers,
DZ

CCP Delegate Zero | Content Designer - Writer | @CCPDelegateZero

Chigger Troutslayer
Internet Spaceship Gamers
Sex Drugs And Rock'N'Roll
#157 - 2012-02-09 20:25:56 UTC
Still looking for something I used on the old website. I think it was "My Character". You could log in an then go to a screen showing the 3 character slots, from there you would go to a page listing your skills and a section where you could export personal and corp wallet journals, member list ect.

Anyone know where to get at this now?
Sieges
#158 - 2012-02-09 21:00:40 UTC
Sweet Clyde wrote:

I really hoped that the ship spinning would work on my iPhone. From why I can tell it does not Sad Please let us get our ship-fix while at work. Internet Spaceships are serious business so I'm not asking to be able to play EVE on my phone. But I would love to be able to view my ships when I'm stuck in a 2 hour meeting while the PHB's go off about the new TPS coversheets and how we have to use them on our reports now.
Georn
Pandemonium Fortress
#159 - 2012-02-10 03:02:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Georn
Sieges wrote:
Internet Spaceships are serious business so I'm not asking to be able to play EVE on my phone.

I however do.
Defier Orilis
Defiance Eden Initiative
#160 - 2012-02-10 03:27:43 UTC
You know what that mean... We could end up to play the new EVE in an internet browser soon. They already have the ships in 3D.

Dang! It is sweet to see the 3D ships at work! Thx CCP.