These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make Null Sec ratings change reflecting null sec up grades

Author
Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-02-06 19:43:21 UTC
A big chunk of the null sec soviernty system is about making a null sec system safer or more profitable.

What remains from the old upgrade system
OutPosts,
Jump Bridges
Cyno Beacons
Cyno Jammers
POS
make space safer, why does the security index go up? Is there a way to modify null sec status, is this not a game of risk = reward?

The Dominion System
Was a step in the right direction. Adding in more resources, but hidden belts, and not having to travel to rate once again lowered the risk, especially if it was a system with a station in it.
For the individual pilot, risk for reward is still tilting towards making the system Safer.

In order to make risk vs reward system in Null sec security rating be reactive to the action of what player does. Make the player choose between devils he wants – a true -1.00 Status, or a Station in a system. Give the Player a choice of red or blue flavor vs 1isk or 2isk a choice of gain.
This will make it a game of preference, not a game of consumption. This way you will have fewer arguments of balance.

Am I off my rocker? What do you think?

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#2 - 2012-02-06 22:15:10 UTC
The game is already designed in a way for that. Like you get a map and see what different areas offer, then head to that area. In a way what you want might have too drastic an impact. Usually a game places the rivers and mountains not the players changing things and placing rivers and mountains where they want them.

Be a fun idea, but I dont know the size of the impact and once that is known how easy or hard it is to do what ya wanted.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#3 - 2012-02-06 23:32:56 UTC
I've proposed in the past that there needed to be a way for the holder of nulsec to raise its security rating all the way to empire and as a reward the alliance that did that could control aspects of there new high(er) sec bubble and would get some sort of tax revenue from the occupants of their space.

Also, you should be able to do the same thing the other direction! Imagine a goon owned nulsec Jita! Big smile

Issler
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#4 - 2012-02-07 08:35:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Issler Dainze wrote:
I've proposed in the past that there needed to be a way for the holder of nulsec to raise its security rating all the way to empire and as a reward the alliance that did that could control aspects of there new high(er) sec bubble and would get some sort of tax revenue from the occupants of their space.

Also, you should be able to do the same thing the other direction! Imagine a goon owned nulsec Jita! Big smile

We would name it after the Mittani.

Or, if he doesn't like like having his name on Jita, home of the ridiculous local chat, we could name it:

xxXSephiroth 420SSJXxx WEED4LYFE

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-02-07 09:12:27 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:

No.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#6 - 2012-02-07 09:38:27 UTC
Null sov need changes for sure... again. Straight

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#7 - 2012-02-07 22:56:10 UTC
You just know something will mess up and suddenly Jita will become -1.0 sec status because of a bug.

And then explosions will occur! And people ganking us in Dek (if we're still around) will suddenly be CONCORDed.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#8 - 2012-02-08 01:13:44 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

No.

Yes.