These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Nerf The Tengu.

Author
Ryder 3vyn
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-02-08 05:56:27 UTC
The Tengu is obviously in need of a nerf.

When you are able to pump two billion ISK into a ship and use it with a five hundred million ISK boosting alt + a scouting alt to make it be able to take on lots of things, that obviously means it is overpowered, alright?

Also hoping you guys can see the sarcasm in this post and see that the Tengu is not in need of a nerf. It is only as effective as the other T3s should be... and without all the ISK people dump into them and without the boosting alts it would not be that effective... really.
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-02-08 06:01:22 UTC
Ryder 3vyn wrote:
The Tengu is obviously in need of a nerf.

When you are able to pump two billion ISK into a ship and use it with a five hundred million ISK boosting alt + a scouting alt to make it be able to take on lots of things, that obviously means it is overpowered, alright?

This part right here would have been a 7/10...

Quote:
Also hoping you guys can see the sarcasm in this post and see that the Tengu is not in need of a nerf. It is only as effective as the other T3s should be... and without all the ISK people dump into them and without the boosting alts it would not be that effective... really.

...but this messed it all up. I was looking forward to seeing a flood of tears.
Angsty Teenager
Broski North
#3 - 2012-02-08 07:30:18 UTC
The only reason I can see anybody considering the tengu overpowered is if you fit it with a 100mn AB as cheaply as possible and run it with skirmish links. Though I would argue that in this case it is not the tengu that is overpowered, but rather skirmish links.

Otherwise it does basically everything else pretty badly on a price/performance basis. Honestly I'm not really that familiar with how effective the tengu fleet comp is in direct comparison to other fleet comps, so maybe it's severely OP there, but I don't really think so. And even in the situation where it is decided that the tengu is OP in fleets (buffer,ab, HM fit I mean), it's ultimately more an issue of the insane damage projection of heavy missiles than the tengu itself (see drakes).
Jude Lloyd
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-02-08 07:38:25 UTC
Nerf this, buff that! All this whining can get a little old.

JUST STFU AND PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME.

Or play something else...

Lol

I'm back!

Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-02-08 08:36:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Whiite
Scissors : "Paper is fine nerf Rock"
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#6 - 2012-02-08 12:05:59 UTC
I dislike the overpowered resists on those babies...
Nerf them plz - Isk alone should not make these ships so difficult to kill...

Strategic Cruisers should be good because of the versatility, not their abilities to tank like a commandship, do damage like a battleship while dodging like a cruiser and being unable to counter with anything but a blob.
Dztrgovac
#7 - 2012-02-08 12:12:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Dztrgovac
Go, fit a 3Bn Vindi or Bhall fit or even a bloody Mach or any non missile non oversized AB T3 setup, and get a T3 booster and a scouting alt, any drugs and implants of your choosing, and go try to engage series of 4-7 man gangs and wipe the floor with each one.

100MN ab Tengu (and missile Legion with similar fit) are broken like old nano was broken. Missiles ignore your own speed and so avoid causing problems to your own tracking that gun nano ships have to work with. They can engage and disengage when and who they want; without really committing to fights. Nano age didn't have that much solo pimp ships raping gang after gang, it was mostly nano gangs doing the raping. And extreme availability of T3 booster alts now also gives you ability to tackle people from 50km and laugh at them, being able to disengage whenever you want.
Wyte Ragnarok
#8 - 2012-02-08 12:22:08 UTC
I'd happily welcome a Tengu nerf. But only to see those that flew one whine so hard. It'd be hilarious, it really would.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#9 - 2012-02-08 12:22:51 UTC
Jude Lloyd wrote:

Lol

Did you even read the OP?

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Zeb Rain
DPS-K
#10 - 2012-02-08 12:56:09 UTC
S A N D B O X. So no oversized mods now eh? so thatll be a no to MSBs on frig hulls fx? Tengu not OP, rather situational in fact just made to seem OP by the relative stupidity of some targets.
Rancyin
Balls Deep Inc.
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#11 - 2012-02-08 13:07:19 UTC
Pointless post in a pointless thread.

Sprite Can
#12 - 2012-02-08 13:09:22 UTC
Jude Lloyd wrote:

Lol

Successful troll is successful, even though OP admits to being a troll in the OP? ¯\(°_0)/¯

Refreshing Lemon-Lime~

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#13 - 2012-02-08 13:15:16 UTC
Sprite Can is cute.

Sprite Can
#14 - 2012-02-08 13:54:51 UTC
Roime wrote:
Sprite Can is cute.

Bear

Refreshing Lemon-Lime~

Derth Ramir
Fight The Blob
#15 - 2012-02-08 15:18:49 UTC
Jude Lloyd wrote:

Lol

I love you Jude P

Fight The Blob.

shal ri
Konigreich Preuben
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres.
#16 - 2012-02-08 15:41:08 UTC
Pinky Denmark wrote:

Strategic Cruisers should be good because of the versatility, not their abilities to tank like a commandship, do damage like a battleship while dodging like a cruiser and being unable to counter with anything but a blob.

if u need a blob to kill a tengu then u really suck at pvp and should just give up now. try something easier. like killing rats in a mish or something.
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-02-08 15:46:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Roosterton
Quote:

Rapier + Neut Dominix = Tengu dead with only ~250mil isk.

Sure, you'll probably lose the Rapier, but not before the Domi has gotten into its own web range.

Also, aren't the resists the same as t2 ships?
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#18 - 2012-02-08 16:58:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Denmark
shal ri wrote:
if u need a blob to kill a tengu then u really suck at pvp and should just give up now. try something easier. like killing rats in a mish or something.

Or the first adrestia ? http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13602210

Seriously the only thing stopping these ships from being widely used is their pricetag...
I agree Tengu in itself isn't THAT dangerous and the right tools can disable it, however in empire and lowsec the T3 ships have the ability to fight hugely outnumbered, kill a few enemies and still deagress and jump/dock due to massive resists.

Furthermore the smart 100mn Tengu can pull range to about anything with ease (and a bit of situational awareness) making them very frustrating to fight for people who don't have a small fleet ready with a surprise rapier. Granted, they are not all solowtfpwnbbq machines but if you don't have T3 ships yourself or fly with a well prepared group it's rarely a good idea to engage...
Luckily ofcourse Eve have major numbers of poorly experienced and ill lesser skilled Tengu pilots flying them because they "heard what they are capable of" but that doesn't mean the T3 ships have any meaningfull disadvantages...

Pinky
Noisrevbus
#19 - 2012-02-08 22:20:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Noisrevbus
Pinky Denmark wrote:

Which closes a quite entertaining circle, since they're also used as one of the few available counters to blobs on various levels of the game (100mn roaming, sig-buffer-reach fleeting; though the latter seem to have already hit the counter-balance issue of numbers, if you listen to Mittens latest smug on the MB3 show that got referenced by Jester's trek and linked up on these forums). I wonder when people wake up and realize that ship-ship balancing is getting more and more skewered by scale.

Kinda like Titans, and all discussion revolving around them - and once again a question of circling semantics ;).

As for the internal balance of Tech III... i guess it's pretty common knowledge these days that the Legion and Tengu only have mainstream-appeal in their respective "HAC" setups, while the Proteus and Loki respectively have their mainstream appeal in their "Recon" setups. It's quite balanced, beside the fact that it's statistically more representative flying a general purpose "HAC" than a more role specific "Recon" when Top20 lists and such are compiled.

In other uses the Loki is the most prioritized booster, the Tengu seem most proficient at reliable PvE-DPS when exploration fit, the Proteus has the best gank-return (even when cloaky) and the Legion have the most allround applicable side-appeal by dipping into the "Recon" ideal with it's mini-Bhaal mimic. I am probably omitting a bunch of other potential or circular uses, but that's the gist of it. There's really no such thing as untolerable imbalance among the Strategic Cruisers - mostly just a question of people wanting their Proteus do what the Tengu do well and vice versa, instead of training for a ship that match their personal purpose.

In that regard, the people crying out for a nerf to the Tengu is doing pretty much the same thing as the guy who wanted drones back on his Moros and got chewed out for it. The only difference is there being more idiots trying to empire-PvE with their Stratcruisers than there are trying othersec-PvE with their Dreads.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#20 - 2012-02-08 22:57:29 UTC
Dztrgovac wrote:

100MN ab Tengu (and missile Legion with similar fit) are broken like old nano was broken. Missiles ignore your own speed and so avoid causing problems to your own tracking that gun nano ships have to work with. They can engage and disengage when and who they want; without really committing to fights. Nano age didn't have that much solo pimp ships raping gang after gang, it was mostly nano gangs doing the raping. And extreme availability of T3 booster alts now also gives you ability to tackle people from 50km and laugh at them, being able to disengage whenever you want.

Pretty much this.

You can't cram in a 100mn ab into HAC or CS and get away with that. The same should apply for tech3. Atm penalties for fitting 100mn ab into tech3 cruisers are just insufficient.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

123Next page