These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So I dodged a shameless 0.0 ganker today

Author
Alua Oresson
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#61 - 2012-02-08 14:41:02 UTC
Rhinanna wrote:
And now you will be forever dammed for not meantioning the Sleipnir!!!!!

I knew there were more, that's what the dots were for. I blame the drugs.

Cebraio wrote:
Claymore and Absolution? Anyone?

I got most of them. Just didn't feel like writing them all. Besides, missing the more famous ones insured I'd get some sort of response. Lol

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

Kraven Stark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-02-08 14:41:12 UTC
Valei, I just sent you a mail. I think you may find it a lot more satisfying than dealing with all the non-helpers currently trolling your thread.
Josef Djugashvilis
#63 - 2012-02-08 14:56:04 UTC
If I were to fly alone in 0.0 and did not get ganked, I would regard it as a failure by the local inhabitants.

This is not a signature.

TheBlueMonkey
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2012-02-08 15:01:32 UTC
Kraven Stark wrote:
Valei, I just sent you a mail. I think you may find it a lot more satisfying than dealing with all the non-helpers currently trolling your thread.

Whatever they said, IT'S A TRAP!!!!
Othran
Route One
#65 - 2012-02-08 15:09:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Othran
Tithi wrote:
Judging by the things he says in other threads, i actually don't know if this is a troll...

Its no troll. He's playing the wrong game but is too pig-headed to admit it.

Frankly he reminds me of most of the Earth and Beyond refugees who tried Eve when that game closed. A VERY small number of them adapted to Eve, most went off moaning about "griefers". A fair proportion of them tried to get CCP to change the game. By and large they failed, hence why Eve is still around and all the other space MMOs failed.

He's one of them.
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#66 - 2012-02-08 15:13:49 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:

Well I'm done responding intelligently in this thread because no one else against me is bothering to so:.

Please show us where you responded intelligently even once... You are a whiner plain and simple. Get lost already and find a game you can handle...
Valei Khurelem
#67 - 2012-02-08 15:23:37 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
If I were to fly alone in 0.0 and did not get ganked, I would regard it as a failure by the local inhabitants.

I think the people on this thread are probably alts. of the ones that tried to gank me in 0.0, it would certainly explain a lot :D

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Alua Oresson
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#68 - 2012-02-08 15:24:43 UTC
Othran wrote:
Tithi wrote:
Judging by the things he says in other threads, i actually don't know if this is a troll...

Its no troll. He's playing the wrong game but is too pig-headed to admit it.

Frankly he reminds me of most of the Earth and Beyond refugees who tried Eve when that game closed. A VERY small number of them adapted to Eve, most went off moaning about "griefers". A fair proportion of them tried to get CCP to change the game. By and large they failed, hence why Eve is still around and all the other space MMOs failed.

He's one of them.

HEY! I resemble that remark... well kind of. I started with Eve, then went over to Earth and Beyond, back to Eve, over to a bunch of other MMO's.

As for the OP, the reason that you are being "picked" on is that you have made yourself out to be a victim. Eve is a game that Jack London would have been proud of if he were into space ships. Eve very much follows the laws of tooth and claw. It is not necessarily the strong that survive, it is the tough.

Eve is danger. The whole point of the game is that intense rush of adrenalin that you get when you are risking your ship against another. I've had times playing where I've had to log off the rush was so intense. Some people enjoy that rush, other people don't. If you didn't get pleasure from that rush when you were running away from that battlecruiser, I'm sad to say that this game isn't for you. That doesn't make you a bad person, an idiot, or some stupid newb. All it makes you is unsuited to what this game caters to.

Othran
Route One
#69 - 2012-02-08 15:40:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Othran
Alua Oresson wrote:
HEY! I resemble that remark... well kind of. I started with Eve, then went over to Earth and Beyond, back to Eve, over to a bunch of other MMO's.

Oh I got no problem with that.

The problem I have/had is people who come from failing/dying games and try to change Eve "for the better". The game they came from died because people got bored with it or the devs screwed up (hi SoE), yet they bring the same attitude to the next game.

What brings me back to Eve is exactly as you said - the knowledge that you're NOT safe anywhere apart from station.

I'm one of these people who don't much like adrenaline rush (despite having BASE jumped off seriously scary stuff before glide suits Lol ) and the challenge for me is to minimise that rush. I quite understand people who hate the feeling but they're playing the wrong game. Simple as that.
Alua Oresson
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#70 - 2012-02-08 15:52:04 UTC
Whereas I find it fun warping into a 150 man Drake fleet in a HIC while my fleet tries to take out as many as they can before I go pop.

Othran
Route One
#71 - 2012-02-08 16:11:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Othran
Alua Oresson wrote:
Whereas I find it fun warping into a 150 man Drake fleet in a HIC while my fleet tries to take out as many as they can before I go pop.

Oh nothing in a fleet causes any adrenaline rush. Solo or FC does but not fleet work. Fleet/gang is just (mainly) nice and relaxing.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#72 - 2012-02-08 16:35:35 UTC
These threads tend to go into the direction of how hard it is to earn the big ISK while being hunted or harassed.

But even when there is no goal for earnings, sometimes dealing with the ganksters is like going into the nearest ghetto or trailer park and dealing with the kind of people who will want to beat you up just for being there.

Notice how, in the USA for example, in more than 30 states if someone wants to hurt you you can shoot them dead legally without having to run away first. That is, when someone says "I'm gonna put you in the hospital", you can draw fire, drop them where they stand, and not go to prison..

Yet those states have a lot of trailer parks or ghettos. Why are they not cleaned out of the kind of people who have nothing better to do than sit on a corner and wait for someone to come along that they can mess with?

Because even if you can dispatch "that kind of person" be it in RL or a game, dealing with them is a downer. It's a myth that killing arseholes is supposed to feel good. That's a Clint Eastwood movie fantasy thing.

So nobody goes to trailer parks or ghettos in RL - unless they are unlucky enough to live there.

Now who, in a game where you have more choices, wants to go to a virtual TP/Ghetto where there are that "kind of people" who have nothing better to do?

Same downer, same "Jerry Springer Experience", same feeling. That's not entertainment. It's not fun.

Factor in the ISK, time, etc, and there is even less reason.

When I go to 0.0, I don't use "their" gates and never use "their" stations, and have a cloak too. Indeed the OP is wrong on many counts and needs to review his approach to this. There are better ways around this problem other than being a whinosaurus on the forums. But we should not get too stuck on blaming the victim.

We can see the "join a corp" answer as usual, but that "solution" is just as bad as going alone. Having to choose between being a renter or a target is not going to make null space the huge desirable frontier that it could be. No matter how many times people say otherwise, reality and economics will trump them. Even if you like slaving for a null overlord or losing ships constantly, you eventually run out of time or ISK or both.

My solution: don't bother with 0.0 except to exploit it. Roam deep in the pockets beyond the great wall of carebear where you won't see anybody for days at a time - sometimes weeks if you hit the right constellation. Use wormholes to get in and get out, staying off their gank pipelines that they insist is the only way to get in and out (proving that sitting on gates all day does not make you a knowledgeable player) . Base out of high sec, work in null. And if they want to send a team in to bubble camp you all day, AFK cloak or log into an alt and go earn ISK doing something else.
Give them a reason to field expensive hardware but never give them a target. NEVER answer them (unless you want your faith in humanity lowered a little), but if you find something juicy, just put a link to the item in local when they smack you. That really makes them mad. They actually feel like you stole from them, and there's nothing like griefing somebody with PVE content: meaning their own ways and being the way they are fuels their own grief and you didn't have to lift a finger.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#73 - 2012-02-08 16:49:36 UTC
When an alarming majority say the same thing, perhaps one should reconsider their stance and rethinks their actions.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Valei Khurelem
#74 - 2012-02-08 17:07:08 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
When an alarming majority say the same thing, perhaps one should reconsider their stance and rethinks their actions.

So according to you about 15 people posting in one thread against what I had to say is a majority?

You know, this really reminds me of the Republican primaries taking place right now in America.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Serene Repose
#75 - 2012-02-08 17:12:02 UTC
You really haven't been keeping up with the discussion, OP. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. People in 0.0 are trying to tilt the game to make everyone else roll down the table to them so they can gank them. YOU SEE, it gets awful lonely out there with no one to gank. Even Goonwaffle broke under the boredom and fell for some hair-brained scheme of Mitt's to corner the ice market by ganking hulks at ice belts. They just wanted an excuse to come back into the higher sec areas to have something to break up the tedium of watching each other in 0.0, or spinning their ship trying to keep that "I'm a bada$$ for being here" feeling alive.

0.0 people don't want company out there to make life rosy. They want victims. They're so bored they'll chase a pod around. They're going stir crazy out there. I guess you discovered that first hand, though.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

DelBoy Trades
Trotter Independent Traders.
#76 - 2012-02-08 17:17:15 UTC
Google "World of Warcraft" I think it'll be right up your street.

Damn nature, you scary!

Alua Oresson
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#77 - 2012-02-08 17:18:16 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

So according to you about 15 people posting in one thread against what I had to say is a majority?

You know, this really reminds me of the Republican primaries taking place right now in America.

Done with this thread. OP doesn't want a discussion, he wants to troll.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#78 - 2012-02-08 17:25:18 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Even Goonwaffle broke under the boredom and fell for some hair-brained scheme of Mitt's to corner the ice market by ganking hulks at ice belts.
What's hair-brained about hurting your opponents while making an absolute fsckton of money at a very small cost, all while having fun in the process?

Anyway, the problem here is quite clear: the OP thinks “sandbox” means single-player creative-mode minecraft, when it's actually (unmoderated) surival-mode multiplayer minecraft… They may seem similar and even fall under the same heading, but they're not nearly the same game.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#79 - 2012-02-08 17:43:28 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

15 people telling you X

You (1) saying Y

15 is more than 1 so yes, they are the majority. This concludes today's math lessons.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Valei Khurelem
#80 - 2012-02-08 18:01:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
There are currently 38,564 active players on the EVE server right now, I laugh at your majority.

Quote:
Done with this thread. OP doesn't want a discussion, he wants to troll.

If you think I'm a troll then why do you all keep posting? :)