These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Do Self Destruct Timers need to change based on Ship Mass?

Author
L0rdF1end
Gang Bang You're Dead
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#1 - 2012-02-06 13:30:56 UTC
I'm thinking anything BS and under can keep the two minute timer.

For actually getting the chance to kill anything else it would be good to see these timers increased.

Dread/Carrier = 4 minutes.
Motherships = 6 minutes
Titans = 8 minutes.

Flame away...
Mag's
Azn Empire
#2 - 2012-02-06 14:09:17 UTC
Way too long and quite frankly, laughable.

IF (and that's a big if) timers were changed, then 50% to caps and 100% to supers. Meaning 3 and 4 minutes respectively.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#3 - 2012-02-06 14:52:58 UTC
You do have a chance to kill anything and everything, two minutes is forever in the heat of battle. If you were insufficiently prepared for the battle you entered into, then you shouldn't have engaged in the first place. To quote an old saying, "Don't start something unless you can finish it".
L0rdF1end
Gang Bang You're Dead
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#4 - 2012-02-06 15:24:53 UTC
Fair enough. I've seen a lot of people self destruct ships easily within the 2 minute time, I'm talking about carriers and up.

This isn't really a fair reflection of ISK lost and skews killboard stats.
Just like the change to logoff, if you are prepared to commit something to a fight it should be fully committed, not escpaing a killmail by self destructing.

This isn't a ***** or a moan, just an idea I thought would make people be fully committed to the fight when using cap ships.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#5 - 2012-02-06 15:40:34 UTC
mxzf wrote:
You do have a chance to kill anything and everything, two minutes is forever in the heat of battle. If you were insufficiently prepared for the battle you entered into, then you shouldn't have engaged in the first place. To quote an old saying, "Don't start something unless you can finish it".

I'm guessing you've never been in a fight involving capitals. Two minutes is "forever" in a frigate fight, looking at your KB you aren't a PvP character, and you've never flown anything larger than a drake.

Since you don't engage in PvP, don't fly the ships this thread is about and don't have any experience killing them, on what exactly are you basing the statement "you do have a chance to kill anything and everything", guesswork?

In an even cap fight, the majority of the enemy fleet can easily self destruct if they start the moment they realize they have lost. And in the larger fleet fights, "bringing more deeps" isn't an option, because quite simply no one has enough supers to wipe a large enemy super fleet without the majority SDing.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#6 - 2012-02-06 18:25:53 UTC
This topic is full of no.

I should go start a counter topic that nerfs sub cap damage to capital hulls based on ship mass out of pure spite.

The nerve... well i never.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Xolve
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-02-06 18:38:55 UTC
Killmails don't matter.

They are not magical and do not make you better then anyone else just by having 'alot' of them. If someone is playing this game based on Killboard Stats or strictly for the purpose of Killmails, then that person should re-assess their reasoning for paying 15 bucks a month.

Super Cap pilots normally know full well when they are ******, and 2 minutes is usually not enough to save them. I would say though that your fix could be better applied if we were proposing to stop people from being able to Self Destruct if they are actively aggressed (this could be across the board).
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#8 - 2012-02-06 18:46:09 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
you've never flown anything larger than a drake.


Correction: I've never lost something larger than a Drake on this char and had it posted to the KB(s) you were looking at, that's all you know. How much you think I know about the topic at hand has zero bearing on how much I actually know.

The point remains that self destructing is working as intended, they have considered giving out KMs for the people who were firing on a ship when it self destructed, but that's it. Most more experienced players are also in agreement that the mechanic is working as intended too.

The only people who actually mind the current system are the ones who are worrying about their epeen and feel wronged by their lack of a KM to brag about. However they forget that a core principle in Eve is the ability to screw over anyone and everyone however you can, and self destructing is a way to screw over the person shooting you and make them rage because of a lack of KM. Working as intended.
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-02-06 18:59:09 UTC
L0rdF1end wrote:
Fair enough. I've seen a lot of people self destruct ships easily within the 2 minute time, I'm talking about carriers and up.

This isn't really a fair reflection of ISK lost and skews killboard stats.
Just like the change to logoff, if you are prepared to commit something to a fight it should be fully committed, not escpaing a killmail by self destructing.

This isn't a ***** or a moan, just an idea I thought would make people be fully committed to the fight when using cap ships.

From what I get reading this post

1. Butthurt Oops

2. If you seen a carrier self destruct, then you know...you lacked the proper resources to take it out so the optimal idea is to correct your **** up. You should be doing anything to win, but whining about losing is the equilivent to a miner looking his hulk to a gank...so HTFU and do better next time.

3. Butthurt OopsOops

4. Fair reflection is not a valid reason, EVE isn't fair. Every Tom, ****, and Harry beliving "fair" and "gamer score" are ******* idiots, you don't need a "reason" to do what it is you want to do in EVE except enjoy it. Also, KB, KM, ect ect repeat adnausem has...get this your mind will be blown away...ZERO ******* EFFECT AT ALL ON GAME PLAY! Thats right, your ID10T: User Error is the ******* reason you lost. See below why

5. Commit to the fight. Holy ******* hell are you a ******* moron. BOTH SIDES COMMIT TO THE FIGHT! So if you want to win...DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR ******* POWER TO DO IT! You, are obviously not commited enough to WIN! that you should just LOSE and HTFU that you are now a chump. The other guy, will do ANYTHING TO **** YOU OFF BECAUSE GAMER SCORE IS SO IMPORTANT TO SOME PEOPLE BUT HE DOESN'T CARE. Logoffski has nothing to do with self destruct, it was trying to protect the ship to fight another day...now POOF!!! its ******* gone and no longer exists.

6. Sounds like a pissmoan and bitchwhine. If you are truely commited to winning, you will bring more people and more DPS to down that mother ****** in half the time (Guy points a gun at you, do you just flail your arms around a queer eye guy giving fashion tips or do you do what ever it takes to stay alive? You want to stay alive with a passion, then you should use that same passion to destroy his ******* ship ). You are not some sniveling whiney 8 year old whose socker team lost a match and should get a runner up prize to salve your ego or that because the other guy "won" by giving up so he should be left with the stigmata of a loss mail, you are a grown adult playing the most harsh game on the planet where a loss means something so do what ever it takes to win and rub it in his ******* face when the self destructs still has 60 seconds on the clock but you still earned the KM.

7 - 10 : Butthurt OopsOopsOops to infinity and beyond because OP was chumped and doesn't like it.

FFS, if you want to win then do it. You don't need CCP's help to fix an issue where KM and shame is supposed to mean something on an OUT OF GAME NON-OFFICIAL CCP ISN'T ENDORSING player run content. Thats like a miner asking "I want to be safe with immunity, CCP do something." because the guy is a failure at adapting to stay alive and I know NOBODY wants CCP to let people have immunity.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#10 - 2012-02-06 19:22:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Simi Kusoni
mxzf wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:
you've never flown anything larger than a drake.


Correction: I've never lost something larger than a Drake on this char and had it posted to the KB(s) you were looking at, that's all you know. How much you think I know about the topic at hand has zero bearing on how much I actually know.

The point remains that self destructing is working as intended, they have considered giving out KMs for the people who were firing on a ship when it self destructed, but that's it. Most more experienced players are also in agreement that the mechanic is working as intended too.

The only people who actually mind the current system are the ones who are worrying about their epeen and feel wronged by their lack of a KM to brag about. However they forget that a core principle in Eve is the ability to screw over anyone and everyone however you can, and self destructing is a way to screw over the person shooting you and make them rage because of a lack of KM. Working as intended.

a) You are API verified, so all your losses have been posted.
b) You are part of a small industrial corp with no PvP record and no connection to larger, PvP orientated corps.
c) Your alt shares your naming scheme, is part of the same corporation, and has even less kills/losses.

Next time you're pretending to have some experience on a subject, back it up with some evidence.

As for "most more experienced players". Look in the threads on this subject, scroll down and take a quick tally. Most "experienced" players will be advocating extensions for the timers on capital ships, the granting of KMs and the nullification of insurance contracts.

Take a look at those arguing against it, and what do you see? PvE characters, who are strongly anti-PvP even when it in no way effects them. Or players like Asuka Solo, who have a history of losing/self destructing ratting carriers. The SD timer as it is now is not "working as intended", it is defeating the purpose of capital ship warfare.

If it truly were working as intended, then why not recommend extending subcap SD timers to 5-10 minutes for battleships through frigates? Oh, that'd be a bad idea because it would render PvP pointless? So what makes capitals special?

tl;dr: bunch of butthurt PvE noobs should stop trying to hide their losses through SD timers.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Tidurious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-02-06 19:36:57 UTC
Yay, the third thread about SD timers in a week! Use the search function please and realize that people think SD timers are fine as they are. Let me rehash why:

1. SD is a valid tactic to deny your enemy the loot from your ship
2. SD is also valid for pissing off your enemy by denying them the KM
3. The argument that "it affects KB status" is complete bullshit, because KBs are outside of EVE, do not affect gameplay in a meaningful way, and are therefore not a valid reason for changing ANYTHING in-game.
4. If SD pisses you off when you lose that possible kill, then it is working as intended. You don't hear the guys who try to SD ***** about getting killed before they have a chance to SD, do you? Quit whining because you lost a kill and get over it.
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#12 - 2012-02-06 19:37:53 UTC
mxzf wrote:
... If you were insufficiently prepared for the battle you entered into...

Since when did "grab the bat-phone" ever constitute preparedness? Smile

This however does (from another "OMG, mah mailzzz" spam thread:
Hirana Yoshida wrote:

HACKING!
- Each successful hacking attempt after self-destruct has been initiated, adds 10s to timer (Only one attempt possible at a time).
Add a computer core hardening attribute to some not directly beneficial module to give the capital something to waste a slot on to keep the option of a successful SD open....

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#13 - 2012-02-06 19:40:09 UTC
Tidurious wrote:
3. The argument that "it affects KB status" is complete bullshit, because KBs are outside of EVE, do not affect gameplay in a meaningful way, and are therefore not a valid reason for changing ANYTHING in-game.

Then why did the devs just add implants to KMs?

Tidurious wrote:
4. If SD pisses you off when you lose that possible kill, then it is working as intended. You don't hear the guys who try to SD ***** about getting killed before they have a chance to SD, do you? Quit whining because you lost a kill and get over it.

Then why not shorten SD timers to 20 seconds? Because that isn't a reasonable time frame in which to kill a ship? Oh right of course, good point. So why is two minutes a good timer for an aeon, which has 70-80 million EHP when it overloads it's modules?

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

L0rdF1end
Gang Bang You're Dead
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#14 - 2012-02-06 22:15:15 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
L0rdF1end wrote:
Fair enough. I've seen a lot of people self destruct ships easily within the 2 minute time, I'm talking about carriers and up.

This isn't really a fair reflection of ISK lost and skews killboard stats.
Just like the change to logoff, if you are prepared to commit something to a fight it should be fully committed, not escpaing a killmail by self destructing.

This isn't a ***** or a moan, just an idea I thought would make people be fully committed to the fight when using cap ships.

From what I get reading this post

1. Butthurt Oops

2. If you seen a carrier self destruct, then you know...you lacked the proper resources to take it out so the optimal idea is to correct your **** up. You should be doing anything to win, but whining about losing is the equilivent to a miner looking his hulk to a gank...so HTFU and do better next time.

3. Butthurt OopsOops

4. Fair reflection is not a valid reason, EVE isn't fair. Every Tom, ****, and Harry beliving "fair" and "gamer score" are ******* idiots, you don't need a "reason" to do what it is you want to do in EVE except enjoy it. Also, KB, KM, ect ect repeat adnausem has...get this your mind will be blown away...ZERO ******* EFFECT AT ALL ON GAME PLAY! Thats right, your ID10T: User Error is the ******* reason you lost. See below why

5. Commit to the fight. Holy ******* hell are you a ******* moron. BOTH SIDES COMMIT TO THE FIGHT! So if you want to win...DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR ******* POWER TO DO IT! You, are obviously not commited enough to WIN! that you should just LOSE and HTFU that you are now a chump. The other guy, will do ANYTHING TO **** YOU OFF BECAUSE GAMER SCORE IS SO IMPORTANT TO SOME PEOPLE BUT HE DOESN'T CARE. Logoffski has nothing to do with self destruct, it was trying to protect the ship to fight another day...now POOF!!! its ******* gone and no longer exists.

6. Sounds like a pissmoan and bitchwhine. If you are truely commited to winning, you will bring more people and more DPS to down that mother ****** in half the time (Guy points a gun at you, do you just flail your arms around a ***** eye guy giving fashion tips or do you do what ever it takes to stay alive? You want to stay alive with a passion, then you should use that same passion to destroy his ******* ship ). You are not some sniveling whiney 8 year old whose socker team lost a match and should get a runner up prize to salve your ego or that because the other guy "won" by giving up so he should be left with the stigmata of a loss mail, you are a grown adult playing the most harsh game on the planet where a loss means something so do what ever it takes to win and rub it in his ******* face when the self destructs still has 60 seconds on the clock but you still earned the KM.
7 - 10 : Butthurt OopsOopsOops to infinity and beyond because OP was chumped and doesn't like it.

FFS, if you want to win then do it. You don't need CCP's help to fix an issue where KM and shame is supposed to mean something on an OUT OF GAME NON-OFFICIAL CCP ISN'T ENDORSING player run content. Thats like a miner asking "I want to be safe with immunity, CCP do something." because the guy is a failure at adapting to stay alive and I know NOBODY wants CCP to let people have immunity.



Rofl my ass off at massive rant. Ultimate flamage, you win hands down...not that the time put into this response says much for your life.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#15 - 2012-02-06 23:02:37 UTC
L0rdF1end wrote:
Aqriue wrote:
L0rdF1end wrote:
Fair enough. I've seen a lot of people self destruct ships easily within the 2 minute time, I'm talking about carriers and up.

This isn't really a fair reflection of ISK lost and skews killboard stats.
Just like the change to logoff, if you are prepared to commit something to a fight it should be fully committed, not escpaing a killmail by self destructing.

This isn't a ***** or a moan, just an idea I thought would make people be fully committed to the fight when using cap ships.

From what I get reading this post

1. Butthurt Oops

2. If you seen a carrier self destruct, then you know...you lacked the proper resources to take it out so the optimal idea is to correct your **** up. You should be doing anything to win, but whining about losing is the equilivent to a miner looking his hulk to a gank...so HTFU and do better next time.

3. Butthurt OopsOops

4. Fair reflection is not a valid reason, EVE isn't fair. Every Tom, ****, and Harry beliving "fair" and "gamer score" are ******* idiots, you don't need a "reason" to do what it is you want to do in EVE except enjoy it. Also, KB, KM, ect ect repeat adnausem has...get this your mind will be blown away...ZERO ******* EFFECT AT ALL ON GAME PLAY! Thats right, your ID10T: User Error is the ******* reason you lost. See below why

5. Commit to the fight. Holy ******* hell are you a ******* moron. BOTH SIDES COMMIT TO THE FIGHT! So if you want to win...DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR ******* POWER TO DO IT! You, are obviously not commited enough to WIN! that you should just LOSE and HTFU that you are now a chump. The other guy, will do ANYTHING TO **** YOU OFF BECAUSE GAMER SCORE IS SO IMPORTANT TO SOME PEOPLE BUT HE DOESN'T CARE. Logoffski has nothing to do with self destruct, it was trying to protect the ship to fight another day...now POOF!!! its ******* gone and no longer exists.

6. Sounds like a pissmoan and bitchwhine. If you are truely commited to winning, you will bring more people and more DPS to down that mother ****** in half the time (Guy points a gun at you, do you just flail your arms around a ***** eye guy giving fashion tips or do you do what ever it takes to stay alive? You want to stay alive with a passion, then you should use that same passion to destroy his ******* ship ). You are not some sniveling whiney 8 year old whose socker team lost a match and should get a runner up prize to salve your ego or that because the other guy "won" by giving up so he should be left with the stigmata of a loss mail, you are a grown adult playing the most harsh game on the planet where a loss means something so do what ever it takes to win and rub it in his ******* face when the self destructs still has 60 seconds on the clock but you still earned the KM.
7 - 10 : Butthurt OopsOopsOops to infinity and beyond because OP was chumped and doesn't like it.

FFS, if you want to win then do it. You don't need CCP's help to fix an issue where KM and shame is supposed to mean something on an OUT OF GAME NON-OFFICIAL CCP ISN'T ENDORSING player run content. Thats like a miner asking "I want to be safe with immunity, CCP do something." because the guy is a failure at adapting to stay alive and I know NOBODY wants CCP to let people have immunity.



Rofl my ass off at massive rant. Ultimate flamage, you win hands down...not that the time put into this response says much for your life.
That was actually a pretty short and eloquent post by Aqruie's standards.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Axium Cog
Ambition Unlimited
#16 - 2012-02-06 23:20:48 UTC
Im going to copy over my response from one of the other threads on this note.
Its the third in a week because just that many capital pilots are using SD as a way to avoid KB hits. Its a real problem and anyone shooting the capital will agree. The only people to disagree are those guilty of using it as such.

I like that it gives someone the option of denying the loot from the wreck, but i dont like that i just spent 15 mins planning an op to kill someone being stupid with their capital and i dont get recognition for it.

Just a couple of days ago we ganked a fleet of 7 dreads in a C5, we pinned down 3 before they could get away, popped two and the third SD'd literally a volley away from popping(bring more deeps, can shut the hell up we had plenty, any more and the fleet cant get back without stranding some behind). I dont mind being denied the loot, thats tactical, but using it to pretend you didnt do something stupid is total bull.

On a similar note, Id like to see everyone involved in a kill get a copy of the mail. We killed some AAACitizens who were (again) being dumb with a carrier. The pilot thought itd be a good idea to jettison an interdiction nullified proteus in hopes of getting away, only he didnt know you cant climb into a locked ship. Naturally we shot it as well, but he stuck a fighter on it, getting the last blow and because he was being a sore loser(and you say we're butthurt?), refused to post the mail. The mail which isnt a part of eve you say?

And i swear if i could kill an eve character permanently, i would do so to every person that says KB arent a part of eve. THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT A PART OF EVE! Devs dont just code things for the fun of it. Every line of code costs money. Im a software developer i am very aware of this simple fact. If it wasnt a part of eve there would be no killmails at all.

As has been stated before, while the fact that the asset has been destroyed is valid, thats more of a factor in Null. Asset destruction isnt as important in W-space when you wont be connected to them in 24 hours. Its much more focused on the fight itself. What did we kill, how, were we outnumbered, how were our risk/reward ratios, victories/losses ratios. Its fast paced, hit hard and fast and gtfo. The killmails are the only record of success as we cant claim their system as a trophy, rat in the belts they used to mine, and drink quafe while tipping the exotic dancers in their stations. The only spoils we can claim is the mail, as usually its such a fast op we have to shoot the wrecks before we go cause theres no time to loot them.

---

Also, because im being lazy im not going to figure out who said it a minute ago, but the risk and commitment to a fight argument is a VERY valid argument. If you dont want to have the KB hit, then dont fly a capital. First rule of eve, dont fly anything you arent willing to lose. Poor-sportsman capital pilots can now flame away, honorable cap pilots have a nice day.
Axium Cog
Ambition Unlimited
#17 - 2012-02-06 23:27:51 UTC
Good lord i could tear Aqriue's argument up line by line if he really wants me to.
1m isk he SD's regularly to avoid the KB hit.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#18 - 2012-02-07 03:40:51 UTC
Axium Cog wrote:
Im going to copy over my response from one of the other threads on this note.
Its the third in a week because just that many capital pilots are using SD as a way to avoid KB hits. Its a real problem and anyone shooting the capital will agree. The only people to disagree are those guilty of using it as such.

I like that it gives someone the option of denying the loot from the wreck, but i dont like that i just spent 15 mins planning an op to kill someone being stupid with their capital and i dont get recognition for it.

Just a couple of days ago we ganked a fleet of 7 dreads in a C5, we pinned down 3 before they could get away, popped two and the third SD'd literally a volley away from popping(bring more deeps, can shut the hell up we had plenty, any more and the fleet cant get back without stranding some behind). I dont mind being denied the loot, thats tactical, but using it to pretend you didnt do something stupid is total bull.

On a similar note, Id like to see everyone involved in a kill get a copy of the mail. We killed some AAACitizens who were (again) being dumb with a carrier. The pilot thought itd be a good idea to jettison an interdiction nullified proteus in hopes of getting away, only he didnt know you cant climb into a locked ship. Naturally we shot it as well, but he stuck a fighter on it, getting the last blow and because he was being a sore loser(and you say we're butthurt?), refused to post the mail. The mail which isnt a part of eve you say?

And i swear if i could kill an eve character permanently, i would do so to every person that says KB arent a part of eve. THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT A PART OF EVE! Devs dont just code things for the fun of it. Every line of code costs money. Im a software developer i am very aware of this simple fact. If it wasnt a part of eve there would be no killmails at all.

As has been stated before, while the fact that the asset has been destroyed is valid, thats more of a factor in Null. Asset destruction isnt as important in W-space when you wont be connected to them in 24 hours. Its much more focused on the fight itself. What did we kill, how, were we outnumbered, how were our risk/reward ratios, victories/losses ratios. Its fast paced, hit hard and fast and gtfo. The killmails are the only record of success as we cant claim their system as a trophy, rat in the belts they used to mine, and drink quafe while tipping the exotic dancers in their stations. The only spoils we can claim is the mail, as usually its such a fast op we have to shoot the wrecks before we go cause theres no time to loot them.

---

Also, because im being lazy im not going to figure out who said it a minute ago, but the risk and commitment to a fight argument is a VERY valid argument. If you dont want to have the KB hit, then dont fly a capital. First rule of eve, dont fly anything you arent willing to lose. Poor-sportsman capital pilots can now flame away, honorable cap pilots have a nice day.


Killboards are a side effect of eve. killmails are apart of eve.

The only thing dumber than a guy playing with a capital at a bad time and the wrong place, are people failing to take advantage of that and gank them in 2 minutes. Lack of killmails are also an indication of failure. And fail is also a big part of Eve.

That rant is less about people avoiding kb hits and more about you not wanting to fail.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Axium Cog
Ambition Unlimited
#19 - 2012-02-07 17:31:25 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Axium Cog wrote:
Im going to copy over my response from one of the other threads on this note.
Its the third in a week because just that many capital pilots are using SD as a way to avoid KB hits. Its a real problem and anyone shooting the capital will agree. The only people to disagree are those guilty of using it as such.

I like that it gives someone the option of denying the loot from the wreck, but i dont like that i just spent 15 mins planning an op to kill someone being stupid with their capital and i dont get recognition for it.

Just a couple of days ago we ganked a fleet of 7 dreads in a C5, we pinned down 3 before they could get away, popped two and the third SD'd literally a volley away from popping(bring more deeps, can shut the hell up we had plenty, any more and the fleet cant get back without stranding some behind). I dont mind being denied the loot, thats tactical, but using it to pretend you didnt do something stupid is total bull.

On a similar note, Id like to see everyone involved in a kill get a copy of the mail. We killed some AAACitizens who were (again) being dumb with a carrier. The pilot thought itd be a good idea to jettison an interdiction nullified proteus in hopes of getting away, only he didnt know you cant climb into a locked ship. Naturally we shot it as well, but he stuck a fighter on it, getting the last blow and because he was being a sore loser(and you say we're butthurt?), refused to post the mail. The mail which isnt a part of eve you say?

And i swear if i could kill an eve character permanently, i would do so to every person that says KB arent a part of eve. THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT A PART OF EVE! Devs dont just code things for the fun of it. Every line of code costs money. Im a software developer i am very aware of this simple fact. If it wasnt a part of eve there would be no killmails at all.

As has been stated before, while the fact that the asset has been destroyed is valid, thats more of a factor in Null. Asset destruction isnt as important in W-space when you wont be connected to them in 24 hours. Its much more focused on the fight itself. What did we kill, how, were we outnumbered, how were our risk/reward ratios, victories/losses ratios. Its fast paced, hit hard and fast and gtfo. The killmails are the only record of success as we cant claim their system as a trophy, rat in the belts they used to mine, and drink quafe while tipping the exotic dancers in their stations. The only spoils we can claim is the mail, as usually its such a fast op we have to shoot the wrecks before we go cause theres no time to loot them.

---

Also, because im being lazy im not going to figure out who said it a minute ago, but the risk and commitment to a fight argument is a VERY valid argument. If you dont want to have the KB hit, then dont fly a capital. First rule of eve, dont fly anything you arent willing to lose. Poor-sportsman capital pilots can now flame away, honorable cap pilots have a nice day.


Killboards are a side effect of eve. killmails are apart of eve.

The only thing dumber than a guy playing with a capital at a bad time and the wrong place, are people failing to take advantage of that and gank them in 2 minutes. Lack of killmails are also an indication of failure. And fail is also a big part of Eve.

That rant is less about people avoiding kb hits and more about you not wanting to fail.


The only reason for killmails is so people can keep track of their K/D ratios. Killboards are simply an automation of that system.

Since when is forcing a guy to SD a failure? You think he SD'd because he decided he didnt like the paint color of his ship anymore? No, he SD'd cause he was going to lose the ship and he wanted to deny us the loot. Thats fine. But its still our kill. My point is still valid.

Nice try, but try again.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#20 - 2012-02-07 20:23:28 UTC
Axium Cog wrote:
Asuka Solo wrote:
Axium Cog wrote:
Im going to copy over my response from one of the other threads on this note.
Its the third in a week because just that many capital pilots are using SD as a way to avoid KB hits. Its a real problem and anyone shooting the capital will agree. The only people to disagree are those guilty of using it as such.

I like that it gives someone the option of denying the loot from the wreck, but i dont like that i just spent 15 mins planning an op to kill someone being stupid with their capital and i dont get recognition for it.

Just a couple of days ago we ganked a fleet of 7 dreads in a C5, we pinned down 3 before they could get away, popped two and the third SD'd literally a volley away from popping(bring more deeps, can shut the hell up we had plenty, any more and the fleet cant get back without stranding some behind). I dont mind being denied the loot, thats tactical, but using it to pretend you didnt do something stupid is total bull.

On a similar note, Id like to see everyone involved in a kill get a copy of the mail. We killed some AAACitizens who were (again) being dumb with a carrier. The pilot thought itd be a good idea to jettison an interdiction nullified proteus in hopes of getting away, only he didnt know you cant climb into a locked ship. Naturally we shot it as well, but he stuck a fighter on it, getting the last blow and because he was being a sore loser(and you say we're butthurt?), refused to post the mail. The mail which isnt a part of eve you say?

And i swear if i could kill an eve character permanently, i would do so to every person that says KB arent a part of eve. THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT A PART OF EVE! Devs dont just code things for the fun of it. Every line of code costs money. Im a software developer i am very aware of this simple fact. If it wasnt a part of eve there would be no killmails at all.

As has been stated before, while the fact that the asset has been destroyed is valid, thats more of a factor in Null. Asset destruction isnt as important in W-space when you wont be connected to them in 24 hours. Its much more focused on the fight itself. What did we kill, how, were we outnumbered, how were our risk/reward ratios, victories/losses ratios. Its fast paced, hit hard and fast and gtfo. The killmails are the only record of success as we cant claim their system as a trophy, rat in the belts they used to mine, and drink quafe while tipping the exotic dancers in their stations. The only spoils we can claim is the mail, as usually its such a fast op we have to shoot the wrecks before we go cause theres no time to loot them.

---

Also, because im being lazy im not going to figure out who said it a minute ago, but the risk and commitment to a fight argument is a VERY valid argument. If you dont want to have the KB hit, then dont fly a capital. First rule of eve, dont fly anything you arent willing to lose. Poor-sportsman capital pilots can now flame away, honorable cap pilots have a nice day.


Killboards are a side effect of eve. killmails are apart of eve.

The only thing dumber than a guy playing with a capital at a bad time and the wrong place, are people failing to take advantage of that and gank them in 2 minutes. Lack of killmails are also an indication of failure. And fail is also a big part of Eve.

That rant is less about people avoiding kb hits and more about you not wanting to fail.


The only reason for killmails is so people can keep track of their K/D ratios. Killboards are simply an automation of that system.

Since when is forcing a guy to SD a failure? You think he SD'd because he decided he didnt like the paint color of his ship anymore? No, he SD'd cause he was going to lose the ship and he wanted to deny us the loot. Thats fine. But its still our kill. My point is still valid.

Nice try, but try again.


Your failure at comprehension is 2nd only to failure at reading between the lines.

I never said forcing some1 into self destructing is failing. You failing to gank them before the SD timer runs out is you failing at something your supposed to be so uber at.

And its not your kill. You didn't crack his hull. At best, you assisted in suicide. Your point is mute, buried beneath tons of emo rage.

Now go cry some more about how you deserve something you didn't get.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

12Next page