These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

patch is broke

First post
Author
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#21 - 2012-02-07 15:31:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Famble
IT Tech. No I doubt that. Unless you're working a help desk reading procedures and walkthroughs that the other, actual techs write for you. Us real IT guys know better than to post like a b1tch when da compooter not worky. Us IT guys are a pleasure for other actual IT guys to work with over the phone when something doesn't work.

Anyway:
1. Start -> Run -> type taskmgr
2. Find repair.exe or exefile.exe or any other executable that bears the Eve name and kill em dead
3. Find and run the repair tool as an administrator (assuming you're on 7 or Vista) by right clicking and choosing or shift, left-clicking it
4. If that fails make note of the error and report it

If it were me I'd be downloading the client in its entirety while I was doing the above just in case.

Good luck.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Shazzam Vokanavom
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-02-07 16:32:25 UTC
Would not want to be stuck in a broken lift with the OP.
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#23 - 2012-02-07 16:39:12 UTC
Shazzam Vokanavom wrote:

As a legal concealed-carry guy here in my home state I'd be subtly gripping my Glock that's for sure. But that said, I too wouldn't want to be stuck in a lift with this guy.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Lady Hofstedar
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-02-07 17:29:54 UTC
Famble wrote:
Shazzam Vokanavom wrote:

As a legal concealed-carry guy here in my home state I'd be subtly gripping my Glock that's for sure. But that said, I too wouldn't want to be stuck in a lift with this guy.

yes because hvaing a gun makes u such a big man, no it doesnt, it makes u a damn coward

*i own a gun because i cant defend myself*

grow up, guns are for pussies
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#25 - 2012-02-07 17:34:18 UTC
Lady Hofstedar wrote:
Famble wrote:
Shazzam Vokanavom wrote:

yes because hvaing a gun makes u such a big man, no it doesnt, it makes u a damn coward

*i own a gun because i cant defend myself*

grow up, guns are for pussies

Guns aren't for defense they are for preemptive strikes.

And anyway, calm down.

File a petition detailing your issues and what you have tried.

I don't know what could be the problem, as I didn't have it. Perhaps you have an odd Firewall or Process Execution Prevention program that is getting in the way. Just a guess.
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#26 - 2012-02-07 17:36:31 UTC
Some guns are for planting. Everyone should have a drop gun. Just saying.

Vic Tandi
Giron Logistics
#27 - 2012-02-07 18:03:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Vic Tandi
Famble wrote:

Here in good ol' Europe citizen usually don't need any gun at all because robbers wont shoot you in the face trying to take your wallet. Gunfire with homicide in my 3rd world town with 1.4 mil citizens is always like some extraordinary event.
Just saying. Blink
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#28 - 2012-02-07 18:11:57 UTC
Vic Tandi wrote:
Famble wrote:

Here in good ol' Europe citizen usually don't need any gun at all because robbers wont shoot you in the face trying to take your wallet. Gunfire with homicide in my 3rd world town with 1.4 mil citizens is always like some extraordinary event.
Just saying. Blink

Usually isn't good enough for me.

Jim Pooley
Swiss Army Spoons
#29 - 2012-02-07 18:47:43 UTC
Lady Hofstedar wrote:

Ive already checked my start panel and im an IT tech. im gonan restart then try it again.

It is scary how many people who have issues with the client are IT professionals. I am so glad I know nothing.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#30 - 2012-02-07 18:50:16 UTC
Well in France the thieves are robbing frozen food shops with AK-47's, so your not aware of anything...

Vic Tandi wrote:
Famble wrote:

Just saying. Blink

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Famble
Three's a Crowd
#31 - 2012-02-07 19:08:10 UTC
Last time I looked it up a U.K. citizen is something like four or five times more likely to be the victim of a violent crime than a U.S. citizen per-capita.

Know why a U.S. citizen is four to five times less likely to get robbed? Because the would-be robber has to consider the very real possibility that the well dressed dude whom just walked out of the restaurant with his wife is armed. Heck, a quarter of the people I commiserate with regularly are and nobody would ever know.

Sirius Aollon
League of Innovation
#32 - 2012-02-24 17:27:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Sirius Aollon
Never mind Figure it out your elves
Sloppy Podfarts
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-02-24 17:33:01 UTC
What a maroon
Sirius Aollon
League of Innovation
#34 - 2012-02-24 18:33:47 UTC
Sloppy Podfarts wrote:
What a maroon

Obviously
Sloppy Podfarts come out genius~! Maybe he will fix it for you! Im done with it!
Cpt Syrinx
Jovian Labs
Jovian Enterprises
#35 - 2012-02-24 18:45:03 UTC
OP, when you are having patch issues, with stuff breaking all of the sudden, and there is no 100-page thread on the subject (i.e., you are one of the few), something on your end is bound to be broken.

Likely suspects:
- crappy intertubes (ping stuff to find out, you're an IT tech after all, right?), call ISP, shout at them
- broked memory (memtest, but you knew that), call memory maker for lifetime warranty stuff / hit self for buying crappy mem , get new mem with actual warranty / hit self for being a crappy IT tech and leaking static / bree all over your computer innards (choose appropriate option).
- generally unstable and / or rather ****** computer, do your IT tech thing to fix.

Also, magnets!
Murev Vorchilde
Research Industry Mining and Support
#36 - 2012-02-24 21:01:41 UTC
Famble wrote:
Last time I looked it up a U.K. citizen is something like four or five times more likely to be the victim of a violent crime than a U.S. citizen per-capita.

Know why a U.S. citizen is four to five times less likely to get robbed? Because the would-be robber has to consider the very real possibility that the well dressed dude whom just walked out of the restaurant with his wife is armed. Heck, a quarter of the people I commiserate with regularly are and nobody would ever know.

You got it the wrong way round, its 3.4x more likely to be a victim in the US and thats even with the US having a narrower definition of violent crime than other western countries.
Abon
Pandorum Research Incorporated
#37 - 2012-02-24 21:12:14 UTC
IT Consultant here, having a good laugh! Lol
Evei Shard
Shard Industries
#38 - 2012-02-24 23:09:29 UTC
Has anyone that has run into this problem actually had success with using the repair.exe tool without having to download the entire client again?

Profit favors the prepared

Kaanchana
Tax-haven
#39 - 2012-02-24 23:13:50 UTC
I did get the same problem. but it happened in the sisi client first since i updated that first. patch is downloaded but the client doesn't restart or anything. Had to re install it.

My both tranq clients updated fine though.
Previous page12