These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Lock This thread - shame on your ccp for allowing this to end this way - 7 pages of hate

Author
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#21 - 2012-02-09 10:41:04 UTC
BTW, an interesting line from your OP:

Lady Vella wrote:
I was told by a friend who lives in deep null that it was an awsum game

Which leads to a question:

- Are you surprised that a player who seeks out player made content in a PVP MMO enjoys the game more than someone who sits in highsec, doing repetitive tasks over and over?

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-02-09 10:43:23 UTC
Lady Vella wrote:
Every corp i have joined has been war decced within 2-3 days of me joining it.

Way to blow your spy cover.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-02-09 10:52:12 UTC
Another bear tagged and bagged.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-02-09 11:05:03 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
You're going to get trolled :( Sorry to see you go, but I'm planning on buying PLEX with the ISK I make just so I can stick around here laughing at the PvPers as they kill their game.

So true. This is exactly why EVE has been dying for close to 9 years now and shows no signs of recovery.

Must be a very, very, very... slow death if 'something' is dying for that many years...

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Mai Khumm
#25 - 2012-02-09 11:11:32 UTC
WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie weither you win or loose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...
Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2012-02-09 11:21:58 UTC
@OP:

- Join a NPC corp if you are scared of war decs. *
- Insure your mining ship as you still might get killed by suicide gankers **
- Mine and yawn, mine and yawn, mine and yawn, mine and yawn, mine and yawn ...
- Possibly profit

* It's more fun to join a good player corp that can defend itself.
** I never had problems with gankers whenever I mined, but since you came from WoW, you might be less lucky in EvE.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-02-09 11:32:15 UTC
Why are there so many kids opening up threads now ? O_o

Just ignore them and they'll go away anyway !
Captain Torgo
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-02-09 11:43:39 UTC
You probably got wardec'ed so many times because you or members of your corp mouthed off or acted a fool to the wrong people (as wowtards are often prone to do). You get away with it in wow all the time because other players have no recourse except to put you on ignore.

In eve, players have a lot of options to choose from when dealing with wowtards. The preferred method for dealing with obnoxious morons is PvP and eve has lots if it.

Judging by your attitude and behavior, I'm guessing eve is not the first game you've emo rage quit from. When there's a reoccurring theme like that, it means you can't cut it anywhere else in the gaming world. You are the lowest common denominator that naturally trickled down into the bilge that is wow.
Alissa Solette
Emergency Exit
#29 - 2012-02-09 12:14:50 UTC
Go back to WOW.

You won't be missed.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Valentinian Aulmais
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-02-09 12:26:59 UTC
Lady Vella wrote:
So

I started EvE Online a few months back. I was told by a friend who lives in deep null that it was an awsum game and since we both quit WoW when cata came out i thought hell ill try it

So...

Every corp i have joined has been war decced within 2-3 days of me joining it. What im told are griefer corps

I wanted to be a miner - why can i not play how i want to?

I am being forced into war and pvp

Im done

CCP your game is a pile of **** and ill be publicly slamming it on every website i am a member of

Pathetic

You don't HAVE to PvP, you could mine in high-sec in a Hulk. What you need to remember is that EVE has one of the most childish and immature communities of any game, even more than WoW percentage-wise. This means that as soon as someone sees you in low-security space, there's no rhyme or reason for it - they're going to kill you. So you go with a friend or in a ship you don't mind losing. That's just the way EVE is.
Heimdallofasgard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-02-09 12:27:32 UTC
THANKS FOR PLAYING! :D
Hayley Endymion
#32 - 2012-02-09 12:32:53 UTC
Valentinian Aulmais wrote:
Lady Vella wrote:
So

I started EvE Online a few months back. I was told by a friend who lives in deep null that it was an awsum game and since we both quit WoW when cata came out i thought hell ill try it

So...

Every corp i have joined has been war decced within 2-3 days of me joining it. What im told are griefer corps

I wanted to be a miner - why can i not play how i want to?

I am being forced into war and pvp

Im done

CCP your game is a pile of **** and ill be publicly slamming it on every website i am a member of

Pathetic

You don't HAVE to PvP, you could mine in high-sec in a Hulk. What you need to remember is that EVE has one of the most childish and immature communities of any game, even more than WoW percentage-wise. This means that as soon as someone sees you in low-security space, there's no rhyme or reason for it - they're going to kill you. So you go with a friend or in a ship you don't mind losing. That's just the way EVE is.

Calling people childish for pvping for "no rhyme or reason" in an MMO that is so utterly and completely focused on players interacting and fighting each other?

Sorry, what?
Lexmana
#33 - 2012-02-09 12:36:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
It is nice to see one I am leaving and one Im Back thread on the first page in GD. We lost one and gained another. EvE is truly evolving and is a better game today than yesterday. Thanks OP for doing the right thing and good luck.
VIP Ares
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-02-09 12:37:38 UTC
LOL I have a feeling so many people got trolled this time.

http://www.balex.info/index.php/pilot_detail/47623/

Fouljin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-02-09 12:38:54 UTC
I also played WoW, alot. I loved it untill first expansion when I was done with it.
Also in WoW, if you have played in pvp server, it's pretty much forced pvp, more like lvlcap epic nerd slaughtering lowlevels while laughing at it.

If you are in Null corp and alliance and you are living in null I dont really see how a wardec is ruining your mining career?
I mean mining in your corps own pocket in null with wardec is ALOT safer than mining in highsec without wardec!

Here is how to survive null mining while in war and other stuff.

- Choose suitable roidbelt in the system your corp/aliance has a POS / station.
- Use Hulk with tank! You need tank to repell those fat rats that spawn on belts.
- Always, always keep aligned to station / pos for quick espace.
- Have a corp mate / alt to do the hauling.
- Train scanning skills and look for gravsite, even more safe as it takes a while for enemy so scan you down when they enter the system, if they even bother to do that, gives you more time to espace back to pos / station.

For the rest of the time when you are NOT mining, it get boring soon.... ;)
- Train basic combat / tackle skills and learn to fly ships of your choise to at least to battlecruiser. You can contribute with small and fast frigate on combat, even with lowskills. My first days in Null years ago, I was flying a Rifter with basic tackle and speed. Had tons of fun and as I hope, respect as I did my part defending alliance sov. Later I flew cruisers, battlecruiser and so on.

- Also PI is nice passive income and your alliance can benefit from it too, making you a valuable asset to alliance / corp in time. Also basic PI skills won't take that long to train.

- Never EVER go to highsec while in war! Simple as that! Unless you got a ship that can survive highsec gatecamps.

- Remember, in Eve things take time. There is NO shortcuts. Plan your skill training at least 6 months ahead, I prefer one year.
- Keep a jumpclone in highsec just in case, never know when you need it. Also keep a spare ship suitable for your career in highsec just in case. So even if everything goes "Pete Tong" in null, you have at least something to return to.

In Eve, plan and thing things before you rush into them. In WoW, there is basicly no consecuenses for your actions, in Eve, almost everything you do has. This is most important difference between Wow or any other wowlike mmo and Eve.

I personally have lost billions of isk in pvp, made billions in missions/salvage/trade etc,have camped gates, had been blow to oblivion in gatecamps, been in rock bottom with no isk and crappy frigate and always crawled my way back to normal happy life in Eve.

And btw, it took me about year and half to really get into Eve. (Thou eve was a bit different in 2006)

Oh yeah, almost forgot, don't forget to salt your fries!
Theuzal Har
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-02-09 13:12:28 UTC
Same thing happened to me, I went from WOW to WOT and everyone started attacking me. I should be allowed to do exploration in my tank, I dont even load any ammo so Im no threat.
Alexandra Delarge
The Korova
#37 - 2012-02-09 13:15:52 UTC
A previous Lady Vella post says:

Lady Vella wrote:

Hi

So i recently came back to the game last month. I have so far joined three corps that have promised the world and done jack ****

My patience, with EvE is now going to **** and back. I paid for these accounts for three months. I am an exp player from 03-09

I have 2.6bil ISK from plex sales and dont REQUIRE anything from a corp except group activites in EMPIRE for the time being.

I suppose my last post wasnt specific enough. So ill make it this time. And yes, i am VERY angry.

Level 4 missions (corp or group)
Sum interest in Incursions would be nice
Low sec pvp roams that actually get results not sucicde.
Ts3 is a must with active people
ACTIVE corp in the EU/UK TZ

I am sorry to be a **** but i pay, i deserve to play this game as i see fit

Please respond here or mail LADY HOFSTEDAR

Thank you

Doesn't mention being war decced. U trolling?
Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#38 - 2012-02-09 13:36:43 UTC
Your stuff? I can has?

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-02-09 13:38:19 UTC
Bye, wimp.
gfldex
#40 - 2012-02-09 13:40:00 UTC
Lady Vella wrote:
What im told are griefer corps

You are welcome.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.