These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ermm.. The Account Management screen is confusing...

Author
Darkquest
Phoenix Trade Inc.
#1 - 2012-02-07 20:22:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkquest
I have a stupid question, and the Support screen doesn't really help.
http://support.eveonline.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=21 <- This screen.

How do I change my credit card information in the account management? Its different from what I am usually used to.
Also I don't know if this is in the right section. >.>
Logix42
Taxation Damnation
#2 - 2012-02-07 20:36:34 UTC
Wow something that should be simple, never noticed before

Not sure how to do this other than maybe cancel and then subscribe again.

Go beyond the edge of space... Explore

Darkquest
Phoenix Trade Inc.
#3 - 2012-02-07 20:39:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkquest
They should really update their Support page about how do edit your freaking credit card information, instead of doing a cancel/re-subscription thing because that's just lazy. They can easy add "Edit Credit Card Information" in the Account Management... screen...

Oh and to be slightly off topic; they should really lower the sound effects of the Strip Miners because they are too freaking loud, even on the "Option" quieter turret sounds.
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#4 - 2012-02-07 20:56:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Famble
Logix42 wrote:
Wow something that should be simple, never noticed before

Not sure how to do this other than maybe cancel and then subscribe again.

I have, some months ago. Tried to figure out how to check which card I was using and could not. The front-facing web site probably doesn't even have access to that data. It simply gets access to simple data such as: card processed = true, time remaining = 27 days etc. but not the card itself.

Lazy? Perhaps, but also rock solid security. That's the damn thing with security, it's super freaking easy to make something un-hackable. The age old problem of course isn't making it unhackable; it's the delicate balance of security vs. actual usability.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Darkquest
Phoenix Trade Inc.
#5 - 2012-02-07 21:00:04 UTC
Famble, I like the corporation's name you are in.
I have to agree about the "Security" is important but some convenience would be nice...