These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Lock This thread - shame on your ccp for allowing this to end this way - 7 pages of hate

Author
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#81 - 2012-02-09 19:28:03 UTC  |  Edited by: arcca jeth
Valei Khurelem wrote:
You're going to get trolled :( Sorry to see you go, but I'm planning on buying PLEX with the ISK I make just so I can stick around here laughing at the PvPers as they kill their game.

and i plan on selling you the PLEX I make with RL money so you can grind it all for me
Valei Khurelem
#82 - 2012-02-09 19:34:18 UTC
oooo! How much do you want for it? :D

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#83 - 2012-02-09 19:34:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Micheal Dietrich
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
KrakizBad wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Lady Vella seems to know a bit about eve's game mechanics. She also appears to have an alt. The alt appears to be into pvp.

Nice catch!

Valei Khurelem wrote:
This is why a large number of EVE players aren't bothering coming to the forums anymore

Good, the fewer hisec nobodies who come to the forums means the fewer who pay attention to CSM and thus will be in for a pleasant surprise when the next round of hisec nerfs are announced. Big smile

Yeah, he beat me to it.

I'd like to give the OP troll points... but this one doesn't really make it all the way into the ranking system except possibly as an honorable mention.

Still...

The question is: Why?

Why would someone with an alt who is into PVP try a troll thread like this?

Is there some kind of disease going around? I try to find a reason to do something like this, based on some kind of reward, and can't think of any.

To fully understand the troll mind might be difficult, like trying to understand a pathological liar perhaps.

I believe the 4 pages of responses answers your question. OP knew that people would jump all over this and start reciting the Eve national Anthem "Eve Is Harsh". This was done for the lulz.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Valei Khurelem
#84 - 2012-02-09 19:40:27 UTC
Quote:

I believe the 4 pages fo responses answers your question. OP knew that people would jump all over this and start reciting the Eve national Anthem "Eve Is Harsh". This was done for the lulz.

It is **** easy to troll these lot.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Billionaire Carebear
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2012-02-09 19:54:04 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
This was done for the lulz.

Null Sec = The Game
Lulz Sec = The Forums

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_and_spirit_of_the_law http://krypto451.deviantart.com/art/Care-Bears-Spanking-168001373 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0Uu1yD-v0  George Carlin "They're Just Words."

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#86 - 2012-02-09 19:59:10 UTC
Fouljin wrote:

Here is how to survive null mining while in war and other stuff.

- Choose suitable roidbelt in the system your corp/aliance has a POS / station.
- Use Hulk with tank! You need tank to repell those fat rats that spawn on belts.
- Always, always keep aligned to station / pos for quick espace.
- Have a corp mate / alt to do the hauling.
- Train scanning skills and look for gravsite, even more safe as it takes a while for enemy so scan you down when they enter the system, if they even bother to do that, gives you more time to espace back to pos / station.

- Remember, in Eve things take time. There is NO shortcuts. Plan your skill training at least 6 months ahead, I prefer one year.

!

there's a little more to it then that....

Yes, have fun finding a hulk in 0.0 lol better be blue to SOV holding alliance with stations and a healthy market to pull that off. not to mention it take a month or so to train up to fly one...

and yes there ARE shortcuts in EVE for the impatient. Spend $200 on PLEX, redeem in JITA sell to market. then buy a character for sale using ISK (careful not to get scammed)....hell, you might only need $100 depending on the price of the character in ISK, either way, YES there are shortcuts.
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#87 - 2012-02-09 19:59:51 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
You're going to get trolled :( Sorry to see you go, but I'm planning on buying PLEX with the ISK I make just so I can stick around here laughing at the PvPers as they kill their game.

You found another likeminded sniveller.... Big smileBig smileBig smile
Minabunny
Bogus Brothers Corporation
#88 - 2012-02-09 20:11:57 UTC
Stay in an NPC corp and you won't have to deal with wars. You can still get 'ganked' it's just not as often unless you venture down to low sec. If you want to fly in low sec just pay attention to local, make yourself a safe spot and keep aligned to it. Then get out of the area ASAP when someone hostile comes in the area. You can avoid most confrontations if you're prepared.

I've been an avid pvper since I started playing online RPGs in the 90's (AOL NWN). That being said as much as people like to say this is the best PvP game it's the only game I don't participate in PvP. I don't find the PvP here entertaining or rewarding. I could not care less about some 'kill mail' and I find attacking players that have no chance of fighting back cowardly. Fighting for territory I see as purposeful but staring at an overview screen and a bunch of red + signs just turns me off combine that with you don't even really 'fly' your ship. Blah Boring.

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2012-02-09 20:12:28 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Lady Vella seems to know a bit about eve's game mechanics. She also appears to have an alt. The alt appears to be into pvp.]

Neither char actually seems to PvP though, at least there's no combat record around. Maybe the alt was just saying they are into PvP to get access to something or try to hide in a PvP corp to mine, its common enough.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#90 - 2012-02-09 20:14:37 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Quote:

I believe the 4 pages fo responses answers your question. OP knew that people would jump all over this and start reciting the Eve national Anthem "Eve Is Harsh". This was done for the lulz.

It is **** easy to troll these lot.

Ironically you were the first hit in this thread.

Valei Khurelem
#91 - 2012-02-09 20:15:39 UTC
;D

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#92 - 2012-02-09 20:27:09 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Lady Vella seems to know a bit about eve's game mechanics. She also appears to have an alt. The alt appears to be into pvp.]

Neither char actually seems to PvP though, at least there's no combat record around. Maybe the alt was just saying they are into PvP to get access to something or try to hide in a PvP corp to mine, its common enough.

They also claim to be an 03 but both characters were made in December of 11 from what I can tell. Either this is more elaborate than we think or it may be possible that the person had another toon from ages ago. Makes you curious why a supposed new player would purchase 2 accounts at 3 months each to start, doesn't it?

Hainnz
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2012-02-09 20:43:31 UTC
troll thread is troll
Yahrr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#94 - 2012-02-09 21:02:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Yahrr
Lady Vella wrote:
CCP your game is a pile of **** and ill be publicly slamming it on every website i am a member of

I wnat to remind you that it was YOU who accepted the game after the free trial. No one forced you to join. If you're unhappy with Eve in it's current form, then maybe you should take a break, or even leave if you prefer that option. Ranting in public and threatening a company with bad reviews out of revenge for your own misstep only makes you look bad.

Edited the post because CCP ate my previous one. Hey wait a moment... CCP your forum is a pile of **** and ill be publicly slamming it on every website i am a member of. Lol
Conrad Makbure
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2012-02-09 21:08:46 UTC
Lady Vella wrote:
So

I started EvE Online a few months back. I was told by a friend who lives in deep null that it was an awsum game and since we both quit WoW when cata came out i thought hell ill try it

So...

Every corp i have joined has been war decced within 2-3 days of me joining it. What im told are griefer corps

I wanted to be a miner - why can i not play how i want to?

I am being forced into war and pvp

Im done

CCP your game is a pile of **** and ill be publicly slamming it on every website i am a member of

Pathetic

I sent you an in game mail, take a look at it and reply, please.
Ai Shun
#96 - 2012-02-09 21:13:02 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

They also claim to be an 03 but both characters were made in December of 11 from what I can tell. Either this is more elaborate than we think or it may be possible that the person had another toon from ages ago. Makes you curious why a supposed new player would purchase 2 accounts at 3 months each to start, doesn't it?

It was explained in one of the posts you linked to. The player alleged their accounts were compromised by ISK sellers and banned.

P.S. Good catch. All the replies show how many people never made it to page 3 before replying Big smile
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2012-02-09 21:21:27 UTC
Everything you do in EVE is PVP, not always the life or death kind but you will always be competing with other players.

Even mining involves PVP. You are competing with the other miners to get the best ore and as much of it as possible.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Eve Is Real
#98 - 2012-02-09 21:21:45 UTC
OP has misunderstood something, EVE IS REAL
Spenser for Hire
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#99 - 2012-02-09 21:49:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Spenser for Hire
Serge Bastana wrote:
So you came from WoW expecting to be wrapped in cotton wool like you were there, sorry to disappoint, but that's not how it works here. This is a game for people who don't need their hand held when they cross the road. And if all you wanted to do was mine then you're missing out on the best part of the game.

It may sound harsh but it's a much different game, you've expressed you're opinion and you're free to, but this is how the game is, it won't change because you've come here expecting minecraft or whatever you thought it would be like.

And we aren't trolling you either, despite what Valei Khurelem claims, we're simply telling you like it is. If you don't like the truth then hope you find the game you're looking for. Good luck.

If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times: The Sandbox is Overrun by Bullies.

EVE is advertised as a "Sandbox", you know, a game where you can do whatever you want to do. Like Mine.

The quoted post is pure bullying, at its worst. You can almost see his index and middle finger repeatedly stabbing into the shoulder of the Original Poster as he says: "Oh Yeah? Well this is how EVE is! Ya got it! Ya play how we want ya to, not how you want to. Ya get it?!"

Don't ask me to post with my main! You post with your main first!

Ai Shun
#100 - 2012-02-09 22:00:33 UTC
Spenser for Hire wrote:
EVE is advertised as a "Sandbox", you know, a game where you can do whatever you want to do. Like Mine.

And you can. So where is the problem?